Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thranguy posted:

With the no kill and our known role basically confirming my block

how does that confirm anything? your role was tracker, how would blocking you result in no kill

unless you're scum and were blocked from your nk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

how does that confirm anything? your role was tracker, how would blocking you result in no kill

unless you're scum and were blocked from your nk

Huh?

I'm saying that the declared block plus no kill was practically an investigative result, and that I should respond to that up front.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Thranguy posted:

Huh?

I'm saying that the declared block plus no kill was practically an investigative result, and that I should respond to that up front.

Except this is a closed setup so we have no idea what's capable of preventing a kill or not.

Is it suggestive? Sure, but it's not a cop result. Also apparently bminus can't tell if his target took an action or not.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
btw theres nothing special about my rb role. only that i cant block the same person during consecutive nights, which seems pretty standard to me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs I love your case on TMM, would vote him instead of Thran. In fact, let's do that.

##vote TMM

This assurance that Grandi is town though, not so much.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i have kind of a restriction w/ charges (which was part of why i readily believed hal's hate cop)

itd be kind of rude if they was a recharging strongman kill in a game where theres a limited doc but i still think theres a high likelihood of that being the case

i also think it makes sense for the "weaker" power roles to be unrestricted so i believe that there are vanilla power roles w/o restrictions

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Could also be a one shot strongman and you guessing right last night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Tobbs I love your case on TMM, would vote him instead of Thran. In fact, let's do that.

##vote TMM

This assurance that Grandi is town though, not so much.

I figured people might hate me for it, but I am always prepared to back up my claims if necessary.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I will likely be off the forums until Saturday evening but will be back before deadline whilst watching the dodgers kick rear end

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I will likely be off the forums until Saturday evening but will be back before deadline whilst watching the dodgers kick rear end

after wednesday i just dont know anymore

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote tobbs

I am a mason watcher mason. I can only watch someone from my masonry.

N1 I saw thrang visit a.c..
N2 I saw flerp visit Asiina, but I also saw Tobbs.

I believe Tobbs tried to kill Asiina and flerp saved her.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm sorry I haven't really been playing this game. I was hoping it would distract me from some other issues but that hasn't happened and I just end up fretting over the issues while ignoring this game.

And that isn't fair to you other players or to Max. You can lynch me if you'd like, but I'm kind of hoping that getting a scum Tobbs dunked today will get me murdered tonight.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

doesn't the first one raise any alarm bells too?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Thranguy posted:

First night I followed Asiima, who went nowhere. Second night I was trying to track inf and was blocked.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

N1: role blocked apostate courier. Was told that that my action was successful.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
um what

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, sorry I didn't go back to check the first PM until now. It was b-minus visiting aC n1.

Either way it wasn't something I was overly concerned about because someone died N1 and it wasn't aC.

The important part is that I saw Tobbs and flerp both visit Asiina N2 and nobody died. And then when I saw that flerp was the doctor I put 2+2 together.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, sorry I didn't go back to check the first PM until now. It was b-minus visiting aC n1.

Either way it wasn't something I was overly concerned about because someone died N1 and it wasn't aC.

how do you mix that up though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote tmm

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

##vote tobbs

I believe Tobbs tried to kill Asiina and flerp saved her.

Lol a lie.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Guess it's worthwhile to claim and prove it.

I was a universal backup, I inherited the first flipped town power role.

I'm now hated x1 because I copped Grandicap who is town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

how do you mix that up though

Because I'm not really in the right mindset to play. I thought that was pretty obvious. I've barely posted (even less than I do when I'm actually scum) and I'm just not invested in the game at this point. I've admitted that it sucks and I apologize for it, so there's nothing else I can really do except give you the information I have available to me. I'm sorry that I used the wrong name, but N1 isn't the important part. It's N2 that concerned me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Guess it's worthwhile to claim and prove it.

I was a universal backup, I inherited the first flipped town power role.

I'm now hated x1 because I copped Grandicap who is town.

Liar Lair pants on fire.

It sure is easy to make town calls when you know who is town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

surprise surprise everyone is vanilla again

typical Max bastard setup

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Confirming N2/D3 cop/doc backup

If you played Max's backup bastard setup then these breadcrumbs make sense.

Also my soft claim today:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I figured people might hate me for it, but I am always prepared to back up my claims if necessary.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

Because I'm not really in the right mindset to play. I thought that was pretty obvious. I've barely posted (even less than I do when I'm actually scum) and I'm just not invested in the game at this point. I've admitted that it sucks and I apologize for it, so there's nothing else I can really do except give you the information I have available to me. I'm sorry that I used the wrong name, but N1 isn't the important part. It's N2 that concerned me.

If you're telling the truth now, the D1 results themselves wouldn't be as important, yeah.

But I'd expect that result to have stuck in your head a little better, seeing as B- was the other major lunch candidate yesterday, and a big deal was made about his claiming to be a roleblocker, who claimed to visit AC on N1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Anywho if you do decide to believe TMM who is lying scum it will take one less vote to hammer me.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I'm starting to suspect opop was actually a death godfather at this point. Not that that does us any good without knowing how many scum there were against all these town roles.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

looks like someone didn't read the Everdunes journal!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thranguy posted:

I'm starting to suspect opop was actually a death godfather at this point. Not that that does us any good without knowing how many scum there were against all these town roles.

dude with the question marks.jpg

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Look at this lovely was vote. Tobbs and Stone Cold, scum together.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

If you're telling the truth now, the D1 results themselves wouldn't be as important, yeah.

But I'd expect that result to have stuck in your head a little better, seeing as B- was the other major lunch candidate yesterday, and a big deal was made about his claiming to be a roleblocker, who claimed to visit AC on N1.

Why would anything be stuck in my head aside from the real life stuff that's been bothering me?

I was hoping that playing the game would get something else stuck in my head, but it hasn't and so nothing in it is really sticking with me 5 or 10 minutes after I read it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Look at this lovely was vote. Tobbs and Stone Cold, scum together.
i will vote tobbs if that gains traction, you or him being lunched gives us information while retaining a claimed tracker and claimed doctor and claimed roleblocker.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

dude with the question marks.jpg

I believe he's just described a...reverse death miller.

Which if that's true, that's amazing that a new person in his second game came up with that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i will vote tobbs if that gains traction, you or him being lunched gives us information while retaining a claimed tracker and claimed doctor and claimed roleblocker.

And kill either a claimed cop or limited watcher.

Your name should be STONE COLD SCUM.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I'm dead tonight regardless.

I suppose if I get lynched and you see my backup/meatfucker flip it will be pretty telling.

1. TMM screwed up his fake action for N1.
2. As I pointed out with my case, he's been cagey and unwilling to throw down hard opinions all game.
3. I called out Mr. F! for his scummy bandwagon vote and helped him get lynched.
4. I breadcrumbed being backup multiple times.
5. I soft-claimed the hate stack and being a backup, as well as my grandi cop result before TMM came in with his fake claim.
6. TMM only claimed to have watched Asiina after flerp said they doc'd her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Ok

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Thranguy posted:

i dont even

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the fabled reverse death miller

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

That's stupid.

Either I got redirected to Asiina (we have no indication this happened) or one of us is lying.

One of us is almost certainly lying scum, and lynching neither of us would be a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Tobbs breadcrumbs are pretty good, but I'm still inclined to believe Madman since what incentive would he have to make this up? Tobbs flips town and the Madman is lynched for lying when they're already down a person. If this was LYLO then sure, but it's not. More than breadcrumbs or saying the wrong person N1 that's really what's making the difference for me. Madman wasn't under a huge amount of heat or anything, so I just don't see a reason to fake this that's beneficial for him.

Madman said in the masonry during N1 that he had no official action and was going to submit something for funsies to maybe get some flavour, but also if he thought there was scum in the masonry it's not hard to see why he'd lie about that.

##vote Tobbs

• Locked thread