Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

maniacripper posted:

Where are you guys finding Sherpas in different sizes? All I see here at Davie Costco is 60x70

There’s two brands I think. Life comfort Ultimate Sherpa Throw which is the 60x70. Then Monte & Jardin Sherpa blanket which comes in sizes. I have a king and love it. 112x92 bitches.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I bought one of the 60x70 Ultimate sherpa throws last weekend to surprise my wife. She came along today, we now have a second Ultimate, and a queen sized one as well. She thinks we need to buy more as Christmas gifts as well.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

The sea of humanity though

No poo poo, if I want to go to my Costco on a weekend, I've got to be there when it opens. Mid-afternoon, the place is an unbearable madhouse.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

slave to my cravings posted:

Went to a different Costco today and got another queen and king Sherpa (we have three total now). Also got a new shark vacuum 30$ off, a new outdoor LED porch light for 8$ and a bunch of laundry detergent. This Costco had chili at the food court so I got that and a dog and made a chili dog. Costco is always coming up with new ways to surprise me. PBUC.

Let me know how that shark vacuum is, i'm in the market for a new vacuum and that looks pretty nice.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Let me know how that shark vacuum is, i'm in the market for a new vacuum and that looks pretty nice.

I've had a Shark for 5 years that I bought at Costco, and I love it. I can only imagine that they have gotten better since then.

Bum the Sad posted:

There’s two brands I think.

They have had a few different brands of "ridiculously soft blankets that cats love" over the years. In addition to my Sherpa, I bought one that is low-pile (no "fleece"), and it's just as soft and cozy as the Sherpa. If anything, the cat likes that one better.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

There’s two brands I think. Life comfort Ultimate Sherpa Throw which is the 60x70. Then Monte & Jardin Sherpa blanket which comes in sizes. I have a king and love it. 112x92 bitches.

I have the Ultimate Sherpa and it's great. It was only $15. How much are you guys paying for the other brand?

Mo_Steel posted:

I have a Shark Rotator Professional that I got from Costco and it's excellent. I've heard it compared to those extremely overpriced Dysons.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Mo_Steel posted:

The one we got was the navigator lift-away Shark. I like it so far. It is definitely better than our old Hoover wind tunnel. The detachable lift-away canister is nice for stairs or high places. The wheels are nice and swively and it is easy to maneuver. Dust disposal is also easy. The only weird part is the extension arm and pet brush accessories don't have a storage spot on the vacuum itself. Overall it seems to be worth the 120$.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have the Ultimate Sherpa and it's great. It was only $15. How much are you guys paying for the other brand?

The giant king size one was $25 I think. Maybe the Queen was $20.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Prime NY Strip grilled with naan (also grilled) and using the naan to soak up the drippings of said steak is one of my favorite pleasures in life.
Costco does indeed, provide.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Currently posting from under a Sherpa throw, can confirm it's good

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Bought a Shark vacuum last year when they were like $70 off and can confirm it is very good, no complaints.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Bought a Shark vacuum last year when they were like $70 off and can confirm it is very good, no complaints.

Will this so called Shark vacuum handle the hair from a great pyrennes dog? I ask specifcally regarding the hair length and volume, had another vacuum burn out the wheel after the axle got jammed with dog hair.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

Will this so called Shark vacuum handle the hair from a great pyrennes dog? I ask specifcally regarding the hair length and volume, had another vacuum burn out the wheel after the axle got jammed with dog hair.

It’s a good vacuum, Brent.

It’s also the wirecutters top pick
http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-vacuum-cleaner/#ourpick

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

i can confirm its good, it usually gets my dogs hair

the one thing i really really miss from the hoover i had (also from costco several years ago) is it had that self-winding coil thing where you step on a paddle and it winds it up, also easy to pull out. that thing was soo nice. i wish shark would copy that feature :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still have to have two fans blowing at me to get a decent night's sleep, so sadly I won't be having any use for the coveted Sherpa Throw this year.

However, I bought my first new car on Saturday. Then on Sunday I went to Costco and bought a set of Goodyear floor matts for $15. And then at the register, they took another $4 off. PBUC!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Did you buy your car with Costco's auto buying program and get Costco insurance for all your insurance needs?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought about that, but I went with the dealer since he's a family friend from the old country.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There’s like 20 people here waiting for chickens. My Costco never has drat chickens ready.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A freshly roasted chicken straight off the rotisserie? Yes please.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I suppose it’ll still be fresh if I eat it while I’m standing in line waiting to check out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
If you don’t have a shopping rotisserie I dunno what to say really.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I posted this awhile back but I tried to buy a rotisserie chicken near closing and the manager walked by at checkout and was like "WHAT THE HELL" and said they couldn't sell me the chicken. I asked why.

They said it was too small and he ran all the way back to get a fresh plump chicken for me and apologized. They understand the importance of the rotisserie chicken. PBUC.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stopped in to buy a couple bottles of wine for a gift and ended up in line behind an Asian lady who was buying 15 of each size of each product in the 32 Heat line, like 120 items, and loudly insisting that the “limit 15” applied to each barcode. She was unsuccessful. Don’t try to defraud the Costco, lady!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Speaking of item limits, last time the Kirland Signature brand baby wipes were on sale I bought the maximum of 2 boxes three weeks in a row. Waiting a week to hit the limit's alright, right?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Mons Hubris posted:

Stopped in to buy a couple bottles of wine for a gift and ended up in line behind an Asian lady who was buying 15 of each size of each product in the 32 Heat line, like 120 items, and loudly insisting that the “limit 15” applied to each barcode. She was unsuccessful. Don’t try to defraud the Costco, lady!

lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hillary clinton had book signings at costco

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-hillary-clinton-brookfield-book-tour-20170915-story.html

hot take: if she started like july 2016 we wouldn't be in the mess we are now

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I went into a costco and there are human sized nutcrackers in there, for sale. This is what elon musk has been warning about

naem
May 29, 2011

It's for human sized nuts

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Thanks my Costco-ians.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Symetrique posted:

The Tustin marketplace Costco has a couple bottles of the Blade Runner edition of Johnnie Walker, if anyone's been looking for it.

The new Stater Bros on Tustin Ranch/Valencia a mile away is the nicest grocery store I've ever been in.

This weekend I slept in on Sunday and made some pancakes with those protein Kodiak Cakes and some Kirkland maple syrup. Very good.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yesterday I bought one of the Queen size plush blankets and it absolutely blows the Sherpa away. It says Queen size, but the loving thing dwarfs my Queen size bed. It’s super warm, but it breathes, so you don’t get all sweaty and gross underneath it. I had so much trouble getting out of bed this morning, I just wanted to live underneath that blanket forever.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Bought enough candy in the form of Kirkland variety bags for $30 to give to 100 trick-or-treaters. We'll be lucky if we get 25 tonight. Do I return the second bag after Halloween like a dick, or do I get fat on candy? Decisions, decisions.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

The Midniter posted:

Bought enough candy in the form of Kirkland variety bags for $30 to give to 100 trick-or-treaters. We'll be lucky if we get 25 tonight. Do I return the second bag after Halloween like a dick, or do I get fat on candy? Decisions, decisions.

Give kids massive handfuls of candy. Last year we ended up reverse trick or treating and walked around the neighborhood giving candy away.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The Midniter posted:

They sell full bar packs. You could have been the cool house.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Croatoan posted:

They sell full bar packs. You could have been the cool house.

That’s me this year. Childhood goal: accomplished, all thanks to Costco.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Good Dog posted:

Give kids massive handfuls of candy. Last year we ended up reverse trick or treating and walked around the neighborhood giving candy away.

Basically this. I have way more than I need to just give one or two out. I tell kids to pick and then act mad that they didn't take more, while giving them another handful.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Yesterday I bought one of the Queen size plush blankets and it absolutely blows the Sherpa away. It says Queen size, but the loving thing dwarfs my Queen size bed. It’s super warm, but it breathes, so you don’t get all sweaty and gross underneath it. I had so much trouble getting out of bed this morning, I just wanted to live underneath that blanket forever.

The Kirkland brand blankets? I got one of those before reading about the Sherpa. Can concur it is huge, It dwarfs my super king bed and weighs more than my 13tog duvet. It is the best.

The wife is pregnant so is constantly hot and needs the fan on, and sleeps without any sheets. I sleep with the blanket folded over double and then another blanket on top.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've been sick the past few days and my internal temp has been going from hot to cold and 2 nights ago I set the thermostat a bit lower in my house and threw the Ultimate Sherpa over my queen size bed and it was wonderful.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Not only has my Co always had La Croix, now it stocks TWO different variety packs and two competitors. As if to give an extra "gently caress you" to whoever published that trash article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the "new" Kirkland light beer tastes different, IDK if I like it as much but it's by the same brewer and seems to have more flavor so I'm warming up to it I guess. Also it's slightly cheaper iirc, 21.99 for 46 beers that are superior to bud light/equal quality :shrug: