Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Squallege posted:

I think if items weren't allowed Roshi popping people into bottles would've been cheating.

It was. Champa called him out on it and tried to have Universe 7 judged for it, but the Zenos thought it was cool so it was declared legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I just remembered when GT brought Freeza/Cell back and how stupidly horrible that was and didn't match their personalities (or abilities) at all.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was. Champa called him out on it and tried to have Universe 7 judged for it, but the Zenos thought it was cool so it was declared legal.

Huh, must've missed that. At least now that brings credence to the rule of cool

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Squallege posted:

Huh, must've missed that. At least now that brings credence to the rule of cool

Specifically, they cleared it because Beerus said it was an "accessory". And, what are earrings if not accessories?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbh it would have made a lot more sense if Champa had taught them the Fusion Dance before the tournament. U6 is a mirror to U7 so it's not a stretch to assume that Metamorans exist there as well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TrilliontonNixon posted:

tbh it would have made a lot more sense if Champa had taught them the Fusion Dance before the tournament. U6 is a mirror to U7 so it's not a stretch to assume that Metamorans exist there as well.

Even if they do, there's no reason why Champa would know they can fuse together. He didn't even know about Frost, emperor of the universe, showing that he knows even less about his universe than Beerus who at least knew fully well about Freeza, he just didn't care.

Meanwhile, it'd make very little sense if Champa didn't know about the Potara considering they're godly artifacts used by the fatass his life is linked to.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://twitter.com/HellPockets/status/925036700681695232

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Obviously faked. That attack should have done nothing to Nappa. :colbert:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

This game is so loving mean.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Darko posted:

I just remembered when GT brought Freeza/Cell back and how stupidly horrible that was and didn't match their personalities (or abilities) at all.

I still can't get over Goku being all "tsk tsk, I thought you two were better than that" over Freeza and Cell stealing techniques.
That's Cell's entire thing! And Freeza has no sense of honor! And he already used the Kienzan on Namek anyway!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

that's also Goku's entire thing, the gently caress

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love how GT seemed to think the villains would some how get weaker after they died

It's not like Goku was STRONGER in base form in GT. They spent a good long time going over how he really wasn't and how he could only surpass his DBZ era strength when he got his adult body back with SSJ4

And yeah, Kale's skin getting lighter when she transforms is unfortunate and really weird.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Burkion posted:

I love how GT seemed to think the villains would some how get weaker after they died

And then Super shits on that with Freiza outright training himself superior in Hell with pure mental hate

If they include SSj4 in some form, it'll be my personal confirmation they did inf act murder GT to harvest its gross organs for a better purpose

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Burkion posted:

It's not like Goku was STRONGER in base form in GT. They spent a good long time going over how he really wasn't and how he could only surpass his DBZ era strength when he got his adult body back with SSJ4

And yeah, Kale's skin getting lighter when she transforms is unfortunate and really weird.

Kale is pretty consistent with "everything gets pale as a shorthand for glowing" that they mostly used on OG DBZ. Super Saiyan hair was often practically white. That said, I agree that it's a bad look. Let Kale Be Brown!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Between that and the spammable Shin Kihoko, Tien is very quickly climbing my "I don't care how bad they are I have to use them" tier list

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pureauthor posted:

Obviously faked. That attack should have done nothing to Nappa. :colbert:

Ah, but don't you see? Chiaotzu has been training for four months on how to explode better.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Chiaotzu's eyes having tears in them is amazing and I have to give arcs credit once again for their amazing attention to detail.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/925077459153797120

Video of it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Chiaotzu's Warm Salty Tears posted:

The controls are made accessible so everyone can enjoy fighting in battle

Future Gohan smiling glad in the afterlife shortly before he's erased from existence

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think zen-oh erased future universe 7 proper since when they get back theres cosmic stuff floating around iirc. I think he just blew poo poo up in an immature fashion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

I don't think zen-oh erased future universe 7 proper since when they get back theres cosmic stuff floating around iirc. I think he just blew poo poo up in an immature fashion.

He erased everything period. He is all that’s left

What does a non existent multiverse look like anyway

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kashuno posted:

He erased everything period. He is all that’s left

What does a non existent multiverse look like anyway

Apparently it's a massive sparkling void of rainbow entropy

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So in Dragon Ball Z's anime it is explained that Goku became good by hitting his head and losing his memories and thus being a optimistic carefree child. But from what I understand, that isn't how it happened in the manga?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

So in Dragon Ball Z's anime it is explained that Goku became good by hitting his head and losing his memories and thus being a optimistic carefree child. But from what I understand, that isn't how it happened in the manga?

It was until Toriyama retconned it fairly recently.

I guess he realized brain damage wasn't a great thing to make some one a good person, so instead Grandpa Gohan was just a good person who taught Goku not to be a little poo poo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Didn't Dragonball Minus basically made it Superman and retcon that Bardock was actually a good Sayian among the blood thirsty ones?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Shindragon posted:

Didn't Dragonball Minus basically made it Superman and retcon that Bardock was actually a good Sayian among the blood thirsty ones?

If he was so good, they why was Raditz such an rear end in a top hat?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I thought he wasn't a 'good' Saiyan, just a guy who looked at this whole deal and went "No actually, gently caress this, no"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Also he still fell and hit his head and got amnesia, I guess, but not outright brain damage that changed his personality.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even if they do, there's no reason why Champa would know they can fuse together. He didn't even know about Frost, emperor of the universe, showing that he knows even less about his universe than Beerus who at least knew fully well about Freeza, he just didn't care.

Meanwhile, it'd make very little sense if Champa didn't know about the Potara considering they're godly artifacts used by the fatass his life is linked to.
Why does Champa have to be the source here? I would guess Hit, who presumably had to go kill all kinds of people. He would have no use for the fusion technique but could well have said "Hey Fatso, we need to go get a consult from these guys. *looks meaningfully at the schoolgirls* Trust me."

re: Bardock, he seemed to be "humane" for a Saiyan; he had a committed spouse and in the special he had team spirit.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2017/10/30/bulma-confirmed-for-dragon-ball-fighterz.html

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurui Reiten posted:

Also he still fell and hit his head and got amnesia, I guess, but not outright brain damage that changed his personality.

The whole amnesia thing is one of those things that wouldn't have ever been necessary in the hands of a more farsighted author. It would have been a far more compelling story if Kakarot had come to Earth as your usual lovely saiyan kid, but wound up learning to be a good person as the plot went on. Basically, Vegeta's character arc should have been Goku's.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Her supers better involve:
Shooting people in the face
Massive Bribery
all the capsules. every single capsule.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TrilliontonNixon posted:

The whole amnesia thing is one of those things that wouldn't have ever been necessary in the hands of a more farsighted author. It would have been a far more compelling story if Kakarot had come to Earth as your usual lovely saiyan kid, but wound up learning to be a good person as the plot went on. Basically, Vegeta's character arc should have been Goku's.

On the other hand I feel like it's been a strange but interesting look into the idea of Goku having CHANGED in that moment, and the consequence is this man we have now, who will not and can not stop fighting, even as it literally destroys the multiverse around him. It's like he hit his head and got locked in there. Forever that child in some way. And this is the first time Goku is being challenged on it and feeling something isn't right with how life is going.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

"Bulma is listed as one of the playable characters alongside Goku, Frieza, Vegeta and Majin Buu."

god drat loving right she deserves to be listed alongside those four

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Dragon Ball went for sixteen volumes before aliens were even explicitly introduced, before that it was the lighthearted adventures of a carefree monkey boy. Goku following Vegeta's arc would not have been a better take on the same story, it would have just been an entirely different story.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Kinda. He at least had a loving relationship with his wife and actually cared about goku.

The ova version is my preferred telling since it's way more interesting.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bardock the 'great scientist' > Bardock the great scientist

I like Goku being raised good rather than just getting donked on the head, the implication that he was otherwise just genetically destined to be evil is pretty nasty

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bardock sucks

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

multijoe posted:

Dragon Ball went for sixteen volumes before aliens were even explicitly introduced, before that it was the lighthearted adventures of a carefree monkey boy. Goku following Vegeta's arc would not have been a better take on the same story, it would have just been an entirely different story.

That's kinda what I'm getting at. Toriyama never plans out his stories, so you end up with all kinds of haphazard patches like this.

"So it turns out that Goku was actually sent by aliens to depopulate the Earth."

"Then why wasn't he doing that in Dragon Ball?"

"Uhhhh he hit his head and forgot!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It’s fantasy you can bullshit Saiyan kids being sublimated crazy by tech in their pods or whatever, and gently caress, Saiyans ARE naturally violent, fight obsessed, and domineering, and Goku still didn’t lose it, it was just tempered by Gohan, Rossi, Krillin, and mild brain damage