Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
its midnight let me download mario!!! i need to get the mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You've been able to download Mario for days now

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

lelandjs posted:

Whelp my payment finally failed on Amazon.co.jp so I guess I’m not playing MARIO tonight after all.

Oh well. At least my Best Buy order shipped!

After bending over backwards for japanese eshop credit (and failing) all day I realized it goes live on the US eshop at 9pm my time

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...well ok immediately after getting a message stating that I had to confirm my payment info, and then getting a failure message, I get sent an email I can’t read... containing a download code. Holy poo poo!

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

lelandjs posted:

...well ok immediately after getting a message stating that I had to confirm my payment info, and then getting a failure message, I get sent an email I can’t read... containing a download code. Holy poo poo!

Well now I resent you instead of empathizing with your plight

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am dying because I wanna play now, but I really rather have the physical edition, but I don't wanna wait fifteen and a half hours. Help.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I am dying because I wanna play now, but I really rather have the physical edition, but I don't wanna wait fifteen and a half hours. Help.

Same but like six loving days

AMAZON

OK you guys have to promise me something.

You won't play until Nov 1, OK?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
YESSSSS!
https://twitter.com/Loddedin/status/923677119342813184

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why'd you post your twitter instead of just the image lol

do you want me to follow you

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Martytoof posted:

Same but like six loving days

AMAZON

OK you guys have to promise me something.

You won't play until Nov 1, OK?

Hahaha you fool.

Huh, turns out my local store is doing a midnight release, so that'll just be 5 more hours.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

It’s quicker to post the images to Twitter from the switch.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

The internet is a community

Twitter is now the closest thing to Miiverse :(

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
So mines been shipped from amazon for 24 hours with no shipping information posted. Im not at home so I can’t play it immediately but drat Amazon come on. I’ve never had a problem with preorders until this.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
You guys are going through some extraordinary lengths to play the game a few hours early

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m not actually going to buy smo because I’m only 5 hours into golf story still. God bless

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m not actually going to buy smo because I’m only 5 hours into golf story still. God bless

im only 4 hours into golf story and i already have smo on my switch. get on my level

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hmmm a perfect game vs a perfect game. How can one choose?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've spent literally like $600 on video games this month (including the Switch itself obviously) so I think Mario needs to wait for another month.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Now the thread can go into the where’s the games Nintendo phase.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Now the thread can go into the where’s the games Nintendo phase.

The games were inside you all along.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I bought the Mario Odyssey edition switch and it just arrived. Unfortunately the eshop doesn't seem to want to accept my Mario Odyssey digital code. I'm hoping this changes by midnight but I'm disappointed to find out that I can't even pre-download the game until then.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

I bought the Mario Odyssey edition switch and it just arrived. Unfortunately the eshop doesn't seem to want to accept my Mario Odyssey digital code. I'm hoping this changes by midnight but I'm disappointed to find out that I can't even pre-download the game until then.

the game isn't out yet my dude, release date is the 27th not the 26th

it should unlock in roughly 4 hours

E: waaait i'm dumb you can't even preload? call nintendo maybe

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The message I get is "the content isn't available" so I'm just guessing it's a problem with the bundled digital code that doesn't apply to copies bought on the eshop.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

if yall dont buy odyseey at the earliest convenience you're gonna die 7 days later, its in the prophecies of miyamoto

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

alright my dudes I've bought and preloaded Ur Mr Odd. My adult rear end ain't got time to wait in line at a brick & mortar this midnight, or risk having it be sold out after work tomorrow, so digital it is.

is this going to unlock at 9 PM in the west coast?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So I went to go buy the digital version of Odyssey and I find out that my Switch can't connect to my Wi-Fi anymore. The Switch doesn't detect anything, which is odd because every other device in the house does, including my PS4 which is right next to the Switch. I then tried to just manually enter the information (which is the same information used for the PS4), left IP and DNS settings to "Automatic," and still no luck. Anyone else experience an issue like this?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

PunkBoy posted:

So I went to go buy the digital version of Odyssey and I find out that my Switch can't connect to my Wi-Fi anymore. The Switch doesn't detect anything, which is odd because every other device in the house does, including my PS4 which is right next to the Switch. I then tried to just manually enter the information (which is the same information used for the PS4), left IP and DNS settings to "Automatic," and still no luck. Anyone else experience an issue like this?

Turn it off. All the way off, not sleep. Then turn it back on again.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

The message I get is "the content isn't available" so I'm just guessing it's a problem with the bundled digital code that doesn't apply to copies bought on the eshop.

ah bummer, I've never bought a game with a code before launch but yeah maybe those don't go live until the game itself is up

my recommendation is that you pass the next few hours with picross s or golf story

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Welp, my Amazon pre order still hasn't shipped I guess I'll have to watch Stranger Things tomorrow instead. My life is the worst!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
only a few more hours until I get to meet my new friend Cappy

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I called NOA to see if they could do anything about preloading with a download code and they said no, they can't, but the code unlocks the game at 9pm pacific.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

JawnV6 posted:

Turn it off. All the way off, not sleep. Then turn it back on again.

Still not working. :( This really sucks!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Can we put some warning somewhere in the OP not to expect Amazon to ship your game on time?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

Can we put some warning somewhere in the OP not to expect Amazon to ship your game on time?
Aren't "my game is on its way yaaay" and all related posts frowned upon in Games by convention, if not literal rules?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Aren't "my game is on its way yaaay" and all related posts frowned upon in Games by convention, if not literal rules?

I don't know about any of that cause I don't read the rest of Games but between the launch, splatoon 2, and this there has been a ton of bitching about Amazon being poo poo while ..everyone else is fine as far as I recall. Figure people should have a heads up

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

RVWinkle posted:

Welp, my Amazon pre order still hasn't shipped I guess I'll have to watch Stranger Things tomorrow instead. My life is the worst!

:same:

I'm still not worried yet, now if I wake up without a notice then I'll be. If mine isn't here on time tomorrow, that will be the last video game related purchase I make with them.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah those posts are always a bit lame, waiting a few extra days is not a big deal for most of us. Id be more hyped if it was a hardware release and not just yet another of the many Big Titles we've gotten this year

If you absolutely must have it as soon as it is physically possible then please do yourself and this thread a favor and pick it up in person. It's not like games sell out or anything like that, and courier services consistently miss targeted delivery dates.

Like seriously that's part and parcel (heh) of online shopping!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

PunkBoy posted:

Still not working. :( This really sucks!

is it in airplane mode?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

KingSlime posted:

Yeah those posts are always a bit lame, waiting a few extra days is not a big deal for most of us. Id be more hyped if it was a hardware release and not just yet another of the many Big Titles we've gotten this year

If you absolutely must have it as soon as it is physically possible then please do yourself and this thread a favor and pick it up in person. It's not like games sell out or anything like that, and courier services consistently miss targeted delivery dates.

Like seriously that's part and parcel (heh) of online shopping!

It's not about having it as soon as possible obviously, or we would get it on the eshop. It's about saving 20%, but then them missing "guaranteed release delivery" on the biggest titles of the year when they could have just shipped it a day earlier or prioritize online pre-orders over treasure trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah I agree that they shouldn't miss that deadline but they do. Consistently. Then we get to hear about it from angry goons.

That's why I like the idea of a disclaimer in the OP

• Locked thread