Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
So far this game is fantastic. My only issue is the motion controls, I almost never get the action that I want with them, even with pro controller. I also ran into a bug where I collected all the moon pieces in a puzzle room, but it still says I have one left to collect. Weird.

I just got up to Wooded kingdom, and this place feels like one giant homage to the movie Silent Running, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Mace Bacon posted:

11 Straight hours of playing.

It's good.

That's a pretty ominous moon...

Is that just before dawn of the third day?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Mace Bacon posted:

11 Straight hours of playing.

It's good.

with those proportions mario's gonna crush it in powerlifting contests

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

loving this game but here's a thought: bullet bill controls suck rear end

my brain keeps expecting it to be "hold left to turn bullet bill to its left" and not "camera left" and jeeeeesus christ

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

am the only one who finds this disturbing

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Game is fun so far, even though I've always been more partial to the standard "get from point A to point B while going through the levels sequentially" style of Mario games than I have the more open-ended stuff.

Just out of curiousity, what's the minimum amount of Moons you need to collect to access the final area and is it possible to replay previously completed stages (preferably via some kind of Fast Travel system).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 27, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I have been living under a rock so hard that the last 3D Mario I have played was 64. Somehow missed Sunshine and both Galaxy games. I primarily bought a switch for Xenoblade but I am honestly going to get this game so it can blow my mind.

I dunno about motion controls though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

In the last Mario game I played was the first Galaxy. About to go pick this up. Apparently I get a gold coin with it or something too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MechaX posted:

I have been living under a rock so hard that the last 3D Mario I have played was 64. Somehow missed Sunshine and both Galaxy games. I primarily bought a switch for Xenoblade but I am honestly going to get this game so it can blow my mind.

I dunno about motion controls though.

You don't need to use them

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:cool:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There needs to be a giant bold flashing YOU CAN DISABLE AND/OR IGNORE MOTION CONTROLS in the OP or something

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kelp Plankton posted:

There needs to be a giant bold flashing YOU CAN DISABLE AND/OR IGNORE MOTION CONTROLS in the OP or something
I disabled them but I can't figure out how to throw Cappy upwards or use the Homing Throw without them - they only have instructions to do it via waggle. Is there a way? It hasn't mattered yet but I figure it might eventually.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So how far into the game does Mario end up in the Bloodborne world? I’m curious to see if this game ends up being the Dark Souls of Mario games.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kelp Plankton posted:

How do you do the advanced cappy moves without motion controls

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can't.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

How do you do the advanced cappy moves without motion controls

I don't think you need them for anything

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Andrast posted:

I don't think you need them for anything

They might be needed for speedruns but nothing in normal play requires them no

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Don't tell me I don't need them when the game keeps throwing coins in a perfect circle at me :sigh:

I just wanna spinnnnn

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Owers posted:

I also ran into a bug where I collected all the moon pieces in a puzzle room, but it still says I have one left to collect. Weird.

I felt like I just saw it wrong at the time, but there was still one more to collect after all the slots were filled then I got a moon.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't tell me I don't need them when the game keeps throwing coins in a perfect circle at me :sigh:

I just wanna spinnnnn

With the pro controller you can do a hat spin by violently shifting the controller to the left. It's a little distracting.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Without motion controls if you rotate the left stick in a circle immediately after you throw Cappy it'll do the spin throw. I can't do it regularly but it's there

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

you can lmao.

do to the spinning cap trick rotate the analog stick fast until mario is spinning and then throw the cap. the other ones like throwing upwards require mario to be looking at the object for a lockon, it happens alot.

also try setting motion control sensitivity to the highest.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lakbay posted:

Without motion controls if you rotate the left stick in a circle immediately after you throw Cappy it'll do the spin throw. I can't do it regularly but it's there

doing it before you throw it is way easier.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Man how amazing was the Donkey Kong level during the festival

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Man how amazing was the Donkey Kong level during the festival

It was donk

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I have to brag somewhere about the pro gamer skillz I just pulled off so here you go (this is a middlegame area but I don't really show any of it):
https://twitter.com/Amppelix/status/923927493916049408
That last hat throw there is me flailing my arms in disbelief that I made it

Vikar Jerome posted:

also try setting motion control sensitivity to the highest.

That does nothing (because that section of the settings only concerns camera control.) It'll affect your motion sensitivity when in first person aim mode.

It is really deceptive for some reason. Took me a while to notice.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nolgthorn posted:

It was donk

I was grinning throughout the whole thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amppelix posted:

I have to brag somewhere about the pro gamer skillz I just pulled off so here you go (this is a middlegame area but I don't really show any of it):
https://twitter.com/Amppelix/status/923927493916049408
That last hat throw there is me flailing my arms in disbelief that I made it

That does nothing (because that section of the settings only concerns camera control.) It'll affect your motion sensitivity when in first person aim mode.

It is really deceptive for some reason. Took me a while to notice.

Please NWSF your videos of Mario's nipples, thank you.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Took me about 9 hours to reach the credits. Now...the real game begins.

I bought 10 moons from one of the shops post-game, and can still buy more. Does that mean there are actually an infinite number of moons in the game, and only "moon locations" count for completion?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If you can see nipples from that stamp-sized video you have a better eye than I have, or a magical CSI enhance button

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Who are these people with thousands of points in the minigames like jump rope and volleyball

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frankston posted:

Who are these people with thousands of points in the minigames like jump rope and volleyball

Probably Treehouse testers

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Please NWSF your videos of Mario's nipples, thank you.

In this thread we like all parts of Mario. All parts.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
How are there 69 moons in the Desert area? I got 29 and though I was doing well

:(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

nice

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My roommate picked this up today. I haven't played a Mario game extensively since 64, so I tried this one out and it rules.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So how far into the game does Mario end up in the Bloodborne world? I’m curious to see if this game ends up being the Dark Souls of Mario games.
When you die you drop a few coins and if you make your way back to where you died your coins are still there for you to pick up.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Bad Seafood posted:

When you die you drop a few coins and if you make your way back to where you died your coins are still there for you to pick up.

Ah yes, this is truly the Dark Souls is Mario games.

• Locked thread