Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If I remember it right, Gail absolutely loved working for TNA and only went back to WWE in the first place because they offered her more money than TNA could reasonably counter. She was quickly miserable again and got out as soon as she could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

I remember Matt Striker calling her finisher the "Saigon Slam" or something (Gail Kim is not Vietnamese)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Jerry Lynn has always been the wrestler's wrestler. Hell, ROH tried to hook him up with a top babyface spot and the crowds went ugly on him.

In fairness that was a bit past Jerry's prime, plus everyone knew it was them trying to latch onto "The Wrestler".

Gonzo McFee posted:

ROH crowds always go ugly on top babyfaces eventually.

That too. Especially if they win the title.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness that was a bit past Jerry's prime, plus everyone knew it was them trying to latch onto "The Wrestler".

That too. Especially if they win the title.

The angle kind of explicitly tied itself to The Wrestler and Randy the Ram so it's not like they meant it to be a secret.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Am I misremembering, or did Jerry Lynn win when everyone was ready for Tyler Black to win, then by the time Tyler won the belt people were tired of waiting and turned on him?

Not that that would have stopped ROH fans being ROH fans and turning on p. much every babyface ever, of course.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lynn and Aries both won when fans wanted Black instead, yes

Aries won in a match with Black even, held it for a while, and even retained against Black in a one hour time limit draw everyone knew was going an hour by like minute 25 and booed a bunch for it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Black's time to win it was Final Battle 09 in that draw and they hosed it up. It was fine to delay it until then, but he peaked there. It's a shame since the match and storyline at the following Anniversary show he won it was extremely good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the fans never turned on jay briscoe

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

the fans never turned on jay briscoe

only because jay turned heel irl

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Keep the direct talk about it/John Pollock to the podcast thread.

But it is worth noting TNA killed Review A Wai seemingly as Anthem has made cutbacks to the Fight Network to fund IMPACT.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/925028879403593728

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pollock losing his job because Jarrett couldn't keep sober long enough to not piss off every US wrestling promoter is bullshit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/925121587061276672

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Go to Mexico and be a mini, Spud

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
#RockstarSpud

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

He's finally free :unsmith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
TNA is eventually going to release their whole roster and still somehow stay in business.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rhonne posted:

TNA is eventually going to release their whole roster and still somehow stay in business.

Schrödinger's promotion

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer is citing the black hole that is TNA:

quote:

Very sorry to report that Live Audio Wrestling has been canceled and John Pollock and Jason Agnew were let go by The Fight Network. It's sad that the Impact acquisition has devastated Anthem's television network, first losing Robin Black and now Pollock, who is the total real deal as a reporter. I've been doing that show every weekend for 19 years and have enjoyed it greatly. John, Jason and Dan Lovranski have been great to work with and I wish the best to all of them.

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-raw-ratings-law-njpw-junior-tag-team-tournament-245381

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I really like how the lucha announcers pronounce Spud as "spood". He should go to CMLL and take Johnny Idol's spot

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I said similar last week

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/925150250939039744

Even if no one was saying anything Spud isn't someone count out at all.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
In light of this news I have asked Jru to update title to "BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Spud good? Saw him at Wrestle Circus a couple weeks back and he mostly did a lot of talking/stalling, comedy stuff, and calling people bitches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spud would honestly be good for 205

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I really like how the lucha announcers pronounce Spud as "spood". He should go to CMLL and take Johnny Idol's spot

would rather see him work Pierrothito tbh

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Phenix Rising posted:

Is Spud good? Saw him at Wrestle Circus a couple weeks back and he mostly did a lot of talking/stalling, comedy stuff, and calling people bitches.

He's a decent talent but he's honestly really good at character work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He’s like a less assholish Enzo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd say he's a huge upgrade on Enzo. He can be obnoxious but he can also be likable and he can actually wrestle a match well. He's not great but he's totally fine and he had a couple of really good matches with EC3 and Angle when there was a real story and stuff.

He's not going to wow anyone or anything, and he could easily get annoying. But he's a good hand for 203, I think.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
poo poo listening to the LAW after PPVs was my favorite thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strawberry Panda posted:

poo poo listening to the LAW after PPVs was my favorite thing.

Before my cheap rear end got a subscription to The Observer, I used to listen to the Dave segments of their post-PPV shows and I always enjoyed them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

STAC Goat posted:

I'd say he's a huge upgrade on Enzo. He can be obnoxious but he can also be likable and he can actually wrestle a match well. He's not great but he's totally fine and he had a couple of really good matches with EC3 and Angle when there was a real story and stuff.

He's not going to wow anyone or anything, and he could easily get annoying. But he's a good hand for 203, I think.

Him vs EC3 in the Hair vs Hair match a few years age was a really drat good match. It was the antithesis of the average TNA storyline where it was well worked, the feud was hot and compelling.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It sounds like an insult to say that Spud would be a great fit for 205 Live, but he totally would be. I don't know what the cruisers get paid, but I wonder how comparable it is compared to what he could get with a regular indy schedule.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA morale high
https://twitter.com/therealec3/status/925110570688401408
https://twitter.com/therealec3/status/925187178665336832

Warthur
May 2, 2004

rovert posted:

Earlier in the thread watching the show and before reading the reviews I thought IMPACT's new format was a flop. The ratings and subsequent reviews back that up

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/10/28/impact-hits-misses-1026-company-jeff-jarrett-used-charge-proudly-presents-random-nonsense-two-hours/
They seriously do not have a single loving plan in place for Bound for Glory, do they? I cannot believe they intended that to be the go home show unless all the poo poo that's happened since the latest TV tapings has completely derailed their plans - but even then, they could at least have recorded a bunch of promos to actually sell the drat PPV. Would not be surprised if this thing ended up being booked on the morning of the show, because goodness knows they're probably not going to know who they actually have to work with until wrestlers start showing up at the venue.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The go home is tomorrow.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

The go home is tomorrow.

Half expecting Anthem to force wrestlers to cut cell phone promos and tweet them out. Unpaid of course.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

coconono posted:

Half expecting Anthem to force wrestlers to cut cell phone promos and tweet them out. Unpaid of course.

Worked for TLC.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA stuff per PWInsider:

Callis denied he's leaving New Japan but didn't deny he's coming to TNA
During a visit to NOAH, they stopped off at a New Japan show. D'Amore talked to everyone and said they'd love to reestablish a relationship. While there, Scott specifically apologized to Okada for how he was treated during his TNA run
Tessa Blanchard will be at the tapings. Unsurprisingly, Ricochet won't
Sami Callihan will debut there, as was teased

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope, hope, hope New Japan isn't stupid enough to establish a relationship with TNA again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I would buy Bound For Glory on PPV if they showed that apology in full.