Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I already got those memorized homie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

lelandjs posted:

[Edit: is there seriously not a thread for SMO yet? Someone needs to make one, there’s gonna be a ton of people wanting to talk about moon locations and the cool poo poo they’ve found]

There is one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837395

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I already got those memorized homie

Ah, but are you currently the owner of a wearable Cappy hat? :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now, many of you are all asking why get physical over digital.

The answer is simple; The inside of the game case has the lyrics to Jump Up, Superstar!
I'm getting physical because it's $10 cheaper than digital and I am shamelessly frugal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Installing goty cartoony N64 style platformer on my switch right now: poi.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Five minutes :supaburn:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

M A R I O

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wake me up when a Switch game gets 100 from metacritic, system is doomed.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/lube_enthusiast/status/923740631179997185

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Super Mario Big Nipples Big Life

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why won't this let me play it it's 12:02 Eastern 10/27, people on my friends list are playing it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why won't this let me play it it's 12:02 Eastern 10/27, people on my friends list are playing it
:same:

just keeps saying I can't, do I have to restart my Switch?

edit: restarting worked, actually

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

probably the servers being overloaded

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Try restarting your Switch :dance:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

now imon after sleep moding.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

daddy

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ZeeBoi posted:

Amazon shipped my copy and it should arrive tomorrow :dance:

Same. All my bitching for nothing :|

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My Best Buy hard extra wedding amiibo. I hate you Nintendo for getting me to buy these

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Who built these power lines

edit: How do I enter screenshot mode? Do I not unlock that until later? There's some pretty sick scenery in literally the first world you go to

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 27, 2017

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Same. All my bitching for nothing :|

Is yours being shipped with Canada Post too? Thank goodness it’s not Dynamex, those fuckers always want to deliver things to me at work at 7 pm.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is that mario or is it mayrio

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Macaluso posted:

Who built these power lines

edit: How do I enter screenshot mode? Do I not unlock that until later? There's some pretty sick scenery in literally the first world you go to

Down on D-pad.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so this year basically belongs to nintendo right

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The ingame camera is really fun to mess around with

https://twitter.com/lube_enthusiast/status/923741617328025601

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The baby

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

alf_pogs posted:

so this year basically belongs to nintendo right

It was an amazing year for video games, but Breath of the Wild is GOAT and Super Mario Odyssey is GOTY.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Got up to being able to go to the donks. This game is joy.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I might pick up the Super Mario Super Hat, but there is also Assassin on the Nile and No More Nazis 2 today, so decisions must be made.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Amazon UK sent me the code for SMO first thing, saving me £10 over the eShop and I'll have it waiting when I get home. A++ would pre-order again

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PowerBeard posted:

I might pick up the Super Mario Super Hat, but there is also Assassin on the Nile and No More Nazis 2 today, so decisions must be made.

This Mario makes me feel like I am 14 and got a N64 for Christmas. Such a fun game. I love just being able to explore at my leisure and see and hear all the cool sights and sounds.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Mario owns

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

This Mario makes me feel like I am 14 and got a N64 for Christmas. Such a fun game. I love just being able to explore at my leisure and see and hear all the cool sights and sounds.

That's the problem. I got Mario 64 around that age and anytime I see Oddessy, I'm filled with that same joy...
Guess I'm picking it up after work then. :ohdear:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Trivia:

in Swedish, 'super' is present indicative of the verb 'booze'. Mario super is something like 'Mario's boozing'.

Super Mario turns the statement into a question (sort of like in archaic English, in things like speaketh thou of yonder menace? ), so it means 'is Mario boozing?'

(i'm stuck at work with no mario for like seven hours)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I can't wait to finish work today and play Mayrio

Also it's a long weekend here so I have 3 days off with which to play Mayrio

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Holy poo poo, one of the jingles played in the Tostarena clothing shop reminds me way too much of the Leisure Suit Larry theme.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

game good

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

enojy posted:

Holy poo poo, one of the jingles played in the Tostarena clothing shop reminds me way too much of the Leisure Suit Larry theme.

The mini game rooms music there reminds me alot of the mushroom houses mini games from smb3 i think and it probably is

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fun Times! posted:

I was referring to njsykora's post just above mine. Some people don't want to know the length of the game, I bet. I didn't see what razorsaw posted but please everyone use spoiler tags. It's not even out in US yet. I'm peacing out of this thread for a few days now, just wanted to see folks gush about the 10/10's.

Imagine being so coddled that knowing how long a game is can upset you :allears:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Imagine being so coddled that knowing how long a game is can upset you :allears:

name/post combo fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Alright, look. I need someone to loan me enough money to buy this game.

• Locked thread