Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Can't wait to spend €499 on a Xbone Pro (that I preordered).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Same, amigo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just want to know when they are going to take $500 out of my account. It falls between paychecks and I need to know if I have to move some money.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Technically all money spending is between paychecks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

499 is what? 3 regular xbox?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You guys should have taken advantage of that Gamestop ridiculous trade in "glitch" a few months ago. New Xbox One X only ended up costing me about $180 out of pocket :D*

*But the $180 I used my Amazon reward points on cause I use that card for all of my bills each month and get like $70 in amazon credit back a month. So out of pocket costs = $3 :lol:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

You guys should have taken advantage of that Gamestop ridiculous trade in "glitch" a few months ago. New Xbox One X only ended up costing me about $180 out of pocket :D*

*But the $180 I used my Amazon reward points on cause I use that card for all of my bills each month and get like $70 in amazon credit back a month. So out of pocket costs = $3 :lol:

That's some mad coupon skills.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Eh I just cancelled my One X off amazon. I'll just stroll into Gamestop on the second week of November and trade my One in right then and there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Another example of why I'm buying an X despite having a good PC: at the end of a gruelling 20 minute rapid QTE nightmare boss battle in Shadow of War, the game minimized to tell me I had a fuckin driver update to install. While I was scrambling to get the keyboard (living room set up) I was killed, with the game still not showing anything but sound. My hands are killing me from doing that poo poo over again.

True 4K/60fps is amazing but gently caress PC gaming.

Otherwise, Shadow of War is pretty cool despite that lovely end boss battle (not technically end boss, but probably should be, from what I've heard). I liked it a lot more than the last one.

I agree. I have a GTX 1080 and the graphics are super pretty. True 4K is awesome and all, but PC gaming constantly just doesn't work. I was going through GTA V when one day an update just bricked the game. Spent 2 days scrounging all over the internet to get the game working again, constantly trying various fixes and such. Never worked. Waited a month and a half later and it just magically worked again.

Or the black screen of death I dealt with in Arkham Knight for 2 weeks.

Or the occasional pop up or background process that would minimize my gaming window for no reason that is ALWAYS given to happen within a couple of hours of playing something despite all of the research I've put in of all of my computer's background processes (which range from Plex server, to cloud backups, to general use, to work use, to etc).

Then, because the living room experience on my 65" KS8000 + 7.1 Denon surround sound is >>>>>>>>> than my 40" 4K TV I use as a 3rd monitor above my computer monitors (let's not get started about games going retard on computers having multiple monitors), I run a 100ft HDMI cable with a powered repeater to the living room. I was playing my PC games like that in 4K with no problem. But, then a few months later, it magically doesn't work anymore. Got a Steam Link, but I'm not gonna freakin' playing a pixelated 1080P image off my GTX 1080 while having noticeable controller lag.

Long story short, I am very pleased with my Xbox One X arriving in a week.

You know why console gaming is superior to PC gaming?

Because every time you turn on your console, your game works. It always works. No worrying about restarting your computer or shutting down programs or waiting for your roommate to finish up streaming a movie off your pc because Doom is getting choppy while your PC is transcoding.

It works.

The only thing that's cooler about PC gaming is building an emulator box of older console games.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 30, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

89 posted:

Because your game works. It always works.

This has increasingly not been the case this gen (on both XB1 and PS4) but at least the problem isn't something that you're ultimately responsible for (or led to believe that it is when it isn't) like increasingly happens on PC. I built a gaming-only living room PC to ensure it had nothing installed other than software explicitly for gaming, and even that hasn't been perfect.

Also it's nice that the consoles will actually do updates in sleep mode and don't need time to decrypt pre-load files.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

univbee posted:

This has increasingly not been the case this gen (on both XB1 and PS4) but at least the problem isn't something that you're ultimately responsible for (or led to believe that it is when it isn't) like increasingly happens on PC. I built a gaming-only living room PC to ensure it had nothing installed other than software explicitly for gaming, and even that hasn't been perfect.
Yeah, at least if something doesn't work on your console, it's not your fault and a patch usually is on the way. With PC gaming, there's infinite reasons why your game isn't working and it's usually something to do with your computer's unique setup. So, no playing Overwatch while you have 2 hours before you have to go to work and your next day off is Sunday before you can spend 3-4 hours on various forums and reddits before you figure out the reason your game wasn't working is because ONE random file was listed as Read Only for some reason, who knows what the gently caress.

I don't have a million years to troubleshoot why my poo poo isn't working. If I have time to game, my poo poo better work. Cause I don't have the time to troubleshoot it like I used to when I was younger.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 30, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Even just loading a game up. I can be like "Alexa, turn on Xbox One".

- TV turns on
- Surround sound turns on
- Xbox turns on
- Inputs are set in the right situation
*Xbox Home Screen Appears*

Where as, "Alexa, turn on PC"

- TV turns on
- Surround sound turns on
- Inputs are set in the right situation
"Ah poo poo, the PC is sleeping, hold on."
- Runs to bedroom, wakes up PC
- Runs back to living room, hits Steam Big Screen
"Ah poo poo, a Steam update broke the feature that sets the monitor that you turn on Steam Big Screen on as the default monitor!"
- Runs back to bedroom, goes into Steam settings on 2nd monitor to change the default monitor back to the living room screen
*Steam Big Screen Appears*
- Loads game...

"Ah poo poo, black screen." :v:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
sorry youre bad at computer, enjoy your xbonx

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm going to cancel my xbonx order because all my dumb RL friends started playing PC games and ugh now I have to have like 13 different discords and battlenets and bungiecom and steam and twitch going at all times just to get killed in Rozhok constantly every 11.75 minutes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's always the guy that somehow has the money to buy a top tier rig but isn't smart enough to update drivers, or uses the infamous broken port of Arkham knight as an example of anything, or can't figure out that maybe they patched GTAV in the months he didn't play it. It's such a waste.

At least Microsoft doesn't ship broken, non functional games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

RBX posted:

At least Microsoft doesn't ship broken, non functional games.

lol

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
How does multiple Xbox live account work on the console work? My brother has a much bigger game selection than I do but he doesn't have time to play anymore. Can I log into his account to get access to his games while I still have my account on there?

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lostleaf posted:

How does multiple Xbox live account work on the console work? My brother has a much bigger game selection than I do but he doesn't have time to play anymore. Can I log into his account to get access to his games while I still have my account on there?

You can play your games on your PRIMARY system (in settings) and on any other system that you are LOGGED in to.

So to share your games, you'd either have to log in as your brother or make your xbox HIS primary console, which will then let you use games he owns digitally.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its spelled mcc now

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anyone who has an issue while playing on pc is soooooooo dumb!!! I am very smart and therefore stop technical issues from happening in advance somehow!!

Also Sony kinda dunked on xbox today eh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If he's def not gonna play anymore and you want to have all his games available offline youre also allowed to switch which console that account considers its primary/home console, but you can only do it once per year or so. Havent done it in a while but it looked like the option was still available.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Anyone who has an issue while playing on pc is soooooooo dumb!!! I am very smart and therefore stop technical issues from happening in advance somehow!!

I have a PS4 but am getting a BoneX to make the 4K jump. I think Microsoft is really getting its rear end kicked by exclusives, particularly timed exclusives for Destiny and the one month advance on maps for Call of Duty. They have next to no exclusives while Sony continues to fund all kinds. BoneX can’t even really do 4K60fps for most games. Sony just has to wait 12-18 months and release a true 4K PS5 and it will eat Microsoft’s lunch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Balthesar posted:

I have a PS4 but am getting a BoneX to make the 4K jump. I think Microsoft is really getting its rear end kicked by exclusives, particularly timed exclusives for Destiny and the one month advance on maps for Call of Duty. They have next to no exclusives while Sony continues to fund all kinds. BoneX can’t even really do 4K60fps for most games. Sony just has to wait 12-18 months and release a true 4K PS5 and it will eat Microsoft’s lunch.

Sony is probably riding ps4 family into the next decade as long as ms' best play to fight back is 500 dollar consoles.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Balthesar posted:

I was planning on selling my ps4 pro after I get the X since it's been collecting dust but Sony sure knows how to reel me back in.

And yeah the X is toast if the ps5 comes out soon.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
My display name on Twitter is Malcolm "Xbox One" X; I think it will be like that for a very long time. I'm excited for the Xbonex even though I won't be getting one at launch. Sucks that you have to buy the Kinect adapter to use Kinect tho

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Thanks for the info. My original plan was to login as him and also login as me and download games from both accounts. It doesn't seem like that would work well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

My display name on Twitter is Malcolm "Xbox One" X

Martin luther sneak king jr.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

My display name on Twitter is Malcolm "Xbox One" X; I think it will be like that for a very long time. I'm excited for the Xbonex even though I won't be getting one at launch. Sucks that you have to buy the Kinect adapter to use Kinect tho

my xbox gt is xbox unsuck, signing in with kinect is always good

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm sure that Sony, with all the exclusives and lead over Microsoft, will hold on the PS5 while the XbonX tries to not sink the ship definately. I'm waiting till next year to upgrade my PS4 Slim to a PRO and get a XboneX so I can play (I hope) better my 360 games and the few games in interested from MS.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The only exclusive Sony has is no games so I don't see how that's an advantage.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

fishmech posted:

No backlog. It's liberating.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fishmech posted:

Oh hey a YCS post circa 2008

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Wait what happened

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

So now my S is matching my base model in not letting me hit Y to rearrange my rows of icons below the main screen. It has also added my two recent game purchases to the list, pushing pins even further down. What is with this

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Zelder posted:

Wait what happened

Big conference where they showed off a Spider Man game with no release date, God of War, Last of US 2 (3?), some samurai game, and dlc for HZD.

Typical Sony stuff of dangling games in front of you for years before ever making good on their promise or cancelling them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

Big conference where they showed off a Spider Man game with no release date, God of War, Last of US 2 (3?), some samurai game, and dlc for HZD.

Typical Sony stuff of dangling games in front of you for years before ever making good on their promise or cancelling them.

Xbox, snap this hot take.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
God of War loses a lot when you're not amazed they got a PS2 to do that

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I have a PS4 and the only game that interests me is Spider Man but I’m not hype train about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What kind of company would just cancel games like that, typical Sony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

What kind of company would just cancel games like that, typical Sony

I still can't believe Sony cancelled Scalebound after hyping it at so many E3's.