Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

apparently by generously recycling sprites

but i dont mind, i love warg sprite and imp sprite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I couldnt make it past uhh five hours into Pillars of Eternity before being bored out of my mind and quitting but Tyranny was extremely my poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tyranny's premise is really cool, and I hope it's super cheap this Christmas.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

to be more accurate the plot and the characters was extremely my poo poo, combat was boring as gently caress because you always fight the same loving group of dudes/evil magic farts/werewolves thru the entire game

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theres a fwiggin' genocide going on acwass da borda, why dont we do sumfin..? pweeez no votey for joe biden uWu

HerraS posted:

to be more accurate the plot and the characters was extremely my poo poo, combat was boring as gently caress because you always fight the same loving group of dudes/evil magic farts/werewolves thru the entire game

yeah the combat in pillars was a ton better, but Tyranny's setting ruled

greetings, I am here as a wandering bronze age lawyer/weapon of mass destruction distributor for the evil empire, how's your day going, please refer all complaints to the hideous monsters I call my soldiers

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ze Pollack posted:

yeah the combat in pillars was a ton better,

:wrong:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theres a fwiggin' genocide going on acwass da borda, why dont we do sumfin..? pweeez no votey for joe biden uWu

sorry, couldn't hear you over the sound of encounter design being a thing that exists

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
pillars combat was absolutely poo poo lol oh no lets make combat boring as gently caress if you want to cast magic

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

magic is for nerds

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Calibanibal posted:

skimmed thru this rpg talk but i just say this - everybody play everything by spider software. geneforge, nethergate, avernum remake, avadon. all good tactical turn-based, awesome plot huge world, thanks for reading
ehh

Geneforge is an interesting universe killed by a shite interface and weak zone design.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jose posted:

pillars combat was absolutely poo poo lol oh no lets make combat boring as gently caress if you want to cast magic

depends on what you're looking for combat to be, tbh

if you want it to be an exercise in puzzle-solving, with different characters' different skillsets requiring different applications depending on the enemies' strengths and weaknesses, pillars is unquestionably the superior game

if you want it to be a series of nerds exploding in increasingly silly ways as you acquire more toys, and the only question being precisely how you wizard the enemy to death, you will prefer tyranny

tyranny's combat system was fun. tyranny's combat was loving awful. pillars' combat system was meh, but its combat was excellent.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

morrowind is the only game with cool magic, because you could jump around all of Vvardenfell like The Hulk.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
divinity 2 is extremely good and has really fun combat so

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ze Pollack posted:

if you want it to be an exercise in puzzle-solving, with different characters' different skillsets requiring different applications depending on the enemies' strengths and weaknesses, pillars is unquestionably the superior game
The puzzle of apply as many debuffs as possible and hit them with a sword, yes very good.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the first divinity was very bad and i regret paying whatever minuscule amount of roubles i shelled out for it

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

jBrereton posted:

The puzzle of apply as many debuffs as possible and hit them with a sword, yes very good.

which debuffs, where, to counter what, putting who up front and who in back, etc etc

compare to tyranny, where the strategy is pretty much without exception "buff your weapons, giggle"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ze Pollack posted:

which debuffs, where, to counter what, putting who up front and who in back, etc etc
put eder in the front with magic line power

make other heroes cast freezing mist / daze spells / whatever else while very loud singer companion buffs the party and makes skeletons.

This strategy works for at least 20-30 hours of hard mode which is when I quit because the writing isn't good and the combat is formulaic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

jBrereton posted:

There are many people who like Pillars of Eternity, that one with the norsemen and a snake, Divinity and so on but I'm not among em. I even didn't buy Tyranny + Torment because it looked like more of the same.

Kickstarted SMAC is pretty much Pandora: First Contact, which was really not a good game (it's Okay but when you're trying to live up to something Great that isn't enough)

I liked Tyranny even though it had a lovely ending (the DLC expac fixes that I think?)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On one hand the Brian post makes me sad on the other I really can't trust a Firaxis without him and Soren Johnson because they brought us three turd sandwiches in a row, one worse than the last one

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

yeah the combat in pillars was a ton better, but Tyranny's setting ruled

greetings, I am here as a wandering bronze age lawyer/weapon of mass destruction distributor for the evil empire, how's your day going, please refer all complaints to the hideous monsters I call my soldiers

Does Bastard Wound have a loyalist route where you just go "Nah I'll just keep working for Kyros and laying the law"

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

yes they made a new ending just for you to be a bitchboy and bend the knee

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Plutonis posted:

On one hand the Brian post makes me sad on the other I really can't trust a Firaxis without him and Soren Johnson because they brought us three turd sandwiches in a row, one worse than the last one

brian was civ 2 and smac right? civ 3 was garbage

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'd love to think they couldn't gently caress up an HD edition, but I'm not so sure. that's all SMAC really needs 20 years on.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

look up how to turn on Direct Play in Windows 10. that fixed it for me.

as for the patch, in the popup window click on the more info link, and it will give you the option to run the patch exe anyway.

directplay was what it needed tyvm

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

an HD version with revamped ui would make me cum

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Tyranny owned, and rolling your own spells was a neat touch. But it had a degenerate solution.

Had my whole party set up to do cones of magic or something attack, and buffs with a small aoe

So before combat starts, they huddle in a little ball and buff each other

Then they run out, form a line, and do there cone attacks in front of them

I called it the 'power rangers' set up.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rudatron posted:

Tyranny owned, and rolling your own spells was a neat touch. But it had a degenerate solution.

Had my whole party set up to do cones of magic or something attack, and buffs with a small aoe

the circlejerk squad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cross-posting from the Philippines thread in D&D

Back in April 2016, Alibaba bought a controlling share in Lazada, an e-retailer like itself, except operating in Southeast Asia.

In Jun 2017, Alibaba sunk another 1 billion USD into Lazada.

https://twitter.com/jcmaningat/status/925198290823479296

quote:

Contractor nets P174,000 for a three-week production of 100 bags, while worker earns only P7,205. Worker has to work 14 hrs/ day

This means that a worker earns only P24 per hour for the exhausting home-based work -- of course without OT pay and addtl benefits

Working moms also had to pay the electricity and thread out of their pockets, deductible frm 16k for two workers for three weeks

Bags are sold on Lazada for around P2,000. [Which means only 4 bags are earned by the workers. The only 96 bags are pure capitalist profit]!!

It's clear from this case why capitalists are tapping home-based work: much cheaper labor cost, savings on electricity and materials etc.

On top of these, there is no existing employee-employer relationship. [No contract, either].

Take note: a worker should work 21 days straight, 14 hrs each day to finish the 100 pre-ordered bags on Lazada -- modern-day slavery

When asked how she feels about it, [Mother] Rosal said, "[The 24 pesos per hour, it's like nothing because I need that to feed my family]" :((

This case study illustrates why 1) more and more wealth are accumulated on the top 2) poor gets poorer. This leads to a situation where

...there is a growing pool of wage slaves who couldn't afford a growing collection of commodities = crisis of overproduction

While immense wealth sits on the head of a very few = crisis of overaccumulation.

Just to be clear: This is not just about Lazada. This is precisely how capitalism accumulates wealth. Problem is systemic. All brands guilty

This is precisely how capital, as DEAD labor, feeds on LIVING labor like a vampire to perpetuate itself. Creepy isn't it? #Halloween

Footnote:
Total sales = P200k for 100 bags for P2k each
Labor++* (payment to household) = P16k, for two workers, power bill, materials

From the P16k, workers will allot P1k for electricity bill, P500 for recouping machine investment, P95 for the thread; only P14,405 left

to be split into two home-based workers = P7,202.50; Materials supplied by cap = P10k. capitalist earnings before taxes = P174,000

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

rudatron posted:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
basically, yeah

the only other thing I remembered about that game is 'water lady = best waifu'

divinity 2 is also fun, but the stuns + CC is a little too...extreme. As soon as you lose your armor, you can get stunned, and every stun attempt will 100% work, and there are a ton of attacks that can stun. the end result is: your hp doesn't matter, all that matters is armor, because as soon as that's gone, you get stun locked, loss all your turns, and then die

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Of course, I am very much aware that Whites aren't in control of their own nations but (((others))) are. I think, however, Chinese have a much less "passive" view of the world. We are unapologetically imperialist, and we will be ruthless against Africans and Muslims if Whites agree.

We just need to agree on our world domination, otherwise we can't do anything either. I see nothing wrong with Chinese colonialism in Africa, though I find Chinese colonialism towards fellow East Asian peoples unnecessary trouble. After all, we need raw materials from Africa for our civilisation and Africans are too unadvanced to make proper use of it.

I see nothing wrong with supremacy itself. It just depends on what you do with it. If you make a better world, then I'm totally in favour of White supremacy. If you make it like the place it is now ruled by (((them))), then I can't support it.

My Chinese view of supremacy is that it can never be absolutely evil and it's a Jewish-Christian mind-set to think in dualities: absolute evil or absolute good. As a Chinese polytheist traditionalist, I think in no absolute dualities. I just think supremacy is good for something. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Supremacy is normal. Chinese philosophers would agree.

Whites let themselves be philosophically pushed into a corner so they would accept they deserve no racial power. However, Chinese do not believe that. We believe in power, we believe in supremacy. We are not necessarily malevolent, but we are not necessarily benevolent either. It just depends on the relationship we have. Africans have a bad relationship with us. We don't see them as useful, at least from a traditionalist point of view, and so we will likely be very mean to them in the long term. At least I hope so.

My point is just that Whites have adapted too much to the (((liberal ideology))). I see no reason to say "I disavow White supremacy". I believe Whites should have power, autonomy (live by their own code) and sovereignty (independent rule). I believe in White power. Asians just say how they wish the world to be. They want to see Whites as powerful. That way they have someone to look up to. Asians respect powerful people. They do not respect people who are poor, weak and sick. Just let Asians see you as superior, that way you will have their full support.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I keep myself safe by being outside China while making these statements. China has the most sophisticated media and internet censorship in the world. Dissidents disappear all the time. Organ harvesting in China is a real thing. That is how they make money by killing dissidents. It's dissident persecution turned into an industry. You can't make this stuff up. Since I used to be a Party member, I couldn't believe it either until I learned more what is going on in China's top secret prisons and hospitals (where the organ harvesting happens). Just make sure the liberals don't become like the Chinese Communists one day and start harvesting organs of pro-White race realists.

theres thousands of posts. they wrote a alt history where hitler teams up with china

https://disqus.com/by/chinesenationalistmaiden/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN has issued a correction as of 13:42 on Nov 1, 2017

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

of all our sins i think inventing ideology is at least a top 5 white people fuckup, we were much better off when we just chopped people's heads off because god said so and so were everyone else before we exported it to them

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fallen Hamprince posted:

of all our sins i think inventing ideology is at least a top 5 white people fuckup, we were much better off when we just chopped people's heads off because god said so and so were everyone else before we exported it to them

extreme ideology accelerated the head chopping pretty massively yeah

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
religion is proto-ideology, it's most of the way there

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
religiously motivated concentration camps seem pretty rare, modern burma notwithstanding

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
although i’m pretty sure they don’t bother with setting up camps in burma, just kill everyone there and then

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

religiously motivated concentration camps seem pretty rare
have you heard of the concept of "a ghetto"/"the shoah"

or was this a joke post idk you post a lot of at face value incredibly stupid poo poo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

jBrereton posted:

have you heard of the concept of "a ghetto"/"the shoah"

or was this a joke post idk you post a lot of at face value incredibly stupid poo poo

being a minority in the medieval times sucked in general but lol if you’re comparing that to the ghetto as invented by nazi germany

like, 10-15th centuries saw 400k jewish deaths due to persecution in europe, over five centuries

to compare that to the brutal efficiency of modern ideological regimes is just idiotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
but you've got to compare relative population though. for medieval europe, 400k is a lot, and it's still a lot today. and the thirty years war is still up there, as far as destructive conflicts in europe (8 million dead)