Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

That reminds me, Frontier's expo's alien segment was much more interesting in that it had nothing to do with terribly trite 'lore'. Rather, they had an astrobiologist on that lectured for an hour about what alien life might look like, why we think it might look like that and how we're trying to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuCFaxss7ZQ

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't really keep up with SSD tech but I think they promised the world they'd develop this new innovative product and then hit technical limitations they're not able to solve yet so shipped a cut down product that doesn't really do what they set out to do but they need something to show investors instead of calling the entire thing a loss.

Yeah, it was supposed to experience no wear, but it does. That would've been a great selling point, the primary reason for being, but they missed it. It was also supposed to be near memory speeds, but they missed that by orders of magnitude as well. It also uses more power than traditional mechanical multi-terabyte drives.

They missed all the major points, and are selling it at a premium. I want a no wear, high speed, low power usage, storage drive. I'd pay a premium for that, but they got none of it.

It has a niche use in research lab settings, but for any normal user it would make far more sense to split that expense into more memory and traditional technology SSDs.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

aleksendr posted:

They pump reverse gravity goo in your suit, duh. Do your research before backing.

actually through your nipple jets

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Laopooh posted:

I don’t get how someone taking even a cursory glance at the proper nouns in this game doesn’t immediately pick up that a simpleton is calling the shots.

Stanton

Hurston

Yela

Microtech

ArcCorp

It’s just...so bad. Sometimes I say those names out loud when no one is around and just cackle.

Me too lol

They really are terrible and stupid and odd

The funniest thing to me about this project is it started completely open ended and they could have made something hugely creative and original and instead everything is derivative, and what isn’t is extremely, extremely lame and bad. What a waste of talent, time and money. Nobody deserves it less, and the result is utterly tragicomic.

“Let’s get out of Daymar”

Of course they have to remind us where we are/announce departure in the most unnatural way possible. Nobody would ever say “let’s get out of Mars”. Stupid.

I also like the rectangular tube map borrowed from the London Underground that that only contains points of interest within that one rectangle without any lines going to any outside destination. Truly planetary! They’ve definitely fleshed out a whole universe and all it needs is more money! :allears:

fritzgryphon
Jul 15, 2017

by Lowtax

It says the three moons have a surface gravity of 0.357G (not 35G as I said before. They added the '0.' prefix after the con)

In fact, all 3 moons list a gravity of exactly 0.357G, even though their sizes are different. What are the odds?

Edit: The 'size' of the moon listed on the title bar is not the same, or related to, the radius on the detail drop-down. They're all different. Also, sometimes the detail drop down can't be collapsed by swiping.

Edit2: And... it crashed.

fritzgryphon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 29, 2017

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

So many people dreaming of a world where they can do anything if they put enough effort into it - but it has to be in real-time and adhere to present-day conceptions of how people work and live.

If only they realized mom and dad had unlocked the basement door years ago, they would realize that such a place already exists.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

1.071:1, clearly.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
pretty disappointing there were no talks about gravity goo or the stimpire at citizen con

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

"like he's done to me"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:eng99:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Abuminable posted:

This is how Chris cuts a slice of cake:

What in the actual gently caress

fe: Cokie Roberts :laugh:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wait does that sheet cake have an actual piece of cardboard on it?

They couldn't pay for a properly decorated cake? Did they try to do it in house and couldn't innovate pliable frosting?

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I'm more worried that they're celebrating birthdays for something that isn't born yet. Unless they're suggesting that they shipped the MVP 5 years ago, it's still gestating. And I don't know about CR, but I don't celebrate my birthday on the day I was conceived(ew).

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

They are attempting the world-record for the longest-running con, and Guinness reps told them they had to provide documentation in order to be included in the book. These pictures are part of the submission package.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Spiderdrake posted:

Wait does that sheet cake have an actual piece of cardboard on it?

They couldn't pay for a properly decorated cake? Did they try to do it in house and couldn't innovate pliable frosting?

They’d like to look into potentially exploring the possibility of the implications of perhaps being interested in maybe mixing a viable buttercream icing in-house (never been done before) and as soon as they do the pipeline pastry bag can really start flowing!

Two weeks

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I just hate the lying

And the lies never loving stop

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tooterfish posted:

No need to guestimate, the station handily has a floating waypoint. It "orbits" at less than 25km.

Fidelity. LOL.

I've told you guys over and over again that these are just standard CryEngine levels, stitched together with other levels to give the impression of size and scale.

25km up isn't space. And it's not orbit. It's still within the atmosphere (if we're comparing to Earth)

Don't get wrong, I think this is fine for the game; but it just kills Shitizens dreams by dousing them in flames, even as they're going through REM.

ps: This poo poo will never be in the game. I've played Evocati 3.0 and even with the moon, it's crap, performance is poo poo, and....well, just wait.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGCOFjdVRLo

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

tooterfish posted:

No need to guestimate, the station handily has a floating waypoint. It "orbits" at less than 25km.

Fidelity. LOL.

cr explaining about realistic simulation of gravity. and how its "weaker" 25km up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcG0g7GsOI&t=1677s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANglwyE5dw&t=71s
nasa explanation on why things orbit.
i chose explanation for kids. just so CR could understand his gently caress up incase someone manages to show it to him.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

I've played Evocati 3.0 and even with the moon, it's crap, performance is poo poo, and....well, just wait.
Well I've played all the missions of SQ:42 and I can tell you that they're great, run at 120 FPS, and are not only entertaining but engaging and immersive as well.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Every parent in the SC universe lives with the fear that their child will sneeze and fly into low orbit.

Remember. Leash your child.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I just hate the lying

And the lies never loving stop

Like what? Besides some shady marketing BS they haven't lied about a single thing.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Like what? Besides some shady marketing BS they haven't lied about a single thing.

Trigger warning that poo poo yo.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 30, 2017

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Taintrunner posted:

Star Citizen: A weather app

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Real talk: Who are the Trump haters?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dark Off posted:

cr explaining about realistic simulation of gravity. and how its "weaker" 25km up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcG0g7GsOI&t=1677s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANglwyE5dw&t=71s
nasa explanation on why things orbit.
i chose explanation for kids. just so CR could understand his gently caress up incase someone manages to show it to him.

God drat he's such a dunce when it comes to basic physics

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Parkour and pole vaulting coming in 2.4

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

his nibs posted:

Real talk: Who are the Trump haters?

I mean to put SC Trumps Haters but I can't spell.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Someone should buy sd an avee so he can get back to normal posting then again it's kinda funny when it works

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

SomethingJones posted:

Parkour and pole vaulting coming in 2.4

Plans change in game dev. Maybe they couldn't get it working quite right. We have seen them working on it several times.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I mean to put SC Trumps Haters but I can't spell.

o7

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoatse posted:

Someone should buy sd an avee so he can get back to normal posting then again it's kinda funny when it works

Honestly its just people have gotten so lazy with their criticism that to an outsider we look a bit like a cult. Like those doomsday freaks. Wrong over and over again. Especially after this citcon.

I'm gonna do my part to cut down on the nonsense.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

South Carolina Trump Hates makes a salient point: They do look like a cult, enthralled by a magic man promises a thousand hundred ten worlds who can't cut a cake.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
To be fair the realistic distances in Elite, realistic scales of solar systems etc just mean you spend more time looking at it than flying it.

I'd actually love to fly to a station 20-30 km up in Elite, in normal flight mode using the superb flight physics.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Plans change in game dev. Maybe they couldn't get it working quite right. We have seen them working on it several times.

3.0 for xmas 2016

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Looking someone in the eye and saying something that you know to be false is simply a change of plans made before both parties have been informed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Space farming