Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Bumper Stickup posted:

Do you get an achievement for leaving?
Yeah, it's called Miramax Employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Objective: Infiltrate Reichsmarschall Weinstein’s command bunker.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Safe to say xboner crew is RIP and I need to get my PS4 updated?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

faantastic posted:

Yep.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

faantastic posted:

The only people that still played on Xbox when I left last year were complete and utter douchebags and I do not miss them at all.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

bear is driving! posted:

The only people that still played on Xbox when I left last year were complete and utter douchebags and I do not miss them at all.

Ya but you get angry a lot. Either way I'll be gittin on dat PS4 acshun. Hopefully it's more active than MW4R was. :(

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm even tempted to get this on PC to play with a old MW2 crew friend. Had a great time during the beta despite the obvious cheating issues (which they've said they will fix since anti-cheat wasn't properly implemented, but we'll fucken see)

I hope zombies has actual real progression this time around. I enjoyed IW's zombies more than bo3's but I still wish they had that same perk system from Ghost. Apparently WW2 will have that.

bear is driving! posted:

Now you'll move from playing with douches to playing with angry canadians.

Whether that's an upgrade or not is up to you :haw:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bob how can you say you enjoyed zombies while also never playing zombies with me.

faantastic posted:

Ya but you get angry a lot. Either way I'll be gittin on dat PS4 acshun. Hopefully it's more active than MW4R was. :(

You got nothing on our resident Canadian ball of hate.

Semi-related but the new IW zombies boss fight opens today if anyone wants to do some zombies tonight. We can practice the boss then I can carry through the EE.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 20, 2017

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Brook has a controller now. Depending on the cost, I might get this instead of an Xbone controller adapter.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I've decided to be the change I want to see in the world;

CALL OF DUTY 14 ROLL CALL

RESULTS

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
As Destiny 2 pvp is wholly not what I wanted it to be, I am in need of another AAA fps game. While I could just stick with IW/TF2/get back in to Siege, I have an innate need to always be on the new poo poo. So I will almost assuredly be getting this game at launch.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the only new AAA game I was really looking forward to was SoW but paying $60 for what is ultimately a single-player experience seems silly when I can probably get a GOTY/Gold edition down the road for a fraction of the price.

just checked and Amazon still does discounts for prime members so I guess I'll drop in for $48

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Get Best Buy’s game club. 20% off all games, all the time. No exclusions.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Isn't there a membership fee? tbqh I don't buy enough new games to justify the cost, especially with how much value I've been getting out of the PSN free games over the last two years. If it wasn't for me picking up a copy of MGSV for $20 a few months back I've almost exclusively played the free titles since IW. Plus I'm not really trying to give my money to BB anyway.

I'm kinda glad there's no in-game timer for BoI because jfc I've spend so much time playing that game and listening to podcasts :/

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Thank you very much for doing this day day, answered the survey.

I was very negative prior to the beta but the betas (pc from the start, last week for console) have changed my mind and I'm enjoying not dying instantly. Being able to react to gunfire is a big deal and I'm really into ww2 shooters as a whole.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only good game coming out soon is for the Switch, friends.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i neglected to make the ABC question a required one but appreciate the effort that Javes took to deselect the default answer of "Yes, Always"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I answered but I honestly dunno if I'll get it or not. I wanna play but I don't wanna play enough to spend money on it. Between psn free games, ARK, Binding of Isaac, Overwatch, Shadow of Mordor, South Park, and Eternal I haven't had time for anything else.

Side note: Eternal is super good and scratches that Magic the Gathering itch I can't get in real life/online.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

drat, 80gb of space needed for this game.

https://charlieintel.com/2017/10/23/call-duty-wwii-will-require-minimum-80gb-space-ps4/

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
One more week fellas, I'm very excited. Having Destiny 2 (pc), Wolfenstein 2 and this to play I'm in FPS nirvana.

Also you guys need to check out the hatchet kills in Wolfenstein 2, they're bloody amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys Mario Odyssey is the real loving deal. GOTY all years.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yeah, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo good

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Had to book a ticket to fly back to the East Coast for launch weekend so unfortunately I won't be able to play w/ y'all until Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZA72WJL0Gw

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Had to book a ticket to fly back to the East Coast for launch weekend so unfortunately I won't be able to play w/ y'all until Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZA72WJL0Gw

I'll join you Tuesday. Due to lovely shift work I have Tuesday and Wednesday off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Truth. The game is so easy to figure out, my 6yo nephew is already on the fourth stage (he picked the woods).

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Wolfenstein The New Colossus begins by mowing down nazis as you wheel yourself around in a wheel chair.

There's no reason to play COD:WW2's sexual harassament simulator singleplayer component.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

There's no reason to play COD:WW2

Could have stopped there.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Apparently they took out the sexual assault in all versions of the game, not just the Australian version, and that has all of the 12 year old edgelords up in arms.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Okay I got this preordered but I’ll prob won’t get until the 7th.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Lucky. I won't get mine until the 9th or 10th for whatever reason. Thanks, Amazon :|

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I rewatched Wazzit's red dead video of the make a wish foundation for bears the other day and I realized how much I miss playing with you turds. Not enough to warrant buying this though. Hell I don't even know if we have the same console anymore.

That's my story. Have fun.

This is Draven, by the way.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You don’t have a PS4 anymore?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I do, I just don't know how many of the old 360 crew went to the xbone

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

swordfish duelist posted:

I think most went PS4. at least all the COD4 guys I played with did.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Most of the 360 goons are on PS4 now. The ones that went to Xbone have been playing other games.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Javes posted:

Apparently they took out the sexual assault in all versions of the game, not just the Australian version, and that has all of the 12 year old edgelords up in arms.

smart of them, it's in pretty poor taste for CoD. Wolfenstein I could maybe expect to handle it tastefully, but even then I'd be leery and I'd only give them the benefit of the doubt because MachineGames are really loving good writers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

smart of them, it's in pretty poor taste for CoD. Wolfenstein I could maybe expect to handle it tastefully, but even then I'd be leery and I'd only give them the benefit of the doubt because MachineGames are really loving good writers.

maybe. but i think that kinda stuff (look at this sexual assulte/rape, press x or gently caress off) is something machine game doesnt do, Cod is known for "shock moments" because. wolfenstein new order and new colossus(i am about half way through) have shock moments, but they are well done and in service to the story and they rarely feel exploitative. this would have been, press X to knife nazi in throat. i'll still buy on sale/rent for the campaign. shooting nazis is always fun. that being said, i liked infinte warfare campaign alot and thought it was genuinely good for a military shooter.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 28, 2017

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

I rewatched Wazzit's red dead video of the make a wish foundation for bears the other day and I realized how much I miss playing with you turds. Not enough to warrant buying this though. Hell I don't even know if we have the same console anymore.

That's my story. Have fun.

This is Draven, by the way.

I still watch these from time to time. Those were fun times. :smith: If anything we should all get together and play RDR2.

I also finished out the video series with the 4th video a few years back, with credits and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9FXT6WYMp8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMF3TfHIDpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Em4JJcBVVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwLhDGDUkXE

The wagon shenanigans we got into was my favorite part. :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/ODJ1L6F.gifv

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I was proud to be a part of that series. We worked our damned asses off to get that bear to black water.

I'm totally down for RDR2 shenanigans. Hell I might pick up cod ww2 (doubt it). Who knows.

My PSN is DravenRaziel though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Essentially all of them. I was the lone man that stuck it out on Xbone through IW, everyone else went to PS4 for IW or before.

• Locked thread