Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

"I've made a huge mistake"

https://i.imgur.com/G3VxNas.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Aw man... had to work this morning and miss the big Intel shill-a-thon.

Seems I'm in time for Space Turtles though! Space Turtles! Space! Turtles! Turtles! In Space!

Turtles!

In!

Spaaacccccccceeeeeeee..........

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is too loving boring to even mock.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Google translate.

Good god.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

What's next? space NEETS?

They better be playable characters, since half that auditorium fits the definition of "space NEET".

The beast is in his parent's house.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dark Off posted:

the children is smelling the butt of the pet, whatever that is

Not the MoMA! Not the MoMA!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wonder how many times this linguist had to scrap his language because Roberts didn't think the characters had enough fidelity

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

THE gently caress? I did start working early to get to watch this poo poo. BOOOOOOOOORING

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
again, every single member of the audience they catch on camera looks like they should have a police file under names like "the massachusetts virgin ripper" or "the boston blood drinker"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sitting across a table from Chris Roberts and he tells you to make it sound like someone was speaking Asian but if they were a turtle.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Seriously though, this is boring as all gently caress. Going back to troubleshooting Excel OLEDB fuckary is more appealing. Can you imagine travelling all the way to Germany for this? You're in Germany! Go eat and drink some awesome food and beer, and tell Crobbits to shove his SSD up his arse.

Zakutambah fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 27, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Dusty Lens posted:

Sitting across a table from Chris Roberts and he tells you to make it sound like someone was speaking Asian but if they were a turtle.

So they gently caress turtles to get in character?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

At this point Astrotit has better lore and clearer gameplay.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Erenthal posted:

i mean all props due to the linguist guy

he seems like a cool dude that's good at what he does, and if i could get paid big bucks for indulging in my nerd hobby i would leap at the chance

but someone authorized money going into this

For sure but I mean would you want something like this to pop up when an employer googles your name ?

Repeat after me: "My videogame developer is rich."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tonight I dine on huckster soup.

Shillsters in a half-shell!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
im the language parkour.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Called it.

Don't be too jealous someone * actually * called it dsmart

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Is the goon discord better than the thread? or pointless to tune in?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Lazy mashup of Chinese and Japanese :wow:

Guess it's good he's not putting too much effort into the languages since they're for a game that will never exist.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

Lazy mashup of Chinese and Japanese :wow:

That's too much effort. It's actually 90% Korean.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's nothing close to a game, but it does actually look like they got an alien language.

What amount was that stretch goal? I seem to remember it was over $50M.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Well I didn't get banned for throwing Chinese insults in chat yet. They must not speak Xi'an well.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is too loving boring to even mock.

I legitimately can't watch any more of this. I'm going to organize my garage. All the goons who have the fortitude to watch this whole thing have my respect (and sympathy).

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

UEE = Space Rome
Vanduul = Cat/Lizard Vandals
Banu = India/Arab tree people
Tevarin = Japanese Ronin bird people
Xi'an = Chinese/Soviet turtle people
Kr'thak = TBD Mongols

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

'The amazing pupil to planet video'

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Why would you even tune in before the lolnote address

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

I legitimately can't watch any more of this. I'm going to organize my garage. All the goons who have the fortitude to watch this whole thing have my respect (and sympathy).

Look at this quitter

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

i'm staying to the end, the eternators are just about to kick in

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I feel bad for the techies who were rolled out of bed and told to spend an hour talking about layers.

Gonna guess that most people who have a fire burning in their hearts for telling drivers how to do the thing aren't also yearning to engage in the joys of public speaking via very slowly describing how shadows work to an indifferent crowd of people without technical backgrounds.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

At work for next 6 hours.
It's the only thing keeping me sane to be honest.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MilesK posted:

UEE = Space Rome
Vanduul = Cat/Lizard Vandals
Banu = India/Arab tree people
Tevarin = Japanese Ronin bird people
Xi'an = Chinese/Soviet turtle people
Kr'thak = TBD Mongols

Street Fighter has less stereotypes. The freaking joke races in star control have less stereotypes.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Itchy cow your mamma.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/27/16554132/star-citizen-free-with-intel-ssd-exclusive-ship-raven

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Lando asking why anyone gives a poo poo about Chinese Xi'an. Are we still thinking he's laughing with us as a goon?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Nebiros posted:

Lando asking why anyone gives a poo poo about Chinese Xi'an. Are we still thinking he's laughing with us as a goon?

Pretty sure he's just happy he's not installing swimming pools while it's 100 degrees outside in SoCal.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So the plan is to bore people with tech stuff and to pass off fake made up lore as progress? And then to sell a harddrive by packaging it with free Star Citizen and a ship?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Daztek posted:

Look at this quitter

filthy leaver

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hot balls man no homo posted:

So the plan is to bore people with tech stuff and to pass off fake made up lore as progress? And then to sell a harddrive by packaging it with free Star Citizen and a ship?

Plans? In something related to SC? this is the equivalent of stream-of-consciousness talk, but in conference form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

C U in the verse commando