Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/924002569755783168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

They will need far less npcs to make it populated.

They will be spreadsheet npcs until a player comes within view, then they are spawned in. ITs really not this complicated.

Spawned in for how many clients and controlled from where?

I haven't seen them get a box to work between 2 clients on a LAN.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fritzgryphon posted:

Surface goes down by radius squared, so, 24.6M square km.

See told you a smarter person should do this.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

Thanks.

Earths Surface area is 510.1 million km²

So 1/5 (editors note: that is 1/5 of the diameter) is 102.02 million km²

That's not how surface area works.

happyhippy posted:

So 102.02 million km² divided by 100m² = one trillion twenty billion two hundred million

that's not how math works

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 29, 2017

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

SomethingJones posted:

Spawned in for how many clients and controlled from where?

I haven't seen them get a box to work between 2 clients on a LAN.

Whoever is in view. They have object container streaming almost done. Its extremely scalable. They've done many talks and ATVs about this.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dusty Lens posted:

Jon Arbuckle telling Garfield about his latest Star Citizen pledge would probably hit a little too close to home for some.

:frogon:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Whoever is in view. They have object container streaming almost done. Its extremely scalable. They've done many talks and ATVs about this.

Could you link them, I'd love to watch them now that CitizenCon has convinced me that Star Citizen is in fact good

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

Have they explained how you can go from 0 to 0.2c in a matter of minutes without being reduced to a thin red paste running down the walls?

They pump reverse gravity goo in your suit, duh. Do your research before backing.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beautiful.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

:five:

Just mentioning this here, since by coincidence there was a trailer released two days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhuh6ojc0I
There is an indie short film being made for Papers Please, and it looks quite awesome.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Wuxi posted:

Probate everyone who uses miles imo

:ohdear:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

'Almost done'

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Daztek posted:

Could you link them, I'd love to watch them now that CitizenCon has convinced me that Star Citizen is in fact good

+1

Link them and I'll transcribe them

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Self improvement and redemption has to come from within

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SCtrumpHaters posted:

And here I thought Star Citizen had the best community, you're not very helpful :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Like a fart

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The chorizo omelette that I had for breakfast was a real game changer.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dusty Lens posted:

Did it fill you with self improvement and redemption?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

aleksendr posted:

They pump reverse gravity goo in your suit, duh. Do your research before backing.

No, no. They pump the gravity out of the inside of the ship & therefore reduce the mass to zero & hold it all in a big tank to be piped back in to the plating later as-needed to provide gravity & mass later.

It's like a big submarine, except operating using gravity goo instead of water.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Thoatse posted:

Did it fill you with self improvement and redemption?

Overflowing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Chorizo omelette sounds nice.

I like to make them with smoked sausage, chopped cherry tomatoes and shitloads of pepper.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

Whataburger? I've only had chorizo maybe once before so I'm hesitant to try them.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

tooterfish posted:

Chorizo omelette sounds nice.

I like to make them with smoked sausage, chopped cherry tomatoes and shitloads of pepper.

That's usually the way I put mine together, that or just go with straight veg. Normally if I'm going to have chorizo it's in chilaquiles, where the texture is good and consistent. It provides a really good meaty bite.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Wait are you still here? I thought we already talked about this...

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

peter gabriel posted:

Like a wet fart

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I'm with AdmiralAssRapistDetail on this.

Search thy souls and discover thy Citizens :trustme:

!raffle

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/923980749073801216
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/924087575391989761
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/924393227049938945
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/924661430892290048
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/924703088799289344

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Buy Intel's shitheap and get CIG's shitheap. Great deal.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

XK posted:

Buy Intel's shitheap and get CIG's shitheap. Great deal.

Just wait until you see Restoration Hardware's Christmas catalog.

If you buy a limited edition Wing Commando desk, you get a special code to redeem it to fly an exact replica around the 'verse.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheOpulentAmish/status/924302876821688320
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/924306413760983041

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I, too, think 1300$ for a hard drive that the manufacturer admits is not designed for gaming, is for a game that is years from release(lol), for a game that I dream is seamless and therefore not needing more than an initial load and the game developer says only decreases load times by 20-25 percent is a wise purchase.

I don't know why they bothered with the partnership with Intel. Anyone crazy enough to buy one of those either just for the ship or in the belief it would be useful for the game would also be crazy enough to just pay 1300$ for the ship, outright. It's certainly not going to bring anyone new in, as it's not a product designed for gaming.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Because Intel gave them money to shill. Always Be Crobblering!

Isn't the ship just a lazy retooling of mostly existing models?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Optane is not an SSD as the market currently understands them. It's a total niche product.

Whatever happened to memristors?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen: A constant load (of poo poo)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Citizen: A weather app

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Mr.Tophat posted:

Anyone in here ever played Mage the Ascension? I've never played it before and I've had to do a bunch of reading and brainstorming and wow, there's a lot of stuff to this. I have already put word in the appropriate thread for direction but it moves slowly. If anyone can give me some pointers, that'll be grand.

In the game everyone is a wizard. So I decided to roll an ex-boxer/enforcer who will punch his way to success and occasionally rip into the fabric of reality to heal himself or just strong arm poo poo. Life spheres and Prime are gunna be the areas of magic. I look forward to my first real confrontation of magic.

Depending on how good you are with coming up with magical effects on the fly, you might want to sit down with your GM and work up some Rotes - 'standardized' effects that your character knows like the back of their hand that you can pull out when needed during the game. That way if you need to not be shot anymore you can say "okay I'm using Standard Healing Rote Number One" instead of having to try and bullshit something on the fly.

Also, Prime doesn't have a lot of super-useful effects on its own but it can be used to improve other Spheres' effects and make them way more hardcore - you can use Life to grow claws or whatever, but you need Prime to infuse those claws with badass magic energy foo to make them do Aggravated damage. Consider working towards a couple of dots of Forces so you can do poo poo like "I convert the kinetic energy of people punching me into heat so when I punch them back it also lights them on fire" and whatnot.

For more general advice, without knowing any specifics all I can say is "get real good at improv." The biggest weakness of M:tA's magic system is that it's so freeform that it can get overwhelming, but that's also its strength; you can cobble together basically any effect you need if you're flexible enough. Learning to do that on the spur of the moment, that's the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

XK posted:

The Optane is not an SSD as the market currently understands them. It's a total niche product.

Whatever happened to memristors?
I don't really keep up with SSD tech but I think they promised the world they'd develop this new innovative product and then hit technical limitations they're not able to solve yet so shipped a cut down product that doesn't really do what they set out to do but they need something to show investors instead of calling the entire thing a loss.