Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stop buying nintendo from amazon they constantly break delivery estimates on nintendo stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Two Beans posted:

is it in airplane mode?

It is not. The Switch finally detected the network on its own, so I go to connect to it and enter the password, and after several seconds of it trying to connect, I get the "can't connect" error. So...some progress at least.

EDIT: Aaaaand it started to work. :psyduck: I don't even know anymore.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 27, 2017

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

katkillad2 posted:

It's not about having it as soon as possible obviously, or we would get it on the eshop. It's about saving 20%, but then them missing "guaranteed release delivery" on the biggest titles of the year when they could have just shipped it a day earlier or prioritize online pre-orders over treasure trucks.

I was just joking around because it's such a first world problem. Even if they shipped on time people would still have problems with a litany of other shipping related issues that cause delays.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Stop buying nintendo from amazon they constantly break delivery estimates on nintendo stuff

If they don’t meet their release day promise you get a free month of prime and a $10 credit. I hope my delivery IS a day late.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
okay that's a game changer

always order your nintendo games from amazon

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Real hurthling! posted:

Counterpoint: They haven't missed a delivery date for me yet.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
hm I got botw pretty recently so it puts me at a place where I'll be comparing SMO to botw in a semi less biased way as I haven't had to wait so long between playing the two

I'm kinda feeling that I'm going to end up enjoying botw more overall, it's so drat good. I'm sure mario will be great but gameplay and impressions videos do give me a sense of "zelda is still cooler," if that makes any sense at all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It doesnt because zelda is overrated

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My hot take is that Zelda was rad and Mario will also be rad

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm basing it off of my enjoyment of the game not some collective opinion though

I love medieval swords n shields settings (see: dark souls) and roaming around, scoping out new locales irl and in video games. That plus the need to constantly forage and adapt makes it my favorite zelda ever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mario is better hes mario

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

It's looking like my Amazon order will arrive on time tomorrow afternoon. They delayed my Switch on launch so I complained that this stuff has happened multiple times so they 'contacted their facilities' to expedite my future orders, so I'm probably on some Amazon shitlist.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
His range of fashion certainly seems to be better than link's, I'll admit

and fashion is everything

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

hm I got botw pretty recently so it puts me at a place where I'll be comparing SMO to botw in a semi less biased way as I haven't had to wait so long between playing the two

I'm kinda feeling that I'm going to end up enjoying botw more overall, it's so drat good. I'm sure mario will be great but gameplay and impressions videos do give me a sense of "zelda is still cooler," if that makes any sense at all

they're two completely different games

and they're both heckin' good :yeah:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

gallilee posted:

Just bought ”the Mummy Demastered” from the Switch Store. Been playing it for an hour now and it’s a pretty great Metroidvania so far. Like symphony of the night but with guns.

But Starbound isn't on the Switch??

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i'd buy starbound on the Switch

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You probably buy any game on the Switch though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Amazon breaks and ships late on Nintendo stuff because they know people will just blame Nintendo due to their reputation.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

You probably buy any game on the Switch though.

I do buy a lot of games I don't plan to beat...

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I would likely hem and haw about the controls for Starbound on the switch only to be pleasantly surprised when my fears prove unfounded.

I am off work until the 2nd. Give me Mario.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I put in my order tonight since I won't be home until Saturday afternoon, but now I'm listening to the theme song and I'm hype for it all over again.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
2 hours till I can go pick Mario up hell yeah

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Real hurthling! posted:

The Zelda franchise is overrated but botw is one of the greatest games of all time (and this is coming from a guy who literally hadn't enjoyed a 3d Zelda game ever before botw)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sure whatever

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Real hurthling! posted:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
i saved a dragon today and then snowboarded down its mountain on my shield

botw... is good

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You dumbass, Trump saying something is wrong generally means it is true!

Use :wrong: instead! :ohdear:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Mario the robust Italian plumber vs Zelda the skinny elf boy. Its not even a contest...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

acksplode posted:

Mario the robust Italian plumber vs Zelda the skinny elf boy. Its not even a contest...

Both at the same time.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Both at the same time.

There is a 100% chance there is a Tumblr about this

e: found it :nws:

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 27, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Overrated is a dumb complaint to lodge at anything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zelder posted:

Overrated is a dumb complaint to lodge at anything

Not at a baseball team you defeat

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Amazon shipped my copy and it should arrive tomorrow :dance:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hmm good point. I should've said it's a dumb complaint to lodge at subjective media

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok but mario

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Super Mario Odyssey report: it’s good (duh). I’ve fought four bosses so far, none of which I would call hard, but they were all fun.

There’s a LOT to find and do. A guide may be needed to 100% the game, but in the two worlds I’ve visited so far I haven’t had any trouble gathering enough moons to progress to the next world. There are tons of little secrets and Easter eggs and hidden bits, keep your eyes peeled.

Moon-gathering activities range across the board and are of varying difficulty. Lots of hidden ones, too. If something looks “wrong”, chances are there’s a moon hidden nearby.

I already know I’m not going to be able to 100% this game because there’s at least one moon locked behind a new twist on a series mainstay that I’ve always been garbage at and don’t have the time or patience to spend an hour trying to get it. Oh well.

Would I rather have a traditional platformer Mario game like Super Mario 3D Land/World? Ultimately, yes. I’m not the biggest fan of the 3D Mario collectathons, never have been. That said, there’s already so much variety to SMO that it’s leaps and bounds above SM64 and Sunshine for me.

[Edit: is there seriously not a thread for SMO yet? Someone needs to make one, there’s gonna be a ton of people wanting to talk about moon locations and the cool poo poo they’ve found]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 27, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I kinda spoiled myself with BOTW by watching too many videos.

All I've seen of Mario is the first trailer.
Amazon has already put it on a truck.
I can't loving wait!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't get all the Amazon hate. You save $12 with Prime, and then if they miss release date shipping you get a CSR to give you a $10 credit or something.

I kind of hope my game is late... give me that $38 new release game instead of $60.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

One more work shift until Odyssey!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Now, many of you are all asking why get physical over digital.

The answer is simple; The inside of the game case has the lyrics to Jump Up, Superstar!

• Locked thread