Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Abuminable posted:

well, if indeed it's too tacky to mock clothing, perhaps mocking hairdos would be acceptable...

IS that right one the Streisand effect I keep hearing about?

e: critter taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKixc62DCi8

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

McGiggins posted:

The saddest thing is that you're probably exactly right.

I'll tip my hat off to moma he's been pretty much 100% right about CIG. Sorry for laughing at you man.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

ikr? simple, and elegant. no more pain. no more suffering. the nagging emptiness as you mindlessly walk the same paths day, after day, after day, carving them deeper and deeper into the ground with every step until one day almost out of nowhere you dare to look up only to see they have become canyons you can neither escape from nor see out of; that's gone too. that deep longing, that unquenchable thirst.

quench it

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Thread feels hollow, like death

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hav posted:

Surprised Lazrin hasn’t stopped by.

Me too. Lazrin and MOMA are valuable thread members, and despite the fact that Lazrin’s first series of posts were a non-stop textual machine gunning of me, I’ve always found him a fun voice.

The CitCon demo has mobilized at least some of the Zealots and Evangelists to some :smuggo: gloating on Reddit and beyond. All we’ve seen so far is SD’s Parody, which only us dumbasses fell for...

I really was expecting some flyby thread gloating though, because as bereft of actual gameplay as the CitCon demo was, it was in many respects pretty majestic visually. It’s a given that the whole thing was, like the Sandworm demo, cooked up by Chris in another “I just want to sell the narrative” fever dreams. This time the narrative was of staggering scale that “I’m pretty sure you won’t see in any other games.”

In short, it was another “suck it Braben” volley in the Frenemy Wars, along with being another Roberts-To-The-Devs mandated “alright guys we need to change the narrative ASAP let’s cook up a mindblower to get the faithful reenergized” moment. Like the Sandworm, or the Hamill “meet the Old Man” teaser, or Forest’s “check out the female models we’re about to add” clip from ATV, or the “look at OUR character creator tech” from a bit ago, or Chris Oliva’s Jumpgate Wormhole navigation clips from years back...

Skeptics have seen this movie before and know how it ends - with the movie never quite surviving contact with the codebase and making it to the game intact... but the Zealots are mostly paying to watch the movie and don’t care if/when it ever makes it in game. So they’re happy again and ready to pound their moobs and cry victory over the doubters...

To every thing turn, turn, turn...

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://pastebin.com/4Fmk9TJx

Evocati Patch-Notes: October 28th, 2017

Focus Feature Updates

Afterburner
Tweaked decoupled behavior to have intended constraints
Raised atmospheric acceleration tuning

Universe
Minor interior prop placement shifts

UI
StarMap: QT icon polish, added different icons for distress and general missions

Ships
Aurora series: Further lighting polish, added MFD bootup sequences
Starfarer: RTT Polish
Cutlass: Further lighting polish
Vanguard: RTT Polish
Retaliator: Further lighting polish
Caterpillar: Exterior polish

Bug Fixes
Visual polish to derelict Javelin
Fixed some geometry clipping at Rayari outpost
Players should now be able to refuel at Cryastro
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes exit the seat when attempting to activate "flight ready"
Players should no longer fall through collision when exiting the co-pilot seat of the Ursa Rover
The PMA app should no longer have streaming issues when loading the character model
Landing markers should no longer magically project into ship interiors
Adjusted npc aim stance
Interaction mode should no longer occasionally get stuck on
Fixed an issue where interaction mode and MFD usage with interfere with one another
Players should now appear properly in 3rd person when piloting the Prospector
Quantum travel audio should now play properly
Fixed clipping issue when exiting Aurora bed
Fixed some issues with LOD popping when zooming in on planetary surfaces
Fixed a material issue on the Dragonfly Yellowjacket dashboard
Players should no longer spawn inside the geometry of their EZHab
Fixed missing FPS radar
Fixed some collissions issues at the corners of outposts
Increased the collision damage from the Ursa to fix some character collision issues
Fixed some travel direction issues after an NPC exits a workzone

Added collision to bunks at Covalex
Audio for landing gear animations on the Constellations should match better
Fixed 3rd person camera clipping on the Starfarer

Technical
Attempted fix to some 10001 errors
Possible fix to some 20007/30007 errors
Performance tweaks
Minor crash fixes

Non-Focus Feature Updates

Universe
Audio: Ship weapon sound polish

UI
MFD: Added shield regen to display

FPS
Ballistic impact VFX rework

EMP & Distortion Damage (These systems have come online but are not complete and not part of the current focus. We will detail the full functionality at a later time)
EMPs now do distortion damage
Distortion damage no longer effects the originating ship
Beginnings of applying distortion damage to subcomponents

Cargo
Kiosks: Added additional commodity icons

Bug Fixes
Fix for some cargo boxes not being placable on counters
Cargo boxes should no longer become attached to the player's right hand
Multiple interior fixes for the Starfarer
Weapon magazines on display weapons at shops should no longer be offset
Delivery cargo should no longer vanish while in transit
Ships should now properly show the correct SCU on kiosks
Collision should no longer occasionally block gunfire
The P8-SC's rounds should no longer appear backwards in the magazine
Successful transations at the Kiosk should now play audio for subsequent transations
Fixed some VFX issues when firing projectiles into the ground and related particle effects
Weapon magazines should no longer be attachable to barrels
Fixed some LOD issues on the New Horizon race maps

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

:lol: that egg I thought I had on my face earlier turned out to be the :smuggo: of a guy staying atop the thread trends.

can't orf the g0rf

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:golfclap:

To anyone else, it really was six-odd hours of durr dev-filler and a rails tech demo, but to the shillizens it was the Ten Commandments. It was shocking to me that CIG would dare to drag them over hours of all the tech Crobbers hasn't caught up with in 20 years and call it an advance, but they know their marks well, and really they deserve it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

so they are gonna squirt out 3.0 to the pu on Christmas Eve like their release last year aren't they

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

but Chris said it's all real? He wouldn't lie

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solarin posted:

but Chris said it's all real? He wouldn't lie

I give it a day before it's claimed that that is a goon false flag operation.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

so they are gonna squirt out 3.0 to the pu on Christmas Eve like their release last year aren't they

Then go on vacation for two weeks, and when they come back they'll delete the entire support ticket queue and never refund anyone ever again.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

Then go on vacation for two weeks, and when they come back they'll delete the entire support ticket queue and never refund anyone ever again.

I love star citizen

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm expecting more they'll go on vacation for two weeks, then return missing a hundred people who decided to voluntarily stay on vacation.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm expecting more they'll go on vacation for two weeks, then return missing a hundred people who decided to voluntarily stay on vacation.

I'm guessing maybe five people never return from vacation and everyone else realizes that they're not being paid anymore.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

when are they going to tell the backers 3.0 is the mvp I wonder? Maybe the holiday stream

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solarin posted:

when are they going to tell the backers 3.0 is the mvp I wonder? Maybe the holiday stream

3.0 is still months away from barely playable. But check this out, you can literally play Blade Runner!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, what did they expect after purposely making it look (to marks) like this would be the case.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

thatguy posted:

Imagine four alien races on the edge of a PowerPoint slide.

I feel like these are all arthritis drugs.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

AlbieQuirky posted:

I feel like these are all arthritis drugs.

Side effects of Tevarin include loss of money, white-knighting, complete loss of rationality, and obsessing over the genitalia of internet warlords.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, how are the post citizencon financials looking? Was this a rousing success or too many dreams too late? When will we be able to objectively judge the success of the event?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So, how are the post citizencon financials looking? Was this a rousing success or too many dreams too late? When will we be able to objectively judge the success of the event?

The first day is the day where only fresh cash was accepted for the new ship.

The more expensive one (which can be bought with credit) sold out, the one that requires cash didn't.

So, in my opinion, it was pretty meh.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Made several million. Again another thing you guys are always wrong about.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

trucutru posted:

The first day is the day where only fresh cash was accepted for the new ship.

The more expensive one (which can be bought with credit) sold out, the one that requires cash didn't.

So, in my opinion, it was pretty meh.

This proves they don't count store credit on the tracker. Another indication its legit.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It'd be funnier if you were for real.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

SCtrumpHaters posted:

This proves they don't count store credit on the tracker. Another indication its legit.

When was your last e-meter reading? I think it’s time for another audit.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The hottest thread at reddit (after the usual "the game is not p2w" one)

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/799q7b/glad_cig_didnt_chicken_out_on_showing_8_minutes/

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Yes, they legit are not making enough money selling ships nowadays.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

I want to be a forklift operator IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEE!!!!

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Really? It seems low. According to this (bizarrely detailed) spreadsheet, their best years were 2015 and 2016 at about $36 million per year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=510405882

From the tracker and the spreadsheet, they've gotten $23-24 million in 2017 so far. With the November/December bump, it might approach $36 mil (no 3.0, lol), but it's officially jumped the shark. :same:

Still a nice chuck of change, though. Maybe they can turn it around by making a video game to put the jpegs in, and selling that.

fritzgryphon fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 29, 2017

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Honestly I think the worst possible punishment one could devise for such as these would be to give them the game they think they want.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

It's a total coincidence that this "clarification" came out merely hours after my Open House stream in which I painstakingly explained the technical limitations of what they had shown, and why backers were about to walk off a cliff - again. :allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

G0RF posted:

Honestly I think the worst possible punishment one could devise for such as these would be to give them the game they think they want.

They'd all die within a week after forgetting to eat nondigital food.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
just read that the recent event showed some insane stuff that silenced all the haters and make DS hide in shame

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was going to say I think funmini-games during load times are trademarked or something, but then I remembered this is star citizen so that won't be a problem.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Spiderdrake posted:

I was going to say I think funmini-games during load times are trademarked or something, but then I remembered this is star citizen so that won't be a problem.

They're patented, by Namco I think. Doesn't mean that you can't get a license

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I think that patent expired recently. Though, these days, I think a game that could properly take advantage of such a thing is rare as most either don't have or have very few loading times, or their loading times are very short. For most other games, it'd probably break the pacing and flow more than it'd help... Maybe Yoko Taro could think of something to do with them?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Apparently it expired in 2016. Also I am terrible at remembering the word patent. Or Namco-Bandai.

If you could actually come up with a fun gameplay loop for a space game that happened during loading time (or just travel time) it wouldn't be a bad idea to give traveling some feeling to it.

The poo poo suggested in that thread is nightmarish. For normal people. I wonder if those people wake from dreams of rubbing against non-descript boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Rofl damnit I fell for it, kudos to SD. My only excuse is I haven't read the thread in a long rear end time.