Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

That oh gently caress moment also combined with a not-insane idea that he now needs to be worried about some bugfuck fan messing with him either physically or online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/titanictd/status/917172732604936192

I can't stop laughing at this.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fly the W! Bring on the Dodgers.

Haven't drank a bottle of scotch during a weekday in awhile but, gently caress that game man

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nick Soapdish posted:

gently caress that game man

loving nail biter right to the end. Looking forward to saturday. More than usual.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I would love to see the Yankees win #28 over the Cubs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Godholio posted:

I would love to see the Yankees win #28 over the Cubs.

As both a Cubs and Yankees fan, I'm in agreement.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
When Keuchel is in the zone I dont think anyone can do poo poo. That would be so annoying to deal with. Junk poo poo that looks great...just long enough.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm just an STL sports fan quietly living in a college town close to Chicago, hoping the Cubs implode

also gently caress the 'hawks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

eh if the cubbies win again i wont hold it against them

team is legit

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sunday's game was a nailbiter up until that walk off.

I'm happy that they won last year. Just glad the curse is broken.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Cubs fans are insufferable. It was way more fun when they were perpetual losers and people just went to games to hang out and get drunk on cheap beer + hot dogs. Now it's a fanbase of probably 75% suburbanites from Naperville or whatever who only come to the city to act dumb. Although I suppose I'd say the same thing about a lot of Brewers fans up here since I've spoken with some who are legitimately terrified that they're going to get shot if they set foot in Milwaukee outside of going to games.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been to two Cubs games, both as a kid. If I went now I'd shoot for a bleacher seat in the emptiest part of the outfield so I can vape my hash in peace.

The lovable loser thing will come back, probably long after I'm dead. Like, 50+ seasons without a championship.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DoktorLoken posted:

Cubs fans are insufferable. It was way more fun when they were perpetual losers and people just went to games to hang out and get drunk on cheap beer + hot dogs. Now it's a fanbase of probably 75% suburbanites from Naperville or whatever who only come to the city to act dumb. Although I suppose I'd say the same thing about a lot of Brewers fans up here since I've spoken with some who are legitimately terrified that they're going to get shot if they set foot in Milwaukee outside of going to games.

lol brewers fans

But seriously there's been a shift in the last few years and I don't know where it started, but the sheer amount of fuckin assholes that are Chicago sports fans are running my sportsmanship thin.

I miss how it was when I was growing up, when I didn't feel like a shitheel if I rooted for Chicago teams sometimes

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Professor Bling posted:

lol brewers fans

But seriously there's been a shift in the last few years and I don't know where it started, but the sheer amount of fuckin assholes that are Chicago sports fans are running my sportsmanship thin.

I miss how it was when I was growing up, when I didn't feel like a shitheel if I rooted for Chicago teams sometimes

My buddy is a White Sox fan, and he's pretty chill as far as sports fans go. And every White Sox fan I've met tends to be chill as well, so that's been a good barometer for me. Cubs fans that I know tend to be incredibly annoying or garbage people.

Also Blackhawks fans tend to be pretty chill even when you're playing them in the Stanley Cup playoffs, so that's cool.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is the rear end in a top hat cubs thing mostly in Chicago? Because I never go around talking poo poo here in CO unless I run into another cubs fan at the park. Sometimes I'll thank a cardinals fan for Heyward, but that's as dick-ish as I get.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Lots of drunk bros + Lakeview I guess? I know there have been some violent incidents with drunk Cubs fans coming from Chicago to Milwaukee for games since Miller Park is apparently Wrigley Field North to them. I’ll give the Cubs this though, Wrigley is the most incredible stadium in baseball.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like it gets worse the closer to the city you are, and by how long someone's been a fan. I live with a Hawks fan that used to watch back in the Hawkvision days, and he's chill as poo poo and great to watch rivalry games with.

The other guys I know start throwing poo poo when the Hawks lose while screaming "Bullshit!" like a 'roided out sitcom football dad, but they've only been watching since 2010, and I see Cubs fans doing the same poo poo now. Or they're my girlfriend's father who gets that tribal about literally everything.

Sox fans are the chillest Chicago fans and are totes okay in my book

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ahhh, okay.

Yeah, I don't go to sports bars or frequent large areas populated by the people they draw, so I never hear or see any bullshit (except the Broncos poo poo, but I expect that).

When I was working in sports bars in Memphis, you couldn't escape the loving basketball nuts. Every city has its own indignant fan base.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cubs are dead and I've never been happier

Go literally anyone else

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DoktorLoken posted:

Lots of drunk bros + Lakeview I guess? I know there have been some violent incidents with drunk Cubs fans coming from Chicago to Milwaukee for games since Miller Park is apparently Wrigley Field North to them. I’ll give the Cubs this though, Wrigley is the most incredible stadium in baseball.

Fenway you fuckman.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Fenway you fuckman.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fenway you fuckman.

all you can see is that big stupid wall

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fenway you fuckman.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

all you can see is that big stupid wall

And pillars that every civilized city in the country got rid of decades ago.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wrigley sucks since the remodel

Edit: "ooh the ivy wall that I say is beautiful but only talk about if someone on the opposing team wrecks their poo poo and then I'm cackling while I go on about it because like the majority of cubs fans I'm a piece of poo poo human being barely capable of conscious thought and with a complete lack of empathy, also what's this thing called "sportsmanship"?"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Every team has their rear end in a top hat fans.

Every team, no matter how terrible. I mean, even the Browns have fans, surely most of them are intolerable Ohio assholes. And probably lovely fans too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i hate red sox fans but fenway is a monument

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Did someone say "Browns fans?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYBmzPUI-Qs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bills bitch

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

God damnit....I was really looking forward to getting stomped by Bama 56-0

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SquirrelyPSU posted:

God damnit....I was really looking forward to getting stomped by Bama 56-0

As an Ohio Transplant living in Altoona that does business with PSU and doesn't give a duck about Ohio State football. This game owned.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BILLS

BITCH

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Really, really loving good game between the Seahawks and the Texans. It came down to the wire at the end, but that's where the Hawks really shine. Deshaun Watson, though... goddamn he's good. If you guys haven't been watching the Texans this year, it may be time to start.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear posted:

Really, really loving good game between the Seahawks and the Texans. It came down to the wire at the end, but that's where the Hawks really shine. Deshaun Watson, though... goddamn he's good. If you guys haven't been watching the Texans this year, it may be time to start.

NFL Network calling this year's SB Hawks and Texans

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Astros are HR machines tonight

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Astros are HR machines tonight

im rootin for em tbh

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I can't pull for an AL Astros team. It's just not right.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

I can't pull for an AL Astros team. It's just not right.

its weird i know

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

After a boring 6 innings game six is finally getting a little interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Off to game 7