Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

If I recall, the usual Solomon Grundy has impressive regeneration abilities. Him growing his hand back should've been a non-issue. I gotta say though, he seems pretty...underwhelming. Basically a big, not particularly muscle-bound guy covered in flour. Still, better than a CG Grundy, so I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that Arrow also did a Solomon Grundy in s2 and it was just a mook who was named Cyrus Gold and got dosed with a super soldier serum.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I did laugh at the Hobos listening to a victrola of Solomon Grundy.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I did laugh at the Hobos listening to a victrola of Solomon Grundy.

As fast as they set that whole thing up I'm expecting Penguin to just hold a meeting of bad guys and start handing out super villain names and costumes

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

VictorianQueerLit posted:

As fast as they set that whole thing up I'm expecting Penguin to just hold a meeting of bad guys and start handing out super villain names and costumes
That's pretty much how it happened in the comics, though.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

VictorianQueerLit posted:

That would be going full Guild of Calamitous Intent.

Maybe the twist for this series is that it's actually a live action Venture Bros. and not Batman at all--it's just a bunch of coincidences, that's all. Totally unintentional.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

tarlibone posted:

That would be going full Guild of Calamitous Intent.

Maybe the twist for this series is that it's actually a live action Venture Bros. and not Batman at all--it's just a bunch of coincidences, that's all. Totally unintentional.

Haha lil Master B is gonna leap off a roof with an umbrella and die, only for Alfred to fetch a clone slug of Bruce from some secret lab beneath Wayne Manor

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
If Ras is an immortal lich I don't think killing him is really murder. More like... helping nature take it's course.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Gatekeeper posted:

Haha lil Master B is gonna leap off a roof with an umbrella and die, only for Alfred to fetch a clone slug of Bruce from some secret lab beneath Wayne Manor

I mean, we've already got a Bruce clone running around, sooo...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:catstare:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You're going to have to be more specific

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gordon totally noticed the grenade and string yet kept pulling.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

You're going to have to be more specific

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gotcha

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm a bit disappointed in how much they toned down Professor Pyg, but still liked the episode overall. Victor is still amazing, but I gotta roll my eyes at Lee STILL being around.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Welp, bye bye Maggie. Looks like we're getting another new Poison Ivy

https://iearths.blogspot.ca/2017/10/peyton-list-joins-gotham-as-poison-ivy.html

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JUST INTRODUCE A NEW CHARACTER NAMED PAMELA ISELY!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Clare Foley b. 2001
Maggie Geha b. 1988
Peyton List b. 1998

So what, Clare wasn't old enough, and Maggie was too old?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wrong Peyton List.

This one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0514228

Not this one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2572554

No idea how there are two professional actresses with the same goddamn name though. Usually one of them has to use something different to stop confusion like this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Wrong Peyton List.

This one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0514228

Not this one: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2572554

No idea how there are two professional actresses with the same goddamn name though. Usually one of them has to use something different to stop confusion like this.

No poo poo. This is what SAG is for!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's not even a common name either.

It's a "no my son is also named Bort" situation.

So what silly reason are they going to use to explain why Ivy suddenly changes appearance again?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume all those drugs she took (and then promptly disappeared)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

twistedmentat posted:

It's not even a common name either.

It's a "no my son is also named Bort" situation.

So what silly reason are they going to use to explain why Ivy suddenly changes appearance again?

They already showed her face morphing when she took the ancient Chinese secret drugs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh forgot about that. I wonder why they're changing actors, again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yikes no posts all show.

It was.... OK.

Crazy new hitman was cool

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Yikes no posts all show.

It was.... OK.

Crazy new hitman was cool

Shame about the new hit man though.

Bruce is really leaning into the playboy life style.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Davros1 posted:

It's just nice to see Penguin do something bloodthirsty and violent again.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Bruce is really leaning into the playboy life style.

I had to look it up, but I thought the song that they were drinking to might have been older than the kids themselves. For some reason I thought it came out in the late 90s, but Spifire came out in 2005.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It's just nice to see Penguin do something bloodthirsty and violent again.

Speaking of, the establishing shot between Headhunter getting shivved and Bruce partying down showed a building with a giant green Q on it. Is that an actual building? Because my first thought was Queen Consolidated. I know this show isn’t much into establishing a larger DC universe, I just thought it would be a neat touch.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I feel like this show is starting to take itself too seriously (Typing even though literally a dude shot in the head without a hand was reborn in the swamps with a hand). Hopefully someone knows what I mean? It's like it's being serious and silly instead of silly and serious. I still like it but give me another Army of Penguins scene or something every once and awhile please, there's no fun, goofy surprises anymore.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Barreft posted:

I feel like this show is starting to take itself too seriously (Typing even though literally a dude shot in the head without a hand was reborn in the swamps with a hand). Hopefully someone knows what I mean? It's like it's being serious and silly instead of silly and serious. I still like it but give me another Army of Penguins scene or something every once and awhile please, there's no fun, goofy surprises anymore.
I dunno, I feel like the whole "Riddler is stupid" situation fits the bill on that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that I think is kind of a flaw this season is the plots are getting a little too spread out. Everyone is off doing things that are barely connected to each other anymore.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love how seriously everyone but Jim is taking Penguin's criminal licenses. It's serious and silly enough for me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gotham EMTs are worse than its cops. They didn't notice that guys injuries were fake?

I did like the cop at the end telling the criminal they're not accepting the licenses anymore.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

twistedmentat posted:

Gotham EMTs are worse than its cops. They didn't notice that guys injuries were fake?

I did like the cop at the end telling the criminal they're not accepting the licenses anymore.

The pig guy was the EMT, not the hurt cop passenger.

Edit: Actually not, I'm an idiot. I got thrown because the establishing shot with the phone call shows a guy on the bed in the back and completely forgot him taking off the bandages.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 5, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I got the impression that Pyg actually stuck himself, just not seriously. I mean, they showed something sticking out of his chest.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Okay, this is loving awesome.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Uh.

Grundy just ripped that dude's loving arm off and beat him with it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Zebulon posted:

Uh.

Grundy just ripped that dude's loving arm off and beat him with it.

"Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That was gruesome.

Why would anyone fight Grundy at this point?

• Locked thread