Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lakers would protect:

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Nance
Randle

I think they leave Lopez and Clarkson available since they are idiots and think they should clear space for 2 max contracts next year

Or they just bribe em to take Deng (He was a fan favorite in Chicago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I mean if the current Bulls management wasn't on the plane they would likely take Deng without having to be bribed

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Juaguocio posted:

Oh right. I honestly don't know who I'd protect after Lenny, LMA, Danny, Dejounte.
Davis "The future if Pop gave him any minutes" Bertans

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Also realistically the Knicks would do something stupid like King Zing, French Frank, Kanter, Tim Hardaway, and Courtney Lee

Yeah that's probably the right list :sigh:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spoeank posted:

the kings would absolutely protect WCS (probably Bogdan, Fox, Hield, Skal & WCS) but we have this slightly used Kosta Koufos you can have instead

EvanTH posted:

Warriors probably go with Durant, Green, Thompson Curry, Iguodala

Pulling those 2 lists from N/V gives us these teams not yet protected:

Atlanta Hawks
Brooklyn Nets
Charlotte Hornets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
New Orleans Pels
Portland Trail Blazers
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Grizz protect:
Mike Conley
Marc Gasol
JaMychal Green
Dillon Brooks
Either Tyreke Evans or Wayne Selden

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Athanatos posted:

Pulling those 2 lists from N/V gives us these teams not yet protected:

Atlanta Hawks
Brooklyn Nets
Charlotte Hornets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
New Orleans Pels
Portland Trail Blazers
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

I can't remember if we have any posters who are Washington fans so...Wiz probably go with Wall, Beal, Porter, Oubre, and Gortat.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Blazers would protect

Lillard
McCollum
Nurkic
Collins
and probably Ed Davis?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The Knicks would somehow waste a slot protecting Allan Houston

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cavs:

Lebron
Love
Crowder
IT
JR/TT/Wade (Lebron will pick who he likes best and Gilbert will do whatever he says) I would choose JR.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

Rockets:
Crispy Paul
James Harden
Eric Gordon
Trevor Ariza
Clint Capela

On which Rockets players might be worth taking: Anderson hurts the cap figure a lot. Nene would be a good pick, and you could grab some of the Rockets rookies who have the Daryl Morey Draft Seal of Approval, or PJ Tucker/Luc Mbah a Moute for some journeyman defense.

Ah I didn't see that it was only one player per team. Probably Nene or whichever rookie you like the most then.

I agree 100% on this, with Tucker as the player taken from the Rockets

I mean why would a team that has no hope to compete in the next couple of years take Nene? Although that argument could apply to Tucker as well

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 30, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Celtics protect Horford, Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, and of course Ainge protects Rozier. Assuming any players taken by the bulls are removed from the team's cap, let them take Hayward and make another stab at a max player in the off season.

Bulls prob take Smart.
They'd take Hayward!! Unless they're tanking and going for prospects only. Can't think of any other unprotected player that would be as good.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Taking Hayward would be a huge risk because his range of outcomes includes "never plays again" and "comes back but only as a husk of his former self." But yeah that's a risk that a team starting from scratch should probably take.

I imagine not protecting Hayward might be reeeeeal unpopular with players and media, though.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Brooklyn Nets/Hens
D'angelo Russell
Caris Lavert
Allen Crabbe
Jarret Allen
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Bulls might take on of their journeymen bigs or Sean Kilpatrick

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Michael Corleone posted:

Cavs:

Lebron
Love
Crowder
IT
JR/TT/Wade (Lebron will pick who he likes best and Gilbert will do whatever he says) I would choose JR.

Probably JR Yeah.
Can leave Wade unprotected, the Bulls wouldn't do that again.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Davis "The future if Pop gave him any minutes" Bertans

I'm down with Davis.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Celtics protect Horford, Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, and of course Ainge protects Rozier. Assuming any players taken by the bulls are removed from the team's cap, let them take Hayward and make another stab at a max player in the off season.

Bulls prob take Smart.

I don't think they protect Horford. Good player but not worth $30 million a year at that age. They have to protect Hayward, he's the second best player on the team.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Niwrad posted:

I don't think they protect Horford. Good player but not worth $30 million a year at that age. They have to protect Hayward, he's the second best player on the team.

Like the Magic they have too many people to protect, but they have the added consideration that you don't attract two big free agents only to leave them unprotected in these circumstances. Not if you want to keep attracting them

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Intruder posted:

I agree 100% on this, with Tucker as the player taken from the Rockets

I mean why would a team that has no hope to compete in the next couple of years take Nene? Although that argument could apply to Tucker as well

I feel like it's harder than I thought to make an ECF team out of players 6-15 on each team; the salary limit means that teams can safely leave off guys like Ryan Anderson who might be a good addition to your spare parts superstar team but you can't really get a playoff team out of like three of those type of dudes.

I'd probably go for a bunch of rookies and take the Trust the Process route if I had to handle a disaster draft.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rockets don't really have any promising young players other than Capela though, and they'd for sure protect him

So maybe they wouldn't lose anyone

Nene would make no sense for sure, he's basically got one foot in retirement at this point and can't play back to backs or more than 10-15 mpg

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

who would you even protect on this dumpster roster :eyepop:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

who would you even protect on this dumpster roster :eyepop:

Collins, Schroder, Bellineli, Bazemore and um maybe Prince?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Collins because
https://youtu.be/H6XRPuSRix8
Seen him try this unsuccessfully during the regular season but he'll nail it eventually

Dejan Bimble posted:

Brooklyn Nets/Hens
D'angelo Russell
Caris LeVert
Allen Crabbe
Jarrett Allen
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Bulls might take on of their journeymen bigs or Sean Kilpatrick

List seems right but they probably want to keep Lin somehow

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 31, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Portland Trail Blazers /Male Gazers
My Friend told me that they're messy but great customers. Inside info, come to spend money, have fun, not bum around.

That makes these choices harder. They also seem to be a win now team.

Damian Lillard
Cj Mccollum
Jusuf Nurkic
Al-farouq Aminu
Ed Davis??

This roster sucks

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Portland Trail Blazers /Male Gazers
My Friend told me that they're messy but great customers. Inside info, come to spend money, have fun, not bum around.

That makes these choices harder. They also seem to be a win now team.

Damian Lillard
Cj Mccollum
Jusuf Nurkic
Al-farouq Aminu
Ed Davis??

This roster sucks

You don't think they'd protect the dude they just traded up to draft a few months ago?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i would like to be protected from ever seeing dennis schroeders face again

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hornets:

Nicolas Batum
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Frank Kaminsky
Malik Monk

Maybe?

Miami Heat
New Orleans Pels
Utah Jazz
Still unaccounted for if someone wants to take a crack

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Miami Heat:

Goran Dragic
Hassan Whiteside
Tyler Johnson
Justise Winslow
Bam Adebayo

I went with Adebayo because he's a lottery pick from this year and under control for awhile. He'd easily be scooped up by a team in a replacement draft. Waiters and James Johnson would be better players right now but not sure their contract are appealing or a huge loss for the Heat.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I mean for the Pellies it would be Davis, Cousins, Holliday and whichever 2 guys out of the rest of their irrelevant roster Davis is buddies with. We can debate which 2 that would be but bottom line is the Disaster Bulls won't be taking anyone off New Orleans' roster

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Jazz:

Gobert
Mitchell
Hood
Rubio
Jingles? Favors?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bobby Digital posted:

Jazz:

Gobert
Mitchell
Hood
Rubio
Jingles? Favors?

I'd say Ingles since Favors is a free agent after the season.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Good point

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

In that scenario the Bulls would probably take Favors and immediately look to trade him, right? That's another one of those spots where, if the rules allowed them to, the Jazz would hold a quick auction and unload Favors to the highest bidder to avoid losing him for nothing.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

EvanTH posted:

Warriors probably go with Durant, Green, Thompson Curry, Iguodala

I totes don't think the Warriors would protect Iguodala over McCaw or Jordan Bell, both of whom are pretty clearly designated within the organization as pieces of the near and coming future. Losing Iguodala also means they'd have enough cap space to retain McCaw as he goes into RFA next summer so it seems obvious they'd protect him. Bell looks real promising but he's a rookie with fewer than 10 games in him so probably no one would choose him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bobby Digital posted:

Jazz:

Gobert
Mitchell
Hood
Rubio
Jingles? Favors?

I might switch Mitchell for Burks because he's pretty good and his second contract will be cheap. Donovan Mitchell is as many basketball geniuses suspected, pretty good, but players who can do what healthy Burks does are expensive.

And Favor has to be 5 just because the organization is wedded to him

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Athanatos posted:

Hornets:

Nicolas Batum
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Frank Kaminsky
Malik Monk

Maybe?

Miami Heat
New Orleans Pels
Utah Jazz
Still unaccounted for if someone wants to take a crack

Woof, leaving Howard, MKG, AND Zeller unprotected. Not saying you're wrong but that's the three dudes on that team who play all the defense. I guess they can only lose one of them.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Brooklyn Nets

Charlotte Hornets

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Denver Nuggets

Detroit Pistons

Never Forget that the Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals with the first unanimous MVP

Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers

LA Clippers

Los Angeles Lakers

Memphis Grizzlies

Miami Heat

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Orleans Pelicans

New York Knicks

Oklahoma City Thunder

Orlando Magic

Philadelphia 76ers

Phoenix Suns

Portland Trail Blazers

Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs

Toronto Raptors

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

:effort:

if anyone wants the scraped data lemme know, its in json but if you ask nice i could make it be other things

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so who's gonna pick for the Bulls? or will it be a community effort to make the Bulls-iest roster?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Someone should pick the best possible roster going forward and then also draft who they think GarPax would take which is guys who were high draft picks that they haven't seen turn into busts the last couple years because they don't scout players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I figure everyone can throw up some team ideas. Starters, go ham and do all 15, whatever.

• Locked thread