Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sweet Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hype is reaching critical meltdown levels.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Frankston posted:

So is this better than Nintendogs or what

Impossible standard

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I need a countdown timer or something because I've been :f5: all day in the hopes that maybe now it's unlocked

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'll go pick mine up in person then wait till my daughter wants to play coop with me.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

lowest scores:

I sure do hope that Mr. 75/100 did the full 100% of the game and is underwhelmed by that, and isn't literally complaining about a game for children being easy to get through

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Some big names still unscored

Will it climb up to 98, or will Jim gently caress this up again???

And yes, this question is absolutely vital to my enjoyment of the game

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

So is Odyssey good enough to get someone back on the Mario train if they failed to see what the fuss was about 64?

This is a cursed post

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Some big names still unscored

Will it climb up to 98, or will Jim gently caress this up again???

And yes, this question is absolutely vital to my enjoyment of the game

Jim doesn't score any games no more. That 7.5 score though I can't tell is that like an onion-esq site for games someone mistook for something serious because it reads like someone parodying a HARDCORE GAMER

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

lowest scores:

I sure do hope that Mr. 75/100 did the full 100% of the game and is underwhelmed by that, and isn't literally complaining about a game for children being easy to get through

I don't think that the 75/100 review is anything other than trolling for clicks, lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello

I put the hat on the frog

Then I became the frog

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Hello

I put the hat on the frog

Then I became the frog

How does it feel to truly know what gaming's ambrosia is like

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Can't wait for the first review giving it a 70 just for the clickbait and to be contrarian cool guy McHotTakes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
please don't fret, I've sent a strongly worded letter to Play! Zine wishing them and their families the worst of cancers and vow to destroy the lives of anybody and everybody they've ever cared for due to the injustice they've unleashed on the world.

e: Serious question: Can you unlock/play as Luigi in Odyssey? This is my hope and dream for every new Mario game that's released.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
theres a gameboy snapshot filter and the game looks so amazing even with those on that i want action replay codes or some poo poo to apply it to regular play.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

DLC Inc posted:

I knew the reviews for this game would be good but holy poo poo

Not counting ports, publishers that shipped 2 or more 95+ metacritic games within twelve months include Take2/2K Games (both in 2001-2002 and 2007-2008), Activision (2000-2001) and Nintendo (in 2000, 2002-2003 and 2006-2007). Some publishers like Namco make it in if you lengthen the window to 18 months.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The only CON for this Super Mario adventure are the JoyCon™ you'll use to play the game!

I'll probably be using the Pro Controller

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Louisgod posted:

e: Serious question: Can you unlock/play as Luigi in Odyssey? This is my hope and dream for every new Mario game that's released.

Sounds like something they’d lock behind a future Amiibo offering.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

deadwing posted:

How does it feel to truly know what gaming's ambrosia is like

It was good

Then I put a hat on a TRex and then I was in heaven

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I'm gonna go down to the store tomorrow morning before it opens with a coffee in hand. Then I'm going to buy one of the copies, take it home and not play it for like a week.

I'm moving. But the place I'm moving to doesn't have gamestop and I have to spend this credit.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Hopefully some starry eyed kid doesn't get a copy

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Calaveron posted:

Can't wait for the first review giving it a 70 just for the clickbait and to be contrarian cool guy McHotTakes

"A good piece of media must always be giving those who consume it something to ruminate on. What exactly does Odyssey say about the human condition that hasn't already been said?"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm gonna go down to the store tomorrow morning before it opens with a coffee in hand. Then I'm going to buy one of the copies, take it home and not play it for like a week.

I'm moving. But the place I'm moving to doesn't have gamestop and I have to spend this credit.

If only there were a way to play the game on a device you could conveniently carry around with you, running off of some sort of portable energy source

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Louisgod posted:

yes, from a certain point of view... (and not just luigi... maybe there's another set of brothers... who knows?)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t believe there have been all these perfect games on this perfect console.

What a time to be alive.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

that is a true display of deep devotion to the beautiful Super Mario

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh look ArsTechnica took one of the cons in my parody review seriously (I didn't link to the full review because of slight spoilers):

ArsTechnica posted:

[...]the game doesn't do much to reduce the retrograde simplicity and extremely dated gender roles that are in full force here.

lol

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 26, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

does japan even have that as a concept?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i can't believe thiss game doesn't unlock until friday, that's two fuckin work days i gotta suffer through before i can put a hat on a frog!!!!!!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

well why not posted:

does japan even have that as a concept?
Didn't Miyamoto say he always wanted to make more games starring girls but mumble mumble something?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Kaubocks posted:

i can't believe thiss game doesn't unlock until friday, that's two fuckin work days i gotta suffer through before i can put a hat on a frog!!!!!!

Get it digital wake up early and play before work on friday like me

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Kaubocks posted:

I Would Die To Place The Hat On The Frog

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lakbay posted:

Or just skip sleeping since you’re already waking up super early to preorder the perfect phone.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lakbay posted:

i have digital, does anyone know what time it unlocks? i leave pretty early for work and wouldn't be able to connect my switch to work wifi to unlock it :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's me guys I'm the Serbian game reviewer that's going to give it a 6.5

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
12AM EDT for me but I don't know if it's midnight in every region or if it'll unlock at 9PM PST for west coast folks

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lakbay posted:

it'll unlock at 9PM PST for west coast folks

oh

i guess i'm not sleeping tonight

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Norns posted:

It's me guys I'm the Serbian game reviewer that's going to give it a 6.5

A Super Mario Serbian Odyssey.