Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Frankston posted:

Well I just found the only outfit I'll be wearing for the rest of forever (post-ending spoilers)

(Pics)

Couldn’t resist clickin this spoiler and holy moley

Is that whole area explorable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Zore posted:

What are everyones favorite dumb costumes so far?

Im a huge fan of the caveman and pirate ones. Caveman hat+Pirate body is great.

The Science outfit is pretty alright. My 4 year old makes me play in Mario's boxers though :ohdear:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

After finishing, I'm starting to use handheld and it's a shame how Mario gets softened.

The whole scene is sub-native, I'm guessing, but Mario seems to have extra LOD cutoff on his costume textures or something.

Anyway,

I've never been prouder of myself :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 28, 2017

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The music In the forest level is so good I’ve been whistling it all day

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think I uncovered some uh, lore

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/924172067494334464

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That Mario has testicles? You're a bit late.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hold very still. His vision is based on m'ladies.

https://twitter.com/kinsie/status/923879884069396480

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Sick game but the motion controls are rear end. Need to be patched asap.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
New Donk City is more of what I wanted out of Sonic Unleashed in a single level than all of Unleashed gave me.

Now that he can spindash, Mario is a better Modern Sonic than Sonic.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
The fact I can play pretty princess dressup with Mario makes this game 10/10

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there a way, or will there be a way, to change the time of day in places that we've seen at different times, like New Donk City? I need this for picture-taking purposes.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

African AIDS cum posted:

Sick game but the motion controls are rear end. Need to be patched asap.

Eh, motion controls are fine. Especially compared to the trainwreck that are the Bullet Bill controls. Holy poo poo...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Argue posted:

Is there a way, or will there be a way, to change the time of day in places that we've seen at different times, like New Donk City? I need this for picture-taking purposes.

Post game: Mushroom Kingdom lets you play New Donk in the dark again, but just in a variant of the mecha-wiggler boss battle

Not sure about anything else.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I can't for the life of me do these loving advanced picture match up things. I always get 67 points.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Q_res posted:

Especially compared to the trainwreck that are the Bullet Bill controls. Holy poo poo...

Wait, what's wrong with the bullet bill controls?

Are you maybe trying to control it like a car (i.e. pressing left turns left slowly)? That's not how you're supposed to do it, it just goes in the direction where you point your stick. I've never had a problem with it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just found a thing in the game that I really don’t even want to put in spoiler tags because of how much it surprised me

There’s a portrait in the food world that shows you a world before you get there

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just found a thing in the game that I really don’t even want to put in spoiler tags because of how much it surprised me

There’s a portrait in the food world that shows you a world before you get there

E: Wait I misunderstood the post. Yeah, that was a surprise.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I was extremely shook when i found that exact thing. Like I couldn't believe my eyes for a second or something. I feel like games don't usually affect me very strongly so nostalgia must be a hell of a thing.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

god bless the developer that put the fish eye filter in this most blessed game

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Amppelix posted:

I was extremely shook when i found that exact thing. Like I couldn't believe my eyes for a second or something. I feel like games don't usually affect me very strongly so nostalgia must be a hell of a thing.

i got mad because i jumped down a chimney expecting to find secrets but only found my rear end on fire

I finished the story (initial story? who knows~) tonight at around 197 stars. Now that I've got access to everything (for now???) I'm going to take my time stacking them lunar rocks

The ending (first ending???) was pretty cool

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Man, I dunno if I wanna finish this game. As soon as I complete the main quest of these kinds of games, I find myself never coming back - beating the final boss and seeing the credits is the "okay, you're done now" sign for me, so I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again. :(

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They are very resistant to being jumped on and you can actually spring yourself super-fast on their heads, so it's the opposite of how yo're thinking.

Example of this happening:

https://clips.twitch.tv/WrongColdbloodedWalrusOptimizePrime

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Cappy universe-shifts Mario into the bodies of it's victims. but Mario is the biggest victim. Were Cappy and Mario to ever have a falling out, Mario would be at Cappy's mercy.

Freaky alien hat thing. Get out of my nightmares!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Man, I dunno if I wanna finish this game. As soon as I complete the main quest of these kinds of games, I find myself never coming back - beating the final boss and seeing the credits is the "okay, you're done now" sign for me, so I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again. :(

As soon as you see where the game dumps you after the 'ending', there's no way you'll quit.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Teenage Fansub posted:

As soon as you see where the game dumps you after the 'ending', there's no way you'll quit.

Given the hints dropped in this thread, I'm guessing it's the Mushroom Kingdom? If it doesn't unlock until then, guess I'll still be playing the game v:v:v

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Post game: Mushroom Kingdom lets you play New Donk in the dark again, but just in a variant of the mecha-wiggler boss battle

Not sure about anything else.

There's a taxi you can capture that takes you to the other version.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Night Time New Donk City with Cartoon Filter owns because now I can realize my dream of Super Noirio.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyone got all the moons yet? wondering if we get a similar "you have too much time on your hands" botw type prize or something even better.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Any tips on how to do the technique where you can endlessly jump on the hat across large gaps?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

I can finally experience rear end in a top hat drivers in a Mario game, thank god.

Loving the game so far and agree on the motion control stuff, but I just noticed that if you ground pound and then use the hat, it'll be the downward throw. Not sure about the upward one, but I'm pretty sure I've used it accidentally at some point.

Can you not bounce on the hat twice in the air? I've tried to do tricks but it always ends after my second dive (he won't bounce on the hat).

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Momomo posted:

Can you not bounce on the hat twice in the air? I've tried to do tricks but it always ends after my second dive (he won't bounce on the hat).

Nope. You can't bounce on it after any kind of extra jump, like popping out of a capture, or even a wall jump.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Seems like I am locked out of some techniques by not detaching the joycons, but other than that this game is great. Just got to the city. Looking forward to tracking down all the moons at some point.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
But you can do stuff like this :staredog:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/799fc3/when_nintendo_already_knows_that_people_will_try/?st=J9BF01WM&sh=4e19a4c3

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Are games art yet???

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If they aren't they are now

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god the zipper floor with all the tiny goombas. mario you are ice fuckin cold.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It's weird that (post game spoiler) the moons unlocked by the cubes show up on the map instantly, especially since the "void" levels connected to the cubes feel harder than the normal ones. Strange that they just hand you all locations on a platter instead of using the same optional 50 coin Toad reveal.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Question. In the first area do you get anything for lighting all the lamps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Vikar Jerome posted:

anyone got all the moons yet? wondering if we get a similar "you have too much time on your hands" botw type prize or something even better.

You get a golden sail on the odyssey and a harder version of the final boss to fight. Same ending though.

• Locked thread