Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"only when we're done having sex" was inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Gobbeldygook posted:

They initially put real needles in Chidi's face :stare: but ended up using prosthetics instead.

Michael's distracted "yeah, sure, needles, whatever" was great. :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

I think I've only seen him in Brooklyn Nine-Nine previously, and I think if I saw a lot of him I'd really start to hate him. But as long as he doesn't stick around too long it'll be fine.

Yea for me it's this. He's fine in small doses.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Zouks main casting is as a scummy dirtbag. He just happens to play it so well.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I really want to know what explanation Vicki came up with for stabbing Chidi with needles while keeping up the Good Place act.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

- "Janet's made a lot of talk-talk into my ear-holes..." I hate this guy already.

Yeah. I don't know anything about the actor, but I hope the writers dial down the quirkiness a bit.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I really want to know what explanation Vicki came up with for stabbing Chidi with needles while keeping up the Good Place act.

Acupuncture.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Pretty much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVtBmEyIp8

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Probably didn't even do the obvious thing and make Jason put the needles into Chidi by claiming Jianyu was some kind of master at acupuncture. Frickin' millennials...

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I enjoyed the use of the sound effect from Lost during Michael's flashbacks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also missed opportunity with "The reason is.... FRIENDS!" to have Michael reference his love (or maybe hatewatch) of Friends.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bottle episode featuring the two best actors on the show? Sold.

That was fuckin' great.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Good Place Season 2: I'm broken! =D

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

CPColin posted:

I enjoyed the use of the sound effect from Lost during Michael's flashbacks.

They use so many Lost references, I love it. The major one is the focus on eyes opening going into and out of flashbacks.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I wonder how many people who hate Jason Mantzoukas watched The League, where he went from occasional guest star to omnipresent over a few years.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pope Guilty posted:

I wonder how many people who hate Jason Mantzoukas watched The League, where he went from occasional guest star to omnipresent over a few years.

*raises hand*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jason Mantzoukas can totally work and he was great here. But sometimes man he really really doesn't work.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Pope Guilty posted:

Honestly, that's when the oversaturation for the Zouks started for me. I like his occasional guest spots but the guy plays the exact same character in every show and a little bit goes a long way.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I haven't seen The League, but In Parks & Rec he plays a smug entrepreneur, in B99 he plays an intensely aggressive loose cannon, and in Good Place he's playing a giddy babyman to whom everything is new and a delight. I don't really think they're the same or that he plays them the same.

But really, it's a Mike Schur show and people that Mike Schur likes to work with regularly are going to show up and that's fine.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 28, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

I haven't seen The League, but In Parks & Rec he plays a smug entrepreneur, in B99 he plays an intensely aggressive loose cannon, and in Good Place he's playing a giddy babyman to whom everything is new and a delight. I don't really think they're the same or that he plays them the same.

They're all virtually identical performanes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
More Jason. Make Jason the star of the show. The Zouks Place.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

GobiasIndustries posted:

You would make a great Bad Place architect.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm watching this week's episode for the fifth time. :allears:

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Supercar Gautier posted:

But really, it's a Mike Schur show and people that Mike Schur likes to work with regularly are going to show up and that's fine.

His character on the League is a prime example of someone wearing out their welcome but I might be the wrong person to judge because aside from Paul Scheer, Nick Kroll and sometimes Jon Lajoie I was never that impressed with anyone or anything about the League.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The League was a trash show and Rafi was worn out because literally none of the rest of it was funny so they leaned in on him too much.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I agree, we need to explore his dance crew more.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Jason and Derek are going to get along great, aren't they?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He's going to start a new dance crew with him, and they'll win their way out of the Bad Place through a dance off.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
He's the perfect Bud Hole companion. Which means not only will Jason have rejected Janet, but he'll have stolen Janet's new beau.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wonder when Michael will realize he accidentally created God.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Finally watched the latest episode.

Michael asks Janet to change all of the pudding places to frozen yogurt places, and she does.

You all realize what this means, right?

Janet's been the one coming up with the food puns all along.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Boyz in the Pudd
I Thought I Saw a Puddin’ Vat
A Few Pudd Men
Puddington Bear
Panna Cotta da Vida
Custard’s Last Flan

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mostly know Jason from his podcast appearances so I was very excited when he showed up.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

pwn posted:

Panna Cotta da Vida

I would order this.

Wouldn't even read the description.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cool, I am getting my existential Twin Peaks fix about tulpas from an NBC comedy now

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
The restaurant I went to last night had a Return of the Mac and Cheese burger

So of course I ordered it

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

BlueBayou posted:

The restaurant I went to last night had a Return of the Mac and Cheese burger

So of course I ordered it

Friend, the bobs burgers thread is over there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jason M is amazing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Davros1 posted:

Jason M is amazing

At making me stop watching shows maybe

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
He's easily the worst Jason on the show

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
But he's perfect as Janet's deranged proto-human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pope Guilty posted:

I honestly had no idea who this guy even was until last week.

• Locked thread