Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Laslow posted:

yes. i've ran the numbers and it should be twice as fast as my iphone 5.

It costs more than my 2012 MB air refurb did in 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

actionjackson posted:

It costs more than my 2012 MB air refurb did in 2013

it's also faster lmao

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Laslow posted:

yes. i've ran the numbers and it should be twice as fast as my iphone 5.

the iPhone 5S was twice as fast as your iPhone 5. literally.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

the iPhone 5S was twice as fast as your iPhone 5. literally.

yeah iphone ecks is like 5 times as fast on single core, and double that on multicore. and like 30 times as fast as 5s on metal

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
area man is definitely Not Mad

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

but what can all that speed be used for?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

carry on then posted:

it's also faster lmao

Even the current MBA is cheaper and you'll probably use that a lot longer than your phone

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i still cant believe i ordered a stupid loving touch bar mbp

also cant believe it takes a month cause i requested a us keyboard

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

lmao us keyboard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lmao us keyboard

these fuckin uk idiots put ` and \ in the wrong places

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

running ios11 at an acceptable frame rate?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Boiled Water posted:

Lovingly rendering the animation for each individual calculator button-press?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
people are craving in-depth reviews! and they must be on launch day! they can’t wait a few days before every publication and blogger gets their hands on one and then writes their review. apple has a responsibility to serious journalists, not just some bloggers youtubers, only they can get the clicks produce the thorough long form reviews that the public depends on to make their phone buying decisions.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

love me some uk keyboard layout. now the swedish one is a loving war crime, there's a button for <>|\ next to the left shift

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

actionjackson posted:

Even the current MBA is cheaper and you'll probably use that a lot longer than your phone

longer, maybe. more, unlikely. your phone is always with you and most people use it thousands of times each day. it’s your most personal digital device

bump_fn posted:

still time to cancel.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

The Management posted:

longer, maybe. more, unlikely. your phone is always with you and most people use it thousands of times each day. it’s your most personal digital device

still time to cancel.

the only other vendor we can spend grant money on is dell i think lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Management posted:

What about a bluetooth-enabled buttplug?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

bump_fn posted:

its me im the guy who looks at the keyboard

can you imagine what the repair time is going to be when a bit of dust gets under your bespoke keyboard lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

poty posted:

its me im the guy who looks at the keyboard

can you imagine what the repair time is going to be when a bit of dust gets under your bespoke keyboard lol

i still have my 2012 mba

that im prob gonna keep using as my main computer when i try using the stupid new mbp for a day lmao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

the only other vendor we can spend grant money on is dell i think lol

ive got a dell xps 13 at work and id normally recommend it were it not for donglgate (tho with mbp you have the same problem), and the loving usb bug

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ive got a dell xps 13 at work and id normally recommend it were it not for donglgate (tho with mbp you have the same problem), and the loving usb bug

uh dare i ask what the gently caress donglgate is

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

people are craving in-depth reviews! and they must be on launch day! they can’t wait a few days before every publication and blogger gets their hands on one and then writes their review. apple has a responsibility to serious journalists, not just some bloggers youtubers, only they can get the clicks produce the thorough long form reviews that the public depends on to make their phone buying decisions.
those people who need a complete 17 part technical breakdown of the new iphone are definitely going to buy samsung anroids now because they had to wait an extra couple of days to get some nerds discourse on the individual camera sensors

bad move, apple

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Xaris posted:

when you gently caress your computer and cum in it duh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaris posted:

that's when you need to carry around a daisy chain of cable converters because your computer has no ports on it. right now, at my work setup, i have a 4 way usb-usb splitter and an usb-dvi converter for external monitor, and the only free ports of value are thunderbolt 3 and headset jack.

ive gotten a second monitor now so i had our it order me a tb3 dual displayport adapter instead, since there's no way i can pull off two usb-dvi converters

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

love me some uk keyboard layout. now the swedish one is a loving war crime, there's a button for <>|\ next to the left shift

no worries, these are probably the last apple laptops with physical keys before it's just two ipads hooked together a la the Nintendo DS

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

creationist believer posted:

these pixels are making me thirsty

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0DoQYGZt8M

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FaceID

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The Management posted:

If you're using it that often you have a serious problem with smartphone addiction. I use my phone no more than 45 minutes a day.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

actionjackson posted:

If you're using it that often you have a serious problem with smartphone addiction. I use my phone no more than 45 minutes a day.

By way of comparison, how many minutes a day do you spend using your bluetooth-enabled buttplug?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
just popping in to say the gruber meltdown is rad

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

By way of comparison, how many minutes a day do you spend using your bluetooth-enabled buttplug?

No more than 45 minutes a day

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Management posted:

i don't know how ironic this post is supposed to be but even if 100% you might consider looking into deprogramming services

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

those people who need a complete 17 part technical breakdown of the new iphone are definitely going to buy samsung anroids now because they had to wait an extra couple of days to get some nerds discourse on the individual camera sensors

bad move, apple

gruber is probably really disappointed that john siracusa doesn’t do his 25-page reviews of each macOS release anymore.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

touchid on my 8 is loving absurdly fast

can't expect 1st gen faceid to be that quick, but even so that's not terrible, on par with touchid on a 5s i'd say

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

So. Nothing notably different than my iPhone 6s. And I can get a new battery installed under some recall program. I should do that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

just popping in to say the gruber meltdown is rad

i hope apple just keeps inviting youtubers to things instead of him and he goes crazy over it

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

hahaha grub sitting at his probably multi million dollar townhouse right now stroking a last gen phone slab getting real butt hurt about a consumer device company

tech joirnalism

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Operation Enduring Turdball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Imagine getting mad at or even remotely caring about consumer electronics. lol