Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Well for some the VOW flagship is going to be fun
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/924679724508565505

I will shill for VOW affiliate Shake them Ropes which is a much more chill version of the Flagship and about 3 hours shorter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i tried shake them ropes for like the second time ever today and their understanding of the women's wrestling market was hilarious. lanza is right

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Psychepath posted:

Don't be fooled by the op into listening to Smart Wrestling Fan. It's absolutely terrible.

Unless you like the first 30 minutes every week being promotion of their stalled patreon, and 80% of the remaining runtime nitpicking commentary and not understanding what they're watching.

Absolutely agreed. And it's not even goon affiliated any more since dshban is long gone.

They fell into the trap a lot of wrestling podcasts/review do, which is where they fantasy book every week and then when WWE doesn't do their fantasy booking the next week they poo poo all over the show until they're in another universe far away from the actual product.

Tights and Fights from MaximumFun was entertaining while I listened to it, but mostly because Hal and Danielle are genuinely funny. Warning: Danielle is a Sasha Banks fan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling on the MLW network is pretty fun and has a refreshingly different format than "wheezing shut-ins talk for 3+ hours". It's basically like Comedy Bang Bang but about wrestling, and it probably has the fewest Bad Opinions out of all the wrestlepods I listen to.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Go RV! posted:

The ones I listen to that aren't on that list:

We Watch Wrestling
: Three comedians talk about wrestling, are genuinely enthusiastic about it. One is a former WWE writer. They talk mainly about WWE, NJPW and way too much about PWG. Also features the best Vince impression out there. Comes out Wednesdays.

I like this show but I think Matt can be kind of overbearing sometimes

flashy_mcflash posted:

Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling on the MLW network is pretty fun and has a refreshingly different format than "wheezing shut-ins talk for 3+ hours". It's basically like Comedy Bang Bang but about wrestling, and it probably has the fewest Bad Opinions out of all the wrestlepods I listen to.

This ones my fave weekly wrestling show though. Way bigger on fun and jokes than most other wrestling shows I've listened to.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

They're a little too WWE oriented for my tastes but Marty's an awesome dude.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rip in peace, Pisscast

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

I tried it/accidentally downloaded it a few times. It simply isn't for me and that's okay. But I always hear very nice things about both from fans and indie wrestlers.

Anyway, Facelock Feministas is well worth recommending you are interested in UK Wrestling. Both hosts are American but they in the last year became converts to that scene and are pretty much the face of US Progress. Very intelligent and articulate analysis of Pro Wrestling by two underrepresented voices.
https://soundcloud.com/facelockfeministas
https://twitter.com/FacelockFemmes

Even you aren't interested show reviews their interviews are quite good standalone podcasts.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VRTL Pros is the only good wrestling podcast.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
The main two wrestling podcasts I listen to are Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard, and Solomonster Sounds Off, neither of which are in the OP. Shame.

Something to Wrestle has a ton of information and interesting tidbits from somebody who was in the WWE for years, even though sometimes I get the feeling Prichard is completely full of poo poo. (What Happened When is okay, but you can tell Tony wasn't nearly as involved in decision making that Prichard was.)

Solomonster is just... good. I don't know why I like his show so much. He has no real connections or insider information, he's just a lifelong fan talking about wrestling, but I look forward to his show every week.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

rovert posted:

I tried it/accidentally downloaded it a few times. It simply isn't for me and that's okay. But I always hear very nice things about both from fans and indie wrestlers.

Anyway, Facelock Feministas is well worth recommending you are interested in UK Wrestling. Both hosts are American but they in the last year became converts to that scene and are pretty much the face of US Progress. Very intelligent and articulate analysis of Pro Wrestling by two underrepresented voices.
https://soundcloud.com/facelockfeministas
https://twitter.com/FacelockFemmes

Even you aren't interested show reviews their interviews are quite good standalone podcasts.

Since those are some long-rear end episodes to leap into- any recommendations on best episodes to listen to for a newbie?

Also, Vodcasts should be discussed in this thread, no?

Therefore:

OSW Review: 3 irishmen chronologically critique wrestling storylines or eras, PPV by PPV. Disliked by some for percieved racism and sexism, they nevertheless have high production values, and a legion of fans allowing them to do this full time!

(someone previous mentioned The Nobodies, but here it is again)
Nobdies watching wrestling: Drag Queens reviewing wrestling. Questionable wrestling knowledge, high weave knowledge. If you want a sassy look at wrestling where the fashion is as important as the finishes, look no further!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

3 A.M. Radio posted:

The main two wrestling podcasts I listen to are Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard, and Solomonster Sounds Off, neither of which are in the OP. Shame.

Something to Wrestle has a ton of information and interesting tidbits from somebody who was in the WWE for years, even though sometimes I get the feeling Prichard is completely full of poo poo. (What Happened When is okay, but you can tell Tony wasn't nearly as involved in decision making that Prichard was.)

Solomonster is just... good. I don't know why I like his show so much. He has no real connections or insider information, he's just a lifelong fan talking about wrestling, but I look forward to his show every week.

Sup fellow Solomonster fan :hfive: There's just something about the whole package that works for me, maybe the best out of everything I listen to. It's also kind of refreshing to have a straight-up one-man show?

I think WrestleTalk's WrestleRamble podcast is also worth a look. Two extremely jovial brits just shooting the poo poo. I kind of look forward to the chats about non-wrestling related stuff more now to be honest, that's the level of rambling we're talking about here.

Also thanks very much for linking Music of the Mat, this kind of thing is exactly my poo poo!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 30, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

They're a little too WWE oriented for my tastes but Marty's an awesome dude.

I think that as Sarah has been exposed to more stuff and how both are involved with AAW in some way, they cover the indies quite a bit in the last few months or so. I think I like it because it straddles the line between a fan podcast and an industry one better than most.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Solomonster isn't bad. I can really only listen to him for recaps though. Something about the not having a co-host bothers me because a lot of the time is just him tossing ideas out into the void.

He's very accurate and detailed, which is pretty nice as he doesn't usually miss things or skip over details.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lapsed fan

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Updating the OP

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 30, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

marty does the backstage interviews at aaw, i think sarah did ring announcing at RISE one time but i don't foresee that being a regular thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All the fan podcasts are trash because they don't have me on the show.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I didn't see this coming

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/925028879403593728

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What nooooooo?! Pollock is probably second to Dave in terms of business analysis. Plus he just had a kid. Hope he's got another gig lined up.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Wow, that's really shocking. I found a lot of stuff on LAW intolerable but Pollock was great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

No joking around as I feel really mad about it all but I did for the last year or so. Anthem hosed Fight Network up quality and culture wise.

They are basically funding IMPACT with cuts from Fight Network.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I always laughed at TNA but that is really loving lovely. I hope he gets another position soon. Wasn't his name floated as one of the commentators for Wrestle Kingdom 9?

A classic Pollock moment:
https://youtu.be/90Nwy9DMS-0

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I’m surprised nobody mentioned the New Generation Project podcast. Three Leicester city fans go trough the new generation era with frequent diversions to WCW once Nitro starts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dang this sucks. Always appreciated the amount of content the site had, but Pollock was the only one there I could ever really get interested in

I hope he does another podcast show elsewhere eventually

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Seconded on Virtual Pros.

Here's a description of that, and another wrestling podcast I enjoy, in the format of the OP.

Virtual Pros: A pro wrestling show for "real people", Al & Mike are fans who come from the VHS tape trading era. They love Japanese wrestling merch and indie wrestling road trips, they hate most Internet Wrestling Fans, but they design some pretty sweet t-shirts. Every week, they talk the wrestling world, their own likes and dislikes, and the latest additions to the VRTLPROS Mixtape, an ongoing playlist on YouTube of random matches, weird wrestling ephemera, and YouTube shooters.

The Rough House Podcast: Justin is the host of a major market morning radio show. Christoff is the ex production guy at the same station, who had to abandon his dreams of broadcasting. Together, they tear apart the world of wrestling every week, but usually end up complaining about their lives in incredibly filthy ways.

Enjoy!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I wish him well in his future endeavours.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OGB posted:

The Rough House Podcast: Justin is the host of a major market morning radio show. Christoff is the ex production guy at the same station, who had to abandon his dreams of broadcasting. Together, they tear apart the world of wrestling every week, but usually end up complaining about their lives in incredibly filthy ways.
I stopped listening to this one after they spent half an episode complaining that not enough people supported their Patreon.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Endless Mike posted:

I stopped listening to this one after they spent half an episode complaining that not enough people supported their Patreon.

Fair - they (Justin in particular) got real lovely about the Patreon for a while there. FWIW, it's barely mentioned these days.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Effective immediately, Live Audio Wrestling (The LAW) is being placed on a short hiatus. The program will be relaunched with a new format in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
https://fightnetwork.com/law/law-update/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

A headline last week

https://t.co/GtAUziYmaw

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am Legit Mad On The Internet if loving TNA is the reason Pollock is gone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Weren't Nitro and Thunder also a 'short hiatus'?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Anthem owns Fight Network, correct? Yikes.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So TNA has killed Live Audio Wrestling now? How many years has that show been going on for now? Jesus.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/agnewjason/status/925090548150603776

😳😳😳

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Deleted, what was it?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

The OSW Review episode on Halloween Havoc 1995 is my favorite piece of wrestling related content ever created. That is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrNDr9e2K4

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

dsriggs posted:

Deleted, what was it?

Agnew saying RIP The LAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Fentry posted:

The OSW Review episode on Halloween Havoc 1995 is my favorite piece of wrestling related content ever created. That is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrNDr9e2K4

Agreed. A show that ludicrous needed the full OSW treatment, which they got.