Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A Bowser amiibo is almost a must when collecting purple coins. Though it's embarrassing when you scan it and the coins turn out to be right close by. Otherwise though they hide them in some obtuse places. (and in challenge rooms)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

heres some more pics from my adventures

and a short autobiographical film

https://twitter.com/JammerSlammi/status/925121617134370817

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I don't want to read the thread to try and avoid spoilers. I am currently about 6 kingdoms in. When I count the number of moons I have achieved in my list, it is about 12 less than the number appearing on my Odyssey (despite everything being turned in). How can this be?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hedrigall posted:

Moltrey you should have your switch confiscated so it can be given to some more worthy family who can't afford one or something

Edit: I bet this is you too, isn't it:

this isnt even wrong, lol. good own

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mills posted:

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I don't want to read the thread to try and avoid spoilers. I am currently about 6 kingdoms in. When I count the number of moons I have achieved in my list, it is about 12 less than the number appearing on my Odyssey (despite everything being turned in). How can this be?

you probably have some Moons you haven't given to your odyssey yet, it only deposits them when you throw your hat on the globe

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I'm missing 5 purple coins from the Sand Kingdom. Am I missing a cluster somewhere? I've checked around the entire edge, in challenge rooms, throughout the temple, etc.

e: turns out I missed two in a group of four, and 3 in the inverted pyramid. :downsgun:

Kalsco fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 31, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

How does the hint art work?

Specifically the one showing Lost Kingdom and teasing Poochie. I went to the exact spot and he's not there :(

ground pound the glowing area in the hint art

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there anything I can actually do in the display window for the lochlady dress? Im in here. Figured it would open a new path, but nothing?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Evil Eagle posted:

ground pound the glowing area in the hint art

So is ----------------------Poochy--------------- not actually in the game outside of the hint art? :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Is there anything I can actually do in the display window for the lochlady dress? Im in here. Figured it would open a new path, but nothing?

do you see the mannequin?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mills posted:

When you collect a multimoon it shows up on the list of discovered moons as one single find.

e: So the Desert Kingdom has 69 moon locations but 3? are multimoons so you actually get 75.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey Gamers

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The (postgame spoiler) mushroom kingdom outfit is amazing.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Oh my god everything after (late story/last story world?) Luncheon Kingdom is incredible so far

The 8-bit section in Bowser's Castle made me pause the game to say "Holy poo poo this game is amazing."

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Holy poo poo. That must have taken hundreds of hours.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Argue posted:

So is ----------------------Poochy--------------- not actually in the game outside of the hint art? :(

Spoilers for the cameo he shows up in exactly one spot and you get a moon for finding him

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

do you see the mannequin?

Yeah. I tried to chuck my hat at it and jump on it. Thats really all I got.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hedrigall posted:

God drat this is sad.

Also, is it seriously not possible to do some moves with standard controls? How do you do the up and down hat throws?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

the truth posted:

Holy poo poo. That must have taken hundreds of hours.

It's someone on reddit with extreme OCD and this took them 165 hours apparently. This is their first playthrough still. They have been going since March. They haven't done any story stuff at all yet.

They posted this as if they were proud.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I mean I've heard of emergent gameplay, but that guy needs to emerge from his parent's basement!

veni veni veni posted:

What if you chucked your hat.... but too much?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

It's someone on reddit with extreme OCD and this took them 165 hours apparently. This is their first playthrough still. They have been going since March. They haven't done any story stuff at all yet.

They posted this as if they were proud.

You should have told him he missed a spot, although he might have died.

E:

Hedrigall posted:

What if you chucked your hat.... but too much?

hm. I'm terrible at these hat tricks and tablet mode. I'll give it a whirl on my TV tomorrow, thanks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

veni veni veni posted:

It's a trick the game only uses like twice so easily forgiven for missing it. Throw the hat and keep the button pressed. Cappy will spin on top of it wildly then spit out a power moon. If you ever see a glowing spike or something try throwing your hat like that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=532219223777884&id=100009694330828

Not super impressive but drat it feels good to skip puzzles using tricky platforming.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey guys i know this is a controversial opinion but i just finished the main game and am moving on to the post game and i think this is the best game of the year in a year full of amazing games as well as it being the best mario game

maybe one of the best games of all time

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I saw someone recently post about spending something like 8000 hours playing Resident Evil 5.
In the realm of video game obsessives, 165 hours for walking around every inch of BOTW in seven months seems perfectly fine to me.

edit: Oh yeah. I came to post how funny I find it that any% speedrunners will always be wearing the captain's cap.
Hopefully for the first GDQ it comes to, the runner/whole couch/whole audience will be wearing them.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 31, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Spoilers for the cameo he shows up in exactly one spot and you get a moon for finding him

Does that mean the Forgotten Isles are actually Yoshi's Island?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

I saw someone recently post about spending something like 8000 hours playing Resident Evil 5.
In the realm of video game obsessives, 165 hours for walking around every inch of BOTW in seven months seems perfectly fine to me.

edit: Oh yeah. I came to post how funny I find it that any% speedrunners will always be wearing the captain's cap.
Hopefully for the first GDQ it comes to, the runner/whole couch/whole audience will be wearing them.

Isn't that just a tiny part of the map he has covered?

I'd like to know what someone found to do for 8000 hours in RE5 though goddamn. After like 40 hours there is literally nothing else to accomplish.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Holy poo poo this final kingdom.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Isn't that just a tiny part of the map he has covered?

I'd like to know what someone found to do for 8000 hours in RE5 though goddamn. After like 40 hours there is literally nothing else to accomplish.

I think they were just very invested in improving Mercenaries times.
Actually, it was 4000 hours across multiple versions http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448306

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

The dinosaurs don't like being Yoshi'd

https://twitter.com/turnways/status/925217773776723968

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

The game doesn't show non-motion control options. :(

I was thinking since the spin throw and downward throw had special inputs that the upward throw would too.
Wait what? What are they?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just now discovered that you are wrong and there is at least one more spot.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Trying to use split joycons is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.. and it's a shame that it sounds like that is the only way to play this game. I wish I could request a refund

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

When you collect a multimoon it shows up on the list of discovered moons as one single find.

e: So the Desert Kingdom has 69 moon locations but 3? are multimoons so you actually get 75.

Thank you.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

loudog999 posted:

Trying to use split joycons is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.. and it's a shame that it sounds like that is the only way to play this game. I wish I could request a refund

Works pretty good on my pro controller

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone give me a hint on the moon Very Nice Shot with Chain Chomp in cascade kingdom? I bought the toad hint so I know which pipe it's behind but I can't for the life of me figure out a thing to do in here to get a second moon

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How do I get in these loving cages

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

LODGE NORTH posted:

How do I get in these loving cages

almost every cage requires you to use a nearby enemy to blow it up

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone give me a hint on the moon Very Nice Shot with Chain Chomp in cascade kingdom? I bought the toad hint so I know which pipe it's behind but I can't for the life of me figure out a thing to do in here to get a second moon

The game loves to play tricks with camera angles and hidden walls. The general format for any pipe/door that you go into is 2 moons + some purple tokens. Not everything contains that, but give everything a thorough look.

Hint:
Very Nice Shot with Chain Chomp is another puzzle after the first moon

Solution:
Try jumping around the right hand wall at the base to get to the next puzzle in the room with the moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

It's in a hidden room to the right of the exit.

edit: too late.

• Locked thread