Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Max/Red Bull WDC/WCC next season, book it.

Yeah nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

gently caress that

Yes. gently caress it because they're gonna be loving you all next season.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes. gently caress it because they're gonna be loving you all next season.

I’ll get fingered before I get Verstrappon’d

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Congratulations to 2017 FIA Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton.

Seems fake OP

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wikipedia never lies.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Some autist made an entire separate wiki page for Lewis' wins: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_Grand_Prix_wins_by_Lewis_Hamilton

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Even worse, someone did it for Vettel, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_Grand_Prix_wins_by_Sebastian_Vettel

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I wonder how many of these guys read up on their own wikipedia pages.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Not that it matters anymore but my driver of the day was that dreamy hunk Hartley.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5k6bbof9oU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please stop posting about the MotoGP finale, which will be very bad as it is taking place on the worst racing circuit on earth, Valencia.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Wirth1000 posted:

I wonder how many of these guys read up on their own wikipedia pages.

There are some confirmed posting on Reddit & the bloody autosport forums (though we don't know which), so of course they do.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Hexyflexy posted:

There are some confirmed posting on Reddit & the bloody autosport forums (though we don't know which), so of course they do.

What?

Which driver posts on god drat reddit so I can hate them eternally? And who posts on the autosport forums??? Last one is just in general.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Presented without comment

This space left blank intentionally.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Please stop posting about the MotoGP finale, which will be very bad as it is taking place on the worst racing circuit on earth, Valencia.

Losail?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is what they call "fake news"". Marquez will crash out of the final race in the rain and Dovi will win and Purple Rain will start playing as he crosses the finish line and I will cry.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Benson :argh::argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Losail is the second worst track on the MotoGP calendar. It really annoys me that MotoGP uses it's worst tracks as the season opener and closer.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

2017 - 4x

2018 - 5x

2019 - 6x

2020 - Rosberg unretires; championblocks Lewis, Rosberg 2x

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

This is what they call "fake news"". Marquez will crash out of the final race in the rain and Dovi will win and Purple Rain will start playing as he crosses the finish line and I will cry.

This is what must happen in order for Hayden’s memory to be appropriately honored.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Where’s the Nando one? Tia

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The best part of that race was Alonso v Hamilton. Just imagine if we got more of that next year, with them in actually equal cars :fap:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Wirth1000 posted:

What?

Which driver posts on god drat reddit so I can hate them eternally? And who posts on the autosport forums??? Last one is just in general.

I'm gonna bet Grosjean

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

Where’s the Nando one? Tia

Only Lewis, Seb, Senna, and Schumi have lists.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Might as well create an off season thread right now

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Only Lewis, Seb, Senna, and Schumi have lists.

Sounds like I have work to do

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Wirth1000 posted:

2017 - 4x

2018 - Nando gets an engine, wins every race. verstappen morphs into a real giant frog and eats the majority of f1 race drivers.

2019 - mankind is enslaved by computer algorithms. Wdc is decided by whoever gets most clicks on a whirlpool washing machine banner next to a picture of their genitalia.

2020 - Ice caps melt, the only habitable place left in the uk is Stevenage, where Hamilton gets shot in the last race of the season in the 250cc dune buggy/2 firearms or less category.

The stewards rule the shots were fired off the track, but no racing advantage was made, so no penalty.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Great post, mrfart

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Great post, mrfart

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
mrfart is truely the thierry boutsen of posters

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Hamilton will one day be recognised as the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pissflaps posted:

Hamilton will one day be recognised as the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time.

And that day is today.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pissflaps posted:

gret posted:

And that day is today.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It was actually during his debut season when he ran a double world champion named Alonso ragged and only lost the champion that year by the tip of his foreskin (assuming he's not circumcised).

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

he finished a lap down with a hot fanny. a true legend

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Who was it that was complaining about his foot being hot earlier this year? Was it Grosjean?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Fernando Alonso believes newly-crowned Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton had it "too easy" on his way to the title in 2017.

Hamilton was embroiled in a close fight at the top of the standings with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel for much of the year - but as Vettel's championship challenge unraveled after the summer break, Hamilton romped to his fourth world title, sealing it at the Mexican Grand Prix with two races to spare.

Alonso feels that Hamilton did not have a particularly hard time en route to becoming champion this year, suggesting that the absence of former team-mate Nico Rosberg - who retired after beating Hamilton to the crown in 2016 - left him with a clear run at the championship.

"It was very easy this year, no opponents," Alonso said, adding that he hopes McLaren can offer stronger opposition next year when it switches from Honda to Renault engines.

"Last year he had Nico until the last race, fighting every single race.

"This year was too easy. Mercedes four races to the end constructors' champion, Hamilton three races before the end drivers' champion.

"Hopefully McLaren-Renault will change this easy time for them."

With Hamilton forced to fight his way through the pack after suffering a puncture on the opening lap, Alonso got to battle the Mercedes man for ninth place in the closing stages of the race.

He managed to keep Hamilton behind for several laps, but eventually had to yield.

"At the end with Hamilton, as soon as you start battling, you lack a bit of straightline speed," Alonso said.

"We tried to brake a little bit later every time, tried to defend the position but it was not possible."

Asked whether the late-race battle was a way of reminding Hamilton about himself, Alonso said: "I think he knows, he knows. He knows also how strong the McLaren car [is] in the corners, he saw also today.

"Next year hopefully we can give a little bit harder time to him."

Having started the Mexico race from 18th due to engine penalties, Alonso fought his way through the pack to finish 10th, scoring a point to bring his 2017 tally to 11.

"It was good - overall we start last, we finish in the points, which is a good target for us," he said.

"We had the speed all weekend, the car kept feeling very nice, very good handling, and good balance throughout the race.

"We lack a little bit of straightline speed to attack or defend, so we [were] stuck behind the Sauber [of Marcus Ericsson] for half the race and then we could not pass [Kevin] Magnussen.

"And we are very vulnerable when we are in front of people."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132748/hamilton-had-it-too-easy-in-2017--alonso

Oh, Lewis would have had a ton of work to do if it wasn't for Ferrari helping him out by imploding and Vettel's impotent rage at the starts.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132748/hamilton-had-it-too-easy-in-2017--alonso

Oh, Lewis would have had a ton of work to do if it wasn't for Ferrari helping him out by imploding and Vettel's impotent rage at the starts.

Nando is going to gently caress his poo poo up with a competent car

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Nando is going to gently caress his poo poo up with a competent car

He's already starting the mind games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak