Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

thats a really dumb take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

Houston Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel will not be suspended for any games in the World Series but will be suspended without pay for the first five games of the 2018 regular season, baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Saturday.

So there's that

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Yuli turned us from the fun-loving awesome dinger hitting Stros helping to life a city after a disaster to basically Chief Wahoo and the Redskins.

God dammit Yuli.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah that's totally not an overreaction or anything.

Calm the gently caress down people.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Yuli turned us from the fun-loving awesome dinger hitting Stros helping to life a city after a disaster to basically Chief Wahoo and the Redskins.

God dammit Yuli.

Not really. Both sides have said their peace and Yuli will be punished. He will miss 5 games worth of pay.

Let's focus on the upcoming games and stay positive about our team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Astros go 0-5 to start the season in part because of lackluster 1B play, god help me Yuli :argh:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

If the Astros go 0-5 to start the season in part because of lackluster 1B play, god help me Yuli :argh:

Mostly worried about this becoming an issue for the team now and the Astros facing the same fate as the Indians (2016), Royals (2014) and Cardinals (2013) had with their 2-1 world series leads

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe Giles

Seriously

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Astros are so much like the Tigers, it's becoming a little bit unnerving.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

I can't believe Giles

Seriously

Last appearance in the WAS imo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have zero faith in the Astros. Dodgers have this series in the bag.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

If they lose tomorrow I will be right there with you.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros fans I am torn..

Do I...

1. Drive to Seattle, watch Texans vs Seahawks, get back home around 730 PST and miss most of game 5

Or

2. Stay at home and watch both games on TV

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do you want to see two losses on TV or one loss in person and catch the end of another

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What would you do intruder?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Sab0921 posted:

Mostly worried about this becoming an issue for the team now and the Astros facing the same fate as the Indians (2016), Royals (2014) and Cardinals (2013) had with their 2-1 world series leads

Seems unfair to lump Coeveland into that list. The Cardinals and Royals had to contend with individual players in god mode in their years, Ortiz and Bumgarner respectively. I don't think Cleveland or Houston (so far) have that excuse.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can we just talk about Deshaun Watson in this thread?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BUMPING THIS THREAD AGAIN TOOT TOOT gently caress YEAH

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kirios posted:

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

OH ME OF LITTLE FAITH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am going to eat the gently caress out of that pie

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

I am going to eat the gently caress out of that pie

Please, stop talk about sex with your wife in SAS.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Astro Lounge: the hits start coming and they don't stop coming and the hits stop coming and the hits start coming again and the hits stop coming and the hiHOLYFUCKINGSHIT

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I have to get up in 4 hours but gently caress it. Go Astros! Let's finish this off with Verlander!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios is lucky he isn't even up all that late

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I'm going to be in the air for game 6 and it's going to be the goddamn worst

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Verlander prove me wrong one more time please

Even as a child I was wrong. "We traded for Jeff Bagwell and he's playing first base? But I love Glenn Davis!" (The Big Bopper was by far my favorite player even on a team that had Nolan Ryan and Kevin Bass)

I still love Glenn Davis though. And we got Curt Schilling for him (then never got any of his good years but w/e). We also got Harnisch and Finley which was cool. Then Bagwell obviously became Bagwell. Terry Puhl always PULLS the ball *hurk hurk*

Please get me one more win Astros

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think for the Astros to really pull this off we need you to dig deep Intruder.

We need another 70s food nightmare toxx.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

It's 3 AM and I can't sleep. What the gently caress was that.

That was some crazy juiced ball poo poo.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
If Verlander wins game 6 is he the greatest mid-season acquisition of all-time?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ComposerGuy posted:

If Verlander wins game 6 is he the greatest mid-season acquisition of all-time?

Yes.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

curried lamb of God posted:

I'm going to be in the air for game 6 and it's going to be the goddamn worst
I feel for you - last year I had to watch Game 7 from an airport, then boarding happened during the 9th/rain delay, and we were airborne for the 10th.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think I may like baseball more than football.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I cannot focus on anything today. This series is too much of an emotional roller coaster. Game 5 was absolutely draining, I still have not caught up on sleep.

Love these Astros, Love this season. I'm ready to get off this wild World Series ride.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I have zero faith in the Astros' ability to finish this off because I'll never underestimate the ability of a Houston sports teams to find new and lower depths to tread to break their fans' hearts.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
win or lose, I'm going to land in Amsterdam in like 11 hours so I'll be fine

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kirios posted:

I think I may like baseball more than football.

I've realized this after only 2 seasons

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just realized you guys have had to put up with Josh Reddick all year and for that you have my sympathy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have no idea what has happened to Reddick. He was so good this year

And he hit the game tying hit off of Kimbrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

I have no idea what has happened to Reddick. He was so good this year

And he hit the game tying hit off of Kimbrel

I genuinely don't understand why we aren't using Fisher or Maybin in his place. It's not as if Reddick is some defensive wizard and there's literally no way the others could do worse offensively.

• Locked thread