Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

DetoxP posted:

What if she... Didn't have different movement mechanics? Remove the float, who needs it

Then people would complain that they added Peach in as a Mario clone? You can't win with gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You could just have Peach be an NPC, who's just around, doin' stuff. Maybe she has an item shop. Maybe she flies the spaceship. Let her have a nice time not being a prisoner, I think.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why? I don’t want to read it myself.

It is not actually a review, but a series of short stories about fictional people and how they might enjoy Destiny 2. Underneath the whole thing you can feel the silent scream of "I am an English Major and games journalism is beneath me."

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-the-kotaku-review-1818530629

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the Galaxy games had another playable character with a slightly different playstyle, and they were similar in scope to this.

But in the end it's could of, would of, should of, and it relies on more aspects of resources and development than people give it credit for.

I dunno. Like I said, you don't necessarily have to change her role in the game to make it a bit more positive

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just have Peach be a playable character, as it was in the best Mario game: Super Mario RPG, Legend of the Seven Stars.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

HMS Beagle posted:

It is not actually a review, but a series of short stories about fictional people and how they might enjoy Destiny 2. Underneath the whole thing you can feel the silent scream of "I am an English Major and games journalism is beneath me."

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-the-kotaku-review-1818530629

On the hand I can respect doing something different because, let's be honest: it's destiny 2. You already know if you like destiny or not, kotaku isn't going to change your mind on it.

On the other, much larger hand, Christ this is aaaaaawwwwwfffffuuuuuuulllllll and so long!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Wow, those reviews. Two games getting some of the best reviews of any game in the first year of a new console is pretty loving good.

We'll look back on this as the start of the Switch's long, slow decline

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsBandit posted:

Saying that adding another character with entirely different movement mechanics to a platformer with hundreds of unique challenges "isn't really that difficult" is loving absurd.

Yeah, I shouldn't have mentioned that at all, after all nothing in SM3DL changes after you unlock Luigi even though he can jump higher. Keep everything the same, maybe some sections would be harder/easier with her float and that's fine.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Some worlds with Peach, some Mario, some Luigi, some Toad. Then you get the variety without having to balance each level for all four.

(Then unlock play with all four after you get all the moons)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

okay it's time to come clean: generic toad can go to hell. Give me captain toad, toadette, hell even toadsworth. No more generic toad!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

okay it's time to come clean: generic toad can go to hell. Give me captain toad, toadette, hell even toadsworth. No more generic toad!

do you feel the same way about Yoshi

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

RCarr posted:

Just have Peach be a playable character, as it was in the best Mario game: Super Mario RPG, Legend of the Seven Stars.
That game was never released in Europe, and therefore isn't canon.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo. Mario crashed. Black screen with white writing. That’s a first.

[Ed] reproducible! Don’t go to the second row of the Basic Actions tab and cycle to the right!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 26, 2017

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

TFRazorsaw posted:

Boshi or bust imo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
They should have just made Mario a girl

they could have named her.... Mariola

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Or yanno, Maria.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Feenix posted:

[Ed] reproducible! Don’t go to the second row of the Basic Actions tab and cycle to the right!

Hopefully they gets fixed in the day one patch.

Rabbids crashed on me the second time I tried it. It wouldn't even boot up until I uninstalled it. Couldn't even play it during my lunch break because it wouldn't load until I redownload the patch and the Switch wouldn't connect to work's wifi.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Still think the game should have been called Being John Mariolkovich

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TFRazorsaw posted:

Or yanno, Maria.

The best GTA3 character. "Ya know, Muh-REE-uh? Now come on and give me some advice, I got real problems here!" :allears:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Marionkle

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marioette

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Manitoba.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Feenix posted:

That's what you get for playing it before me. Hrmmph.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
is the switch dead yet

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Raserys posted:

is the switch dead yet

what is dead can never die

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Raserys posted:

is the switch dead yet

They haven't even announced a Nintendogs sequel

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dr Cheeto posted:

They haven't even announced a Nintendogs sequel

"With HD Rumble you can feel every toe bean"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

"With HD Rumble you can feel every toe bean"

GOTC

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Super Mario Protip for explorers. Don't run around looking for EVERY thing before you beat the boss. You'll drive yourself crazy and a ton of poo poo doesn't even show up until you beat the boss. At least on the level I am playing now.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oddly enough no

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Though I'd be okay with wiping Yoshi from canon and replacing him with the punk rock Yoshi from ttyd

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Anyone have any luck with a store releasing a day early? I pre-ordered from Target and was wondering what the chances are that they would give me the game tonight if I stopped in...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

Though I'd be okay with wiping Yoshi from canon and replacing him with the punk rock Yoshi from ttyd

Boshi was in super mario rpg

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

To be honest I'm surprised there's not a second playable character after the 10 year post-game tradition of unlocking Luigi in Galaxy 1+2 and 3D Land / Rosalina in 3D World

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mario preloaded on my Switch, Wolfenstein preloaded on Steam. Should I expected Mario to be ready to go by midnight tonight PST or no

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

No I mean the one with the mohawk that you ride around on. Though yeah punk rock Yoshi is a way more apt description for boshi.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I’ve recently learned this game was not released in Europe and therefore is not canon.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Please use spoilers when talking about the details of an unreleased game, tia

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

No I mean the one with the mohawk that you ride around on. Though yeah punk rock Yoshi is a way more apt description for boshi.

Oh. I never really saw that Yoshi that way, so I just assumed you got the game wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Anyone have any luck with a store releasing a day early? I pre-ordered from Target and was wondering what the chances are that they would give me the game tonight if I stopped in...

Target computers have street dates locked in and there's no way to bypass or override it, it'll just refuse to sell you it.

• Locked thread