Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome to Jealous Husband Returns In Form Of Parrot, a Mafia game for exactly thirteen players.

Robert Olen Butler posted:

I never can quite say as much as I know. I look at other parrots and I wonder if it's the same for them, if somebody is trapped in each of them paying some kind of price for living their life in a certain way. For instance, "Hello," I say, and I'm sitting on a perch in a pet store in Houston and what I'm really thinking is Holy poo poo. It's you. And what's happened is I'm looking at my wife.

General Guidelines:
  • This is similar to a C9++ setup, with a few twists. Alignments go out D1, but roles and flavor D2.
  • On Day 2, players will receive a role PM with the flavor of another player in the game. From that point forward, players must make a conscious attempt to play and post as that player. Players should consider this a softish post restriction, but let me be clear: if this sort of thing doesn't sound fun as hell to you, this probably isn't the game for you. Imitations should not be done with intent to insult and if that's what you're about, this game isn't for you either.
  • I will be maintaining a Replacements list - The Peanut Gallery - but here's the rub, if you want to stay on the replacements list and be a valid replacement, I need you to post as though you are playing.
  • Replacements ought to behave as vanilla neutral players until they are officially brought into the game to replace a lurker. Replacements may not vote for the lynch, but may (and are encouraged to) vote to "peanut" as outlined below. If we run out of replacements, modkills will be modkills.

Lurking:
The following incredibly harsh mechanisms will apply.
  • If the quality of your posting is deemed insufficient by your fellow players and you are in the lower third of postcount, players may vote to "peanut" you by bolding your name within two siren emotes. (Like this: :siren: peramene :siren:) If three players vote to peanut a player, I will examine the player's posting and either: modkill the player and usher in their replacement, modkill the player outright, or veto the call.
  • A minimum of 20 posts must be made by Day 1 (which will be 48 72 hours)
  • If you have the lowest post count, that post count must be equal to at least one third of the next highest poster. Obvious attempts at gaming this system will constitute violating it, a judgment which is entirely up to my discretion.
  • I will read every single word. If someone is just making longer posts instead of more posts, I will know and the above rule will bend. I'm the final arbiter on this policy and while the above rule is meant to be a helpful, it is to my satisfaction (relative to the other players, of course) that must be... uh, satisfied.
  • Don't gently caress with me or with other players using this system. I can't even believe I have to say this, but: not fulfilling their flavor role is a valid reason to "siren" a player - not playing Mafia the way you think Mafia should be played, "not playing well" is not.

Abridged:
  • C9++ but with alignment D1; flavor and role D2.
  • Pretend to be somebody else.
  • Don't lurk.
  • Make sure to call 'voting for a modkill due to lurking' as the verb "peanut", as in "It's time to peanut Quidnose."

Please feel free to ask any clarification questions to help me improve these guidelines before we begin.

If you'd like to sign up as a player, please make a post containing the :spooky: emote.
If you'd like to sign up as a member of The Peanut Gallery, please make a post containing the :sun: emote.
If you want to be clear that your intent is to spectate only, a :munch: will suffice, but please cease posting in the thread once the game begins. I'll have a conventional spectator doc this time around.

1. b-minus1 in the style of peramene.
  2. Gulag Dolls in the style of Revolver Anidav.
  3. Hal Incandenza in the style of b-minus1.
  4. Juchero in the style of Xad.
  5. Moatillata in the style of PMush Perfect.
  6. Retro Futurist in the style of Juchero.
  7. Revolver Anidav in the style of Tired Moritz.
  8. TheBoat in the style of Moatillata.
  9. Tired Moritz in the style of Retro Futurist.
  10. Xad in the style of Hal Incandenza.

Spectating:
1. chaoslord the Magnificent
2. Bifauxnen the Brilliant
3. Podima the Pubslayer
4. Max the Meadcrawler
5. STONE COLD the 64
6. Juanito
7. Murmur Twin

Modkills: 2

peramene fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I feel like this is my fault.

:spooky:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That’s me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
eh why not

:sun:

guys dont replace out, do you really want me in your team

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oooh spooky

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:toot:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

this better be WORTH IT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:munch:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Haha ok :munch:

Tobbs Gnawed fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 31, 2017

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GODDAMMIT SARA I NEED A BREAK :munch:

(would've been a sun face, but then I saw you gotta still keep up participation while you're on the list, so I couldn't pull the clever strategy of staying completely silent and looking like I was paying no attention till I replaced in later and solved the whole game from my detached observer perpsective hahaha)

(hopefully the fact that I already put that much thought into the game will console you)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

GODDAMMIT SARA I NEED A BREAK :munch:

(would've been a sun face, but then I saw you gotta still keep up participation while you're on the list, so I couldn't pull the clever strategy of staying completely silent and looking like I was paying no attention till I replaced in later and solved the whole game from my detached observer perpsective hahaha)

(hopefully the fact that I already put that much thought into the game will console you)

this won't be a peragame so you won't miss out overly; plus I look forward to being able to hardcore jam with you and chaoslord in the spec doc <3

frankly, I think it'll do us both good to watch a game like this unfold

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's only right for me to hang with bif and chaoslord given recent events, imo

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

It's only right for me to hang with bif and chaoslord given recent events, imo

chaoxen

i would ship it if they both weren't absolulte loving angels from heaven

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...cow. Oxen.

Hm.

(Just pointing that out. Carry on.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
listen, I hear you, okay, I do, but it's pretty obvious still "kay-oh" and in... kay-oh-nen ...

WRENNNNNNNNN

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

kay-oh-nen ...

:confused:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

that is clearly the letter kay and then the word on as two distinct syllables with a very tight o and i will make nuggets out of you

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Am new but played mafia and were wolf irl.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
And yes am a boat. But choo choo like a train soooo...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TheBoat posted:

And yes am a boat. But choo choo like a train soooo...

yes am a boat 2 chuchu

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

yes am a boat 2 chuchu

PPPPEEEEERRRRRFFFFF

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TheBoat posted:

PPPPEEEEERRRRRFFFFF

Do you accuse me of PERFIDY OR PERFECTTTTIIIOOONNNNN

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Do you accuse me of PERFIDY OR PERFECTTTTIIIOOONNNNN
Both

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

yes

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
1 the gently caress are you two on
2 is there any left

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

1 the gently caress are you two on
2 is there any left

all aboard the boat train choooo

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
It's called life thank you. Hmmmph

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TheBoat posted:

It's called life thank you. Hmmmph

for some life is a downer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I do not like boats

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do not like boats

Well nice to meet you too then

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do not like boats

water is scary I understand

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:sun:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Contact in Cudlaty has ended in a --------------------Town Victory!----------------

Play will begin November 6th.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

peramene posted:

incredibly harsh mechanisms 

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
punish us

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moooooooooooooooooooooat

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey bif,

upgrade that popcorn to a puckin

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Hey bif,

upgrade that popcorn to a puckin

sorry I would rather not at this time, but know that you have tempted me greatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

sorry I would rather not at this time, but know that you have tempted me greatly

But now you can't even ##voat mote

• Locked thread