Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm a few hours in and holy poo poo this game is amazing but I think it makes my Switch run even hotter than BotW did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I didn't get to play much yesterday, but today that has changed. My report after uncovering moons in every nook and cranny of the first couple locations and highly expecting there to be even more is that this game is good, good, good. I love it. Check for secrets 115% of the time because 11/10 times there will be a secret. That's all.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My 8bit Mario amiibo gives me star power, toad gives coins.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I both hate and love the zombie mummy guys

They have fantastic designs but for some reason I just cannot jump on them to save my life and cappy doesn't really stun them all that long.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I both hate and love the zombie mummy guys

They have fantastic designs but for some reason I just cannot jump on them to save my life and cappy doesn't really stun them all that long.

that one moon where you have to blast an army of them with the coin purse Was really satisfying.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
This bullet bill maze is loving awful. The controls seemingly change mid-air and I just can't get it to play like it expect it should.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Just a yes or no question: can you 100% the zones (purple coins and moons) before beating the story?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Secx posted:

Just a yes or no question: can you 100% the zones (purple coins and moons) before beating the story?

No.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dat
Fukken
Climax
So glad nobody spoiled it this is why you don’t spoil Mario games even if they don’t really have a story

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bullet bill tip - it changes direction according to the screen, not the direction it's facing. So push towards the direction you want to go on screen. It's totally counter-intuitive.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Apparently I'm missing a moon in the middle of the Undergound Temple in Sand Kingdom, but the game keep starting me at the end and I can't get back to the start.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nate RFB posted:

Apparently I'm missing a moon in the middle of the Undergound Temple in Sand Kingdom, but the game keep starting me at the end and I can't get back to the start.

there's two holes you can drop into.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Violen posted:

Finally got the means to play this. I don't wanna step on any toes in here, but Super Mario Odyssey is, in fact, a good video game.

Can someone expand on a few spoilery points for me if they're far enough in to know the answers? This creeps into post-game content so don't click if you don't wanna hear any details on any of that.

1. Do the digital cube things in early levels actually increase the in-map moon list total or not?
2. Do they just physically place more moons on the map, or do they sometimes generate means of procuring currently visible moons you can't reach without whatever in-level elements the cubes unlock?
3. Are the only two triggers for changing up the state of a level beating its mandatory set of moons, and then beating the game?

I'm the weirdo that likes spelunking every inch of a stage my first time through it until I find everything there is to find, so I don't wanna drive myself insane if you can't actually get the full count of moons that show up in the moon list you start with your first time into a level. I don't mind spoiling myself on QOL details like this or what the cubes do, but I'm really trying to avoid any specific moon locations or secrets in levels and that kinda junk. I have one moon staring me in the face two levels deep that I can actively see but am completely beside myself on reaching, and I don't wanna spoil how to get it but I also don't wanna dance around like a yutz for an hour if it's just something I have to pass on until later.

For anyone who cares about any of this, I just found out the Hint Toad just outright says when you can't get anything else in a level at a given point in time when you waltz by him. Which is sweet.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Violen posted:

For anyone who cares about any of this, I just found out the Hint Toad just outright says when you can't get anything else in a level at a given point in time when you waltz by him. Which is sweet.

Talkatoo will do the same.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Went back a few pages and didn't see this mentioned yet: this game is good

(the 2D Donkey Kong section is my favorite thing so far)

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

GOTY

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Where can I find (ENDGAME SPOILERS loving AWFUL TO GET SPOILED DO NOT HOVER OVER) the name of the song played at the end there? It was so good

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Spoilerish, a little bit? I just like how they turned out.

Got a bit artsy with this one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calaveron posted:

Where can I find (ENDGAME SPOILERS loving AWFUL TO GET SPOILED DO NOT HOVER OVER) the name of the song played at the end there? It was so good

There is no official name yet, but someone who was trying to transcribe the lyrics on GameFAQs suggested Fireworks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just beat the game and the credits are rolling, I can't wait for the post-game content. This game is wonderful.

Also, when I got knocked into Yoshi's Island I was so loving happy, and seeing Peach's Castle through the painting gets me loving excited to go back there.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think the New Donkers speak the same language that Sims do.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

That was my reaction too

'Huh apparently Mario NPCs speak Simglish'

The female hat ghosts in Bonneton are :kimchi: as gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how you could still make out people saying names in the gibberish VA.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Bowser: "RGRBRRLRGHPeachRARHGHRBRLRAMario"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like that hats protect you from cappy. Everything else is believable, but a goomba would never wear two hats at once.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Frankston posted:

I really appreciate cappy telling you if there are any stars or purple coins left in any areas you've already been in

:same:

the moon in the cage on the tree in the lost kingdom is driving me crazy. whats the dealio

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

:same:

the moon in the cage on the tree in the lost kingdom is driving me crazy. whats the dealio

Have one of the rocket bugs on the small plateau near it hit it. Aiming can be finicky

The way the characters speak is brilliant, btw. Did they talk like this in Galaxy? All I remember was the disastrous VA in Sunshine
And is this the first time Mario says Peach’s name?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Zaggitz posted:

there's two holes you can drop into.
Bah! Bah I say!

Game is still p. fukin good though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Goddamn, that ending easily elevates new Donk to one of the top Mario worlds period.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So, despite the 4.0.1 update, I'm getting janky rear end sounds every 30-60 minutes in SMO when docked. Anyone else still getting this despite the update?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Calaveron posted:

It's Honeylune Ridge: Escape. No fancy name. There's also a Japanese version!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

CuddlyZombie posted:

It's Honeylune Ridge: Escape. No fancy name. There's also a Japanese version!

Oh my god those lyrics are just perfect and I love how it remixes Bowser’s theme from SM64 and how Bowser is part of that ending sequence because hey despite it all you guys still have a cordial enough relationship you play sports together in a friendly fashion and leaving him to die in the Moon’s core is probably a lovely thing to do

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Incidentally when’s the last time when a flagship Mario game and a flagship Sonic game came out in the same year and proved the old canard that Sonic loving suckkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssss

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

heres some pics ive taken so far. photo mode is fun

i had to rock the classic mario look with red overalls for New Donk City, it went great for the finale

i recommend everyone try using the backwards famicom ballcap with the scientist jacket, for a casual mario look

also, i love that the cowboy outfit is based on his Mario Party 2 cowboy costume. its not identical, but you can tell it pulled inspiration from that look

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 29, 2017

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Also it recognized my OoT Link Amiibo, but when I tapped Sonic it called it a "lovely amiibo" :colbert:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so which troll review(er) was it that pushed down the score this time?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I’m glad dying doesn’t penalize you in this game. I’m loving awful. gently caress the poison levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
New Donk City is probably one of my favorite stages ever. That said I find their city planning and infrastructure to be very.... questionable.

• Locked thread