Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Lots of great responses and I have a question which isn't worth starting a completely new thread over. On the rare occasion that I actually sit down and jam with my equipment I unfortunately always end up in a great mood and end up creating relatively happy sounding patterns/tracks. How do I channel the constant sense of fear, dread, anger, and hatred that I experience outside of my bedroom studio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Line your chair with upside down pushpins

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Put reverb and delay before distortion. High frequencies are much more anxiety inducing than low ones.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Learn to play minor chords.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

morally adept posted:

Lots of great responses and I have a question which isn't worth starting a completely new thread over. On the rare occasion that I actually sit down and jam with my equipment I unfortunately always end up in a great mood and end up creating relatively happy sounding patterns/tracks. How do I channel the constant sense of fear, dread, anger, and hatred that I experience outside of my bedroom studio?

record your happy tunes, grab a loop from one of said tunes, slow it down 150-300%, add in a slow detuning effect so that the whole thing is constantly going between +1 and -1 semitones off.

now, find the root note of your tune, and then add in a nice low sub bass tone that is a minor 3rd below the root note and then a good 2-4 octaves down (so if your happy song is in C major your bass tone will be a low A). a nice synth bass at a frequency you feel more than hear is best. and there you are.

for added effect, slowly fade out the loop of your original happy tune, increasing the reverb while it fades, eventually leaving only that low bass tone., and sprinkle in some extremely echo-y low volume samples of children playing or singing.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 31, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
OP, do you know music theory? Can you play piano? Or are you just trying to make music with no background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Find some audio of children playing, pitch it right down and distort the poo poo out of it.

• Locked thread