Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ili
Jul 26, 2003

Fanatic posted:

Yeah, much closer than expected.

England could win this

I hope they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

ili posted:

I hope they do.

:same:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Fucken rigged mate.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

ili posted:

Fucken rigged mate.

I agree. Weak as piss penalty after letting everything else go.

Killed the game.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

ili posted:

Fucken rigged mate.

Is that you, Ricky Stuart?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

ili posted:

I hope they do.

Yeah even though I'm Aussie, I do enjoy seeing Smith and co lose more.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
England played well to keep it tight. Didn't see what the penalty was for. I think 10-4 was more fair to the game.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
It's awesome that PNG get to play at home

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Great crowd at the PNG game, poor Welsh are melting in the heat lol

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Lebanon v France is close, but both teams have virtually the same jerseys :cripes:

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 29, 2017

Poistra
Mar 11, 2011
Outrageous Lumpwad
Scotland's shorts are the single greatest thing i have seen.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Poistra posted:

Scotland's shorts are the single greatest thing i have seen.

Indeed.

Unfortunately they seem to have made the Tongans play better. That's one scary team out there.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Fifita might have done Meninga by bailing on the Australian team. He gave away so many dumb penalties and turnovers in the second half.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Cronk to the cocks, suppose he fits in

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Do we even pretend there's a salary cap any more?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Former Storm fullback Matt Duffie has made the All Blacks.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Resident Idiot posted:

Do we even pretend there's a salary cap any more?

So your team loaded with representative players doesn't have a spare million dollars to spend under the cap at this time of year?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Easts team next year is ridiculous, I don't understand how they can be under the cap unless a bunch of those players are being paid well under market value

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Jono C posted:

So your team loaded with representative players doesn't have a spare million dollars to spend under the cap at this time of year?

My team has like 10 internationals, thank you very much.

Admittedly they represent countries like Estonia, but they're still internationals.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bowmore posted:

Easts team next year is ridiculous, I don't understand how they can be under the cap unless a bunch of those players are being paid well under market value

The magic of third party payments propping up paying unders. I assume.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

The magic of third party payments propping up paying unders. I assume.
that as well, probably over a million or more in third party

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/james-tedesco-fight-brawl-king-hit-cairns-italy-world-cup-nrl/1jfa88a4c8eek12xllus7ypilg

quote:

Italy fullback James Tedesco was reportedly king hit by teammate Shannon Wakeham as the Azzuri gathered together for drinks in Cairns following their shattering opening World Cup loss to Ireland.

Channel Seven reports Wakeham took offence to what he believed was Tedesco propositioning his girlfriend, an allegation the Roosters-bound star has denied.

Wakeham then swung at Tedesco, causing a melee between the team.

All players were evicted from the venue and Wakeham spent the night away from his fellow teammates.

The Azzuri considered sacking Wakeham, but he will fly to Townsville for their second leg against the United States.

World Cup officials are investigating the incident which took place at popular Cairns venue Pier Bar on Sunday night after their first tournament fixture.

Italy are now fighting to keep their tournament alove after a shock loss to the Irish and likely need to knock off USA and Fiji to qualify for the finals.

Really fitting into the Roosters nicely, I'd say.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

There were reports of pretty key players to their 17 such as Taukaeaho and Aubusson getting below 250k. In any case, uncle Nick will always find a way to get around the cap.

If Pearce leaves, word is he goes to the Sharks, Maloney goes to Manly, and Green goes to the Warriors.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Knights are really interested in signing Pierce if he wants to leave

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So....

Anyone want to come to the World Cup Grand Final? iajwife and I bought tickets to the Semi and Grand Finals in a drunken shopping spree and she just found out that her sister's 30th is that night. As such, I'm in possession of a very nice and shiny second ticket that's free to a good home (actual cost is having to sit next to me and needing to put up with me vitriolically hurling abuse at players I don't like, aka Queenslanders and everyone else in the Australian team that will inevitably be playing that night).

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
where is it?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Suncorp

Sorry

"Brisbane rectangular stadium ".

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't go to Brisbane on purpose

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hayne noises again about ditching gold coast.

Watch the Tigers get him.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Hayne noises again about ditching gold coast.

Watch the Tigers get him.

We've gone a bitof a while between terrible decisions. Time for a new one.

And bowmore - just lie to yourself and tell yourself that you're just going to North Tweed Heads and at the game we can get drunk enough that you don't see the maroon everywhere.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The Titans football team would be much better off without Hayne, but the decision makers are blinded by the perceived gains in sponsorship etc

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 2, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The world would be better without Hayne.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

The Titans football team would be much better off without Hayne, but the decision makers are blinded by the perceived gains in sponsorship etc
indeed, he is not a team player

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
Hayne never lived up to the hype train. He could touch it for one game a season then be a lazy gently caress collecting paychecks, whining and tweeting.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Hayne's a full on piece of poo poo. He only took his 2018 option at the Titans because nobody else wanted him for that sort of money and then he forces out Neil Henry as part of a power struggle. Going to the Eels after all of that is a giant gently caress you to the Titans.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll be pretty excited for the Titans with a new coach and no Hayne

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Hayne's a full on piece of poo poo. He only took his 2018 option at the Titans because nobody else wanted him for that sort of money and then he forces out Neil Henry as part of a power struggle. Going to the Eels after all of that is a giant gently caress you to the Titans.

Was wondering how the Eels would Parra up their good situation, this would fit the bill.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Titans should just get rid of Hayne, sign up 4 young players. The NRL will sell the Titans shortly anyways.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

I'll be pretty excited for the Titans with a new coach and no Hayne

Everybody wins.

Also still throwing it out there for anyone that can stomach coming to Brisbane that I have a completely free ticket to the world cup final on offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Can I come if I wear my qld state of origjn jersey?

• Locked thread