Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Doggles posted:

At least this one had X-Men.

I don't see any X-Men, I just see some functions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Doggles posted:

It deserved to bomb for not giving us playable John Madden.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did they ever explain why Spiderman's not on the cover?

EDIT: of Infinite

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Did they ever explain why Spiderman's not on the cover?

EDIT: of Infinite

Probably fine print marketing bullshit that said Sony would get more money.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The cover is incredibly low effort and they probably had it done back before Spider-Man was ever revealed. It's ridiculous you don't have Spider-Man as one of the first characters you introduce, but it seems like more stock is given to the Avengers than one of the most iconic superheroes to ever be created.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you mean one of the most iconic functions

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

spiderman is a mutant

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Baal posted:

The game is incredibly low effort and

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
thats a lie, i think its a high effort game in a tiny deadline ruined by marketing limitations and using the lowest quality talent that capcom had with a miniscule budget

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
if the mouse tries hard enough to find the cheese one day it can become a fun if stupid fighting game

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
fightcade beta is now open to all 2014 and 2015 accounts. now is the time for the real st, Sokonuke Taisen, to shine

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Zand posted:

fightcade beta is now open to all 2014 and 2015 accounts. now is the time for the real st, Sokonuke Taisen, to shine

smells like gold bond in here

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doggles posted:

this cover art kicks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fightcade2 will not accept the pw for my account even tho i registered in 2014 and snagged the hot meme name "doge"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hells yeah my account is feb 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
where do I see how old my account is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

By downloading fc2 and seeing if you can log into it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

brazilians and the chinese ppl who ddos'd fightcades servers get to idle in chatrooms while i cannot unfair

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

fightcade2 will not accept the pw for my account even tho i registered in 2014 and snagged the hot meme name "doge"

https://www.fightcade.com/resetpassword/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so does anyone know where i can find a new romset

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can grab a full up to date mame set if you want to download 50 gigs of mahjong games so you can play Jackie chan for 20 minutes or just go to the usual rom site and check to make sure you have something for a recent version of mame

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

In Training posted:

You can grab a full up to date mame set if you want to download 50 gigs of mahjong games so you can play Jackie chan for 20 minutes or just go to the usual rom site and check to make sure you have something for a recent version of mame

a buddy of mine have me make a clone of my arcade cabinet tower since hes gonna grab a recroommaster kit after seeing mine

i did him a favor and culled as much crap out of the mame set. over 200 mahjong games, hundreds of bartop match games, etc etc

im just too lazy to copy the ones i need

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
a lot of the mahjong games have titties in them, though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

snes rom titties > mame mahjong titties

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Pw reset is broken right now

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
New fightcade UI is really pretty. Played some rounds of Hyper Fighting and it was smooth as always. Would recommend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's identical to discord

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So I picked up Under Night Late on the Halloween Steam sale because I picked up the game when it first hit on PS3 and remembered liking it, but also don't remember why I stopped playing it.

Holy hell why is Yuzuriha so hard to play despite how I like her the best

And holy loving poo poo what is with this demon bird Hakumen looking motherfucker with noodle arms having full screen grabs

And what in the gently caress is with this dude with the full screen scythe attacks

But besides that, the soundtrack has some absolute bangers.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

New fightcade UI is really pretty. Played some rounds of Hyper Fighting and it was smooth as always. Would recommend.

i cant tell if you're joking because hyper fighting was really badly emulated and the ui looks like poo poo where they removed numerical ping in favor of wi-fi bars and added Gravatars

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MechaX posted:

And holy loving poo poo what is with this demon bird Hakumen looking motherfucker with noodle arms having full screen grabs

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Where the gundam versus bros?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kwilty posted:

Where the gundam versus bros?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833253

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Fuuuuck I can't wait for fightcade to open up to everybody again

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

i cant tell if you're joking because hyper fighting was really badly emulated and the ui looks like poo poo where they removed numerical ping in favor of wi-fi bars and added Gravatars

I mean the lobby/game selection UI, the in-game stuff is w/e.

Didn't have any problems with HF emulation, felt like offline to me.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Fightcade2 UI is really drat rough around the edges so I'm surprised that some people like it. Even ignoring stuff that can hopefully be fixed in the future (no saved credentials, puts you as looking to play in every game when you start up, unable to reorder games in the list, etc.) I think the fact that they are using the UI from a chat client as their base to be a really stupid decision. Chat is the least important part of Fightcade. In fact, the whole application would function fine without chat but it's front and center in Fightcade2 with everything else shoved off to the sides.

Also it appears the bars for indicating connection quality are here to stay according to developers on Reddit and Discord. Apparently it has to do with them no longer using P2P connections until the game is launched or something along those lines which sucks.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

BattleHamster posted:

Fightcade2 UI is really drat rough around the edges so I'm surprised that some people like it. Even ignoring stuff that can hopefully be fixed in the future (no saved credentials, puts you as looking to play in every game when you start up, unable to reorder games in the list, etc.) I think the fact that they are using the UI from a chat client as their base to be a really stupid decision. Chat is the least important part of Fightcade. In fact, the whole application would function fine without chat but it's front and center in Fightcade2 with everything else shoved off to the sides.

Also it appears the bars for indicating connection quality are here to stay according to developers on Reddit and Discord. Apparently it has to do with them no longer using P2P connections until the game is launched or something along those lines which sucks.

yeah ping wifi bars are one of the worst parts of new era vs mode gaming when pings were standard for well over a decade before pc gaming started to get consolized. Its a shame they are here to stay and I don't understand where the data for the ping bars is coming from if not from p2p... wouldn't this mean they are basically meaningless?

fightcade chat is worse than youtube comments in quality so I also don't get why it's front and center

also is the emulation for hf actually fixed in the new fba?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love getting called racial slurs by Brazilians who lurk in KOF98 for 16 hours a day and never play any games

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I found it you can look at the reg date for your account by replacing username with your own name http://www.fightcade.com/id/username

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i did reset like 3x times and old fightcade accepts the new pw but new fightcade won't. hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My Fightcade account is super recent because I only had a GGPO one back in the day.