Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, don't want to take that as a smoking gun or nothing when it could just be a doc instead, or a withheld kill, or a BP ability, etc etc

but it will be a nice little tidbit of info to consider in the back of our heads.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah B- definitely looks practically cleared for me cause I don't see them as scum together. I don't see a lurking scum Mags as putting his scumbuddy in danger by voting for him when he'd almost definitely end up lynched within a day or two anyway, so based on that and his explanation I'm inclined to believe B-.

Unfortunately I don't know how much we can learn from that lynch. Like I'd like to take credit and be smug and poo poo about Mags being scum and leading the vote, but real talk is that any scumteam would have easily cut him loose and I expect there easily could have been some mad bussing.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Agreed on B- prob being who they said they were, and definitely interested in what they have to say.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote thranguy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Unfortunately I don't know how much we can learn from that lynch. Like I'd like to take credit and be smug and poo poo about Mags being scum and leading the vote, but real talk is that any scumteam would have easily cut him loose and I expect there easily could have been some mad bussing.

yeah I definitely wouldn't give any townie cred to anyone who wasn't super early on the Mr. F vote. But I don't think they'd have necessarily tried to bus Mr. F straight away while B- still looked like a real viable candidate.

Unless B- is also scum of course, but if that was the case I'd expect there to be more attempts to at least try and put forward somebody, anybody else. The only other person who seemed to get much of a focus yesterday was Thranguy though, and that seemed to die off pretty early without any real attempts to fight to keep him on the table. I'm feeling like B- was the main target for scum to push on yesterday. That makes me a bit suspicious of Thran and Grandi and Inf. Probst could be at the bottom of that list too I guess.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

eho shot me

Who loving tried to shoot me speak up

mother gently caress i will bury your rear end who tried to kil me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Thranguy posted:

Agreed on B- prob being who they said they were, and definitely interested in what they have to say.

I bet you are lol. Did you have a good night?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thranguy posted:

what makes you agree

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

b-minus1 posted:

I bet you are lol. Did you have a good night?

I was blocked tonight.

I'm a Tracker (with no other nonsense involved.)

First night I followed Asiima, who went nowhere. Second night I was trying to track inf and was blocked.

Came very close to claiming yesterday morning when I was at -2, but held off. Considered claiming during twilight to prevent this exact thing, but wasn't sure how kosher non-jokephase stuff in twilight was and also wasn't sure you wouldn't block me anyway and we'd just have given scum more info.

I didn't particularly expect anyone to believe me until I'm dead if this was what happened, was waiting for you to (more-or-less) declare that you blocked me before posting this in case there was another blocker about. But if Stone Cold is serious about having survived being shot, then, well, you know for sure that couldn't have possibly been me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

day one you are most suspicious of me and you make the decision to track...asiina?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm VT but also I said that early on in the masonry so if there's scum in there, they knew I wouldn't go anywhere.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Btw I blocked thran

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

I'm VT but also I said that early on in the masonry so if there's scum in there, they knew I wouldn't go anywhere.

Which makes it a really good fake claim.

I agree that b-1 is unlikely to be scum with the Mags flip, I'll have to reread at some point to recalibrate my reads. But I'd be down for a thran vote as of now.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

day one you are most suspicious of me and you make the decision to track...asiina?

I wasn't particularly suspicious of you until day 2, more of Inf and Grandicap. But I was trying to go further down the list to minimize the chance of duplicating Hal's effort, had he survived.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why would we have a cop that has a hate downside and a tracker with no downsides

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why would we have a cop that has a hate downside and a tracker with no downsides

B- also claims to have no weird quirks as a roleblocker. I still don't think we should read too much into that. For example, remember how Pod prefers to avoid basic Mafia staples like vigs and cops entirely? Making a hated cop just seems like a fun variant to try and nerf the role a bit. It might not be a sign of any larger trend. If we're gonna think about voting Thranguy despite his tracker claim, it should be because he's posting scummy and we believe he's had a good opportunity to fake it, not because "normal tracker = impossible with hated cop".

Now I wonder if Infinitum also claimed VT in the masonry... don't reveal that or anything, just consider that amongst yourselves in the masondoc.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So, more in the listen to me now and believe me later category, I'm thinking about the no kill, which has to have an explanation. Either someone else stopped it or bminus is scum and they did do a no kill night, and if it's the latter they're going to need to fake an explanation later. Which brings us to stone cold. If he's ever going to want to say that that post was a serious claim to be bulletproof or have been saved and know about a failed attack, he needs to do that clearly today, right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thranguy posted:

So, more in the listen to me now and believe me later category, I'm thinking about the no kill, which has to have an explanation. Either someone else stopped it or bminus is scum and they did do a no kill night, and if it's the latter they're going to need to fake an explanation later. Which brings us to stone cold. If he's ever going to want to say that that post was a serious claim to be bulletproof or have been saved and know about a failed attack, he needs to do that clearly today, right?

it was a fake bread crumb to see if scum would fake claim in a way they couldn't walk back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

last night also eliminates the possibility of a 3p serial killer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b-minus does not look clear in my eyes but if thran flips scum he looks better. mr f was a rolecop so knowing who to follow up with a scum-sided RB would be easier if they hit thran and thran is a tracker.

the only way to be sure is to ##vote thran

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wait gif did u or did u not get shot im a lil confused rn

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

wait gif did u or did u not get shot im a lil confused rn

i did not

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok cool

hello im three shot doctor. i targeted hal n1. my action was successful but hal died anyways. im imagining it was a strongman kill or whatever. thanks everyone for calling me an idiot when im
not dumb enough to not heal claimed cop n1.

on n2 i targeted asiina. my action was successful but i got no confirmation of the heal successfully stopping a kill or anything. i went for asiina because i felt like scum was gonna go for a low priority, pretty likely townie target that wouldnt create a lot of suspicision. idk if i did actually save her but i like to think i did to stroke my ego. of course it couldve been a withheld kill but i think that wouldve been dumb for town.

on the other hand theres the possibility they went for a strongman kill on hal and that strongman kill causes them to recharge and my ability did nothing. however i still feel like this information is useful and im almost out anyways that i dont want to die while knowing that the scum had some capacity to kill past my doc.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

ok cool

hello im three shot doctor. i targeted hal n1. my action was successful but hal died anyways. im imagining it was a strongman kill or whatever. thanks everyone for calling me an idiot when im
not dumb enough to not heal claimed cop n1.

on n2 i targeted asiina. my action was successful but i got no confirmation of the heal successfully stopping a kill or anything. i went for asiina because i felt like scum was gonna go for a low priority, pretty likely townie target that wouldnt create a lot of suspicision. idk if i did actually save her but i like to think i did to stroke my ego. of course it couldve been a withheld kill but i think that wouldve been dumb for scum.

on the other hand theres the possibility they went for a strongman kill on hal and that strongman kill causes them to recharge and my ability did nothing. however i still feel like this information is useful and im almost out anyways that i dont want to die while knowing that the scum had some capacity to kill past my doc.

mafs edit

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Thranguy (2): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, STONE COLD 64

Not Voting (10): apostateCourier, Asiina, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, flerp, Grandicap, Infinitum, Thranguy, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 28th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 15 hours.

http://www.vavatch.co.uk/books/banks/cultnote.htm

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Btw I blocked thran

good decision

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

eho shot me

Who loving tried to shoot me speak up

mother gently caress i will bury your rear end who tried to kil me

I had an irl dream about you doing another namechange and I got seriously mad in the dream. All that is to say I'd shoot you if I could

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I had an irl dream about you doing another namechange and I got seriously mad in the dream. All that is to say I'd shoot you if I could

mods

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Come on we’re all thinking it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

nah, I am instead thinking about what kinda hosed up dreams I'm gonna have after replaying DDLC tonight

also about whether I should bother caring about the tracker claim to not vote Thranguy

gonna sleep on that

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ilu flerp

It also makes me doubt the smoking gun of Thran being blocked with no kill therefore scum.

It could have been me, cause I was early on the Mr.F vote and maybe I would build some townie cred for that, but the strongman kill causing a recharge makes sense too.

I don't know how "eccogame" this still is, but that is an extremely eccogame thing to do. As in I've been on scum teams in eccogames with that exact mechanic.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

What’s a recharge

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Like they could do a normal NK every night or if they want to do a fancy strongman NK they have to give up any kind of kill the next night to recharge.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I don't mind letting thran ride a little bit.

Claimed trackers need to have results and reasoning, and if he's not scum he's the closest thing we have to a cop so they'll eliminate him.

Didn't Asiina soft-claim non-VT in thread (if masons have powers they should hide them from each other). If she claimed VT in the masonry and was the kill choice, maybe there isn't necessarily a scum in the masonry.

Else, maybe Asiina's ideas about who is scum hit a little too close to home. That's all WIFOM though if thran is scum and bminus blocked the kill, or as people are saying scum can jugg one night and recharge another night.

The thing that stands out the most is thran tossing out his tracker claim right away. What's the town motivation for that with only one vote? Maybe the best explanation is that he's new? The scum motivation would be to remove heat, even if there's only a little.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness. I think the best clue for today is mags' flip. Those who started pushing him early are probably town. Scum had a mislynch and successful NK under their belts, no reason to throw away a scumbro and push back LYLO.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm not sure what to make of Hal right now. He usually seems to lurk more, regardless of alignment. So I'm a bit thrown by this Hal that is making longer posts.

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I gotta agree with you here. This is weird for Opop to come in and say that but make no mention of the cop claim.

Opop is always a hard read for me early in the game.

TMMadman posted:

What do you think about gif bouncing around but continually ending up on thranguy?

I still just don't know what to make of Bif and I find it very difficult to get a read on her. I think that may be because I can only remember playing in a few games with her and either we were both on the same scum team or I was scum and she was town (I can't remember playing a game with her where I was town and she was scum, but it might have happened), so I've always known her alignment and now I don't know it's confusing me. The aggression from her is pretty alignment neutral but it has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth this game.

Inf is of course being Inf this game and that means he could be town or scum, but I don't think he's don't anything overly scummy so far, so I'm not inclined to vote him.

I'm going to have to look over Tobbs again at some point. I seem to recall him posting a bunch early but not so much recently.

A lot of people just aren't leaving an immediate impression on me yet. This game kind of started at a weird time for me, so I should be able to get into it more over the next week.

TMMadman posted:

I'm actually more inclined to for RF right now. The last post by Thranguy at least gives the impression that he will give thoughts in his posts and I'm not so sure we can count on Retro to do the same. I'd still vote thranguy to avoid a no lynch, but I think Opop is the better vote right now, so I'll go ahead and ##vote Retro

TMMadman posted:

The Grandicap vote is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I can understand not particularly liking soft claims, but I feel like Grandi should maybe have waited until hearing what Stone Cold has to say.

TMM being super cagey. "Hmmm, I dunno, I guess I'll vote this person." He throws shade on tons of players while making no hard alignment calls. He leaves the door open for him to say, "I was suspicious of so-and-so" or "See I wasn't sure they were scum".

TMMadman posted:

This post really bothers me.

First, I completely disagree about the four players he named.

Second, it seems a bit too confident in his belief that there must be scum in those four players. It feels like one of those scum posts where a scum gets hidden among a bunch of town names. Not to mention that the way it's phrased gives Tobbs the option to say 'Well it must be one of bif/grandi!' if neither of thrang or aC flip scum.

And finally the whole last part is almost entirely gratuitous. Plus it includes an 'I'm town' delaraction which feels out of place here.

Actually after writing it all out, I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Tobbs for it. It's that bad.

Here's his one hard alignment call, me being scum for making a list of players I thought might be scum. As the following posts demonstrated, his reasoning was very flawed yet he stood strong by his vote.

TMM is the scum. ##vote TMM

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I would request ppl look at grandicap. D1 nobody voted for him except for hal, D2 nobody voted for him except for me. however I feel like several people other than me have mentioned suspicions of him. pls review

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I would request ppl look at grandicap. D1 nobody voted for him except for hal, D2 nobody voted for him except for me. however I feel like several people other than me have mentioned suspicions of him. pls review

He's town.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

With the no kill and our known role basically confirming my block, I could either lie and claim to be vanilla, or lurk until a completely inevitable -2 or -1, in both cases risking a rush and lynch before getting my result out. (Esp since I didn't claim at -2 before) Claiming right away is the better choice.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

oh ok great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hth

• Locked thread