Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still don't know why he did it.

I think we're reaching a point in the game where we should take stock of all the claims and how many of them can be confirmed. Someone should do that overnight or tomorrow or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Are they talking in masonchat and just not here or what

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

I still don't know why he did it.

I think we're reaching a point in the game where we should take stock of all the claims and how many of them can be confirmed. Someone should do that overnight or tomorrow or something.

I can definitely work on that tomorrow (unless scum wanna kill me instead of Tobbs, hey knock yourselves out)

It does seem like such a needlessly risky play, even if he'd pulled it off getting us to lunch Tobbs he'd just be dead meat tomorrow. (Unless he managed to pull off going the "how could I do something so obviously stupid as scum, must've been a busdriver" route or something, but I doubt that'd work haha)

I can only assume TMM was telling the truth about RL stuff totally distracting him from the game, so he tried to take someone else with a valuable role down with him.

I wondered for a second if it could have been BOTH of them as scum, that'd actually make more sense as a gambit cause it'd at least get one of em looking hella confirmed. But that didn't really add up. TMM was the scummier looking one by far and the one taking the fall for sure. With him flipping godfather and that last doubt about cop results removed, Tobbs would just be painting himself into a corner. Plus the hated claim and all.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I'm thinking it's just that TMM didn't see the breadcrumb and picked the wrong target for his claim. If he'd accused anyone of the other people without a current claim at the time other than Tobbs and Grandi it might have worked.

Or maybe TMM did see the breadcrumb but typed the wrong person as his victim as well as getting AC and asiimi mixed up, was hoping to get copped and cleared tonight, which would have opened the bus-driver theory, but couldn't back out of both errors in the fake claim.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm thinking tomorrow is full claim time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah sometimes scum just slip up, happens to even the best of us :sun:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah sometimes scum just slip up, happens to even the best of us :sun:

by definition, not the best of us.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am killing ac tomorrow nobody can stop me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

I'm thinking tomorrow is full claim time.

:agreed:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i am killing ac tomorrow nobody can stop me.

With that being a free shot for us, yeah I could see taking the opportunity while we're ahead of the game. I was still leaning town on her before the lurking, and I could still believe it's just RL stuff hitting her out of nowhere. But out of all the people I'm feeling more town about, she's the one I'd try and lunch first if we'd worked through all the scummier people.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:siren: If I haven't gotten your night action by 8PM EST, you will forfeit your action for the night. :siren:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A small drone, for it's age. Having lived over a thousand years, Ursenae-Arcadiasa Bif Shazza Auxnen da'Bleken had seen nearly everything the living world could offer. So for this trip, she had decided to peer into the past, to see what else life had offered to it's more primitive beings. Things had obviously taken a turn on the trip, but her nearly vast memory would surely come in handy. The original contact war that killed TRILLIONS. An exploded ring world. Dead stars that stand as monuments to vast experiments carried out by numerous intriguing beings, and one sad memory of a love that never came to be.

All these thoughts, amounting to a single, conscious being. And now they are no where to be found, because she is outside the window right now, floating, showing no signs of life in her metal frame.

Ursenae-ARcadiasa Bif Shazza Auxnen da'Bleken, Culture Aligned, Vanilla Town, has been found floating in the cold void of space Night 3. It is now Day 4. Deadline is Tuesday, October 31st at 10PM EST.

Max fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 30, 2017

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (10): apostateCourier, Asiina, b-minus1, flerp, Grandicap, Infinitum, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, STONE COLD 64, Thranguy, Tobbs Gnawed

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 31st, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

http://www.vavatch.co.uk/books/banks/cultnote.htm

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hey y'all.

##vote Infinitum

I copped him and he's scum.

Am now hated +2

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
protected tobbs night 3, now im out of charges and basically vanilla town

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dunno if we wanna free lunch A.C. first?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
isnt ac in the mason chat? has she been active in that chat?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I mean why not at this point

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I chose the safe decision blocked ac. Didn’t want to risk blocking an important town role

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote ac

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
If we're doing full claim today shouldn't we have done that before revealing information from existing claims?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thranguy posted:

If we're doing full claim today shouldn't we have done that before revealing information from existing claims?

im waiting for more posting before i claim

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Sigh. I wish the others hadn't jumped the gun here. I mean, Inf, if they show up at all, is going to claim some kind of Miller, true or not. If we'd done full claim first they'd have had to do that without knowing they'd been copped.

But now that everyone else has revealed their night results and I, by asking the question, have pretty much tipped the person in question off that I have actionable information, we've lost our chance.

Nevergirls visited Bif last night. Got an innocent explanation for that?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Thranguy posted:

Sigh. I wish the others hadn't jumped the gun here. I mean, Inf, if they show up at all, is going to claim some kind of Miller, true or not. If we'd done full claim first they'd have had to do that without knowing they'd been copped.

But now that everyone else has revealed their night results and I, by asking the question, have pretty much tipped the person in question off that I have actionable information, we've lost our chance.

Sounds damning to me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Besides if infin was a Miller he'd have proooobably mentioned it in the masonry.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

four scum for fifteen players...

i think order for lynching should go vote nevergirls today, if flips vanilla town, kill thranguy, then kill infi if its not over.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

four scum for fifteen players...

i think order for lynching should go vote nevergirls today, if flips vanilla town, kill thranguy, then kill infi if its not over.

Infinitum is 100% scum

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Infinitum is 100% scum

which is why i would save that lynch. thran says nevergirls visited bif who died, we lynch nevergirls. if nevergirls flips vanilla town then it proves thranguy is scum and we got two for one

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

which is why i would save that lynch. thran says nevergirls visited bif who died, we lynch nevergirls. if nevergirls flips vanilla town then it proves thranguy is scum and we got two for one

Infinitum could have a scum power role, and it drops their voting power.

Infinitum first.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Besides if they don't kill me I can cop again tomorrow. So no mistakes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Besides x2 we have a roleblocker who can block NGO

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote infi

its finally happening guys

the fabled infi turbo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Only reason to wait on infin is if he doesn't post again and is free lunch tomorrow

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I have a slight concern that infi might be some variety of Jester...too paranoid, or just paranoid enough?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
why would infi be a jester?????

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I copped him a as scummmm

Not Hsu non-town, scum. Flavor was he had orders from the interesting times gang hidden away

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thranguy posted:

I have no explanation, I'm vanilla as heck. Some sort of role redirect thing someone else has? Idk.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

flerp posted:

why would infi be a jester?????

Just thinking through the possible explanations. Scum is most likely, some kind of miller next most likely. We know there aren't any 3rd party killers, but other third party would be possible. Inf has gotten a lot of us reading him as scum before we had the cop read on them, could be deliberate on their part.

But if the cop has time gang flavor, sounds unlikely.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kill infi guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tbh Infi will be a free lunch tomorrow so why not wait for that

• Locked thread