Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
WAY TO NOT DO ANY OF THAT IN 10+ PLAYOFF GAMES FOR SEATTLE JERKASS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I liked that goal.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I did not see Chicago's score coming. Looks like Houston broke them last weekend.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
That was a nice goal. That was a really nice goal.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol welp, my bracket for both matches is ruined.
i am truly cursed if KC and Columbus win tomorrow

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Pretty sure Watson was offside, but maybe a team with a -21 GD in the regular season doesn't deserve to advance in the playoffs.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

More like San Hosed.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Okay, I am no longer QUITE as bitter about them not doing this two weeks ago when it would have got them first place.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So does this mean they'll play game 1 on Sunday, or will it be the Tuesday bs?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure Watson was offside, but maybe a team with a -21 GD in the regular season doesn't deserve to advance in the playoffs.

You know I am just happy we won't have to loving deal with Chris Wondolowski.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

RIP Chicago and San Jose we hardly knew thee

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

My stream is a couple minutes behind so I thought you double posted.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Vancouver is loving em up

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

threeagainstfour posted:

Vancouver is loving em up

Who could have guessed a team with -21 GD would give up goals.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

Who could have guessed a team with -21 GD would give up goals.

They are trying to reach that -30 GD before their season ends.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

gently caress. So glad I didn't go to that viewing party downtown, that can only be a somber affair.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I switched to the World Series to see extra innings and came back to a pile of corpses

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I switched to the World Series to see extra innings and came back to a pile of corpses

A pile of corpses probably would've done a better job defending those last 3 goals.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

antidote posted:

gently caress. So glad I didn't go to that viewing party downtown, that can only be a somber affair.

im having trouble deciding whether or not to go and watch the KC v Houston game at the local Sporting KC bar tomorrow.
i have hope, but not that much hope
and i dont care much for drinking when poo poo's bad

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

^^^^ I gotta be honest. My biggest regret is not seeing that sea of Kansas City middle fingers when the Dynamo score a goal in the playoffs.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Astros going back to Houston with a lot of away goals.

Wait, which thread is this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sounders-Whitecaps playing on the 29th and 2nd, so I'd imagine one of the East matchups is on the 30th with the remaining 2 on Halloween.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I will say this one time only, it's bullshit that despite being the 2 seed, the Sounders get the better schedule because they're not the main tenants of the place they play.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I'm going to regret asking this, but why is that the better schedule? I saw the thread on Reddit but it was so toxic at first glance that I decided not to read it until I could source some hazmat gear.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

I will say this one time only, it's bullshit that despite being the 2 seed, the Sounders get the better schedule because they're not the main tenants of the place they play.

How is playing on a Thursday night better than playing on a Sunday afternoon?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It's not the world's biggest advantage, but whoever the Timbers end up playing in game 1 will have a day or 2 extra rest after their play in game.

Only having to travel 3 hours north for the first leg is fortuitous as well. But that's just the seeding working in their favor.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The quick bus ride to YVR is nice, but they do have to play leg 2 on only 3 days rest though, while the Timbers will get an extra day before leg 2.

Both schedules are dumb.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Not to mention that Seattle has to play the higher seed, which seems to matter a whole lot more. But that kind of reasoning won't slow down people intent on being perpetually aggrieved.

In other words, don't bother going on Reddit.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hopefully Almiron has a nice game today, because that kid is fun to watch.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i like watching atlanta and hope they score goals

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That was a gorgeous shot

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

:stare:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Atlanta winning the title in year one would be kind of great - they built a fun, exciting, successful team out of whole cloth, and I’d love to see everyone go “oh, THIS is the model” and make a better overall league accordingly.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Atlanta winning the title in year one would be kind of great - they built a fun, exciting, successful team out of whole cloth, and I’d love to see everyone go “oh, THIS is the model” and make a better overall league accordingly.

im down with this and i do think they're basically the model

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is the lighting in the stadium insanely bright or is my tv hosed up? I honestly can't tell.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
What a pass, what a save! That was good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Is the lighting in the stadium insanely bright or is my tv hosed up? I honestly can't tell.

The picture is totally blown out, I"m watching on the finest Sarnsung 4K TV and it looks like garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Wow, the worst offside call possible. Two defenders keep the attack onside and his goal gets called back. PRO is bad!

• Locked thread