Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the Arachnia riff and something that really bugs me is that they're all in a plane crash and nobody uses their cellphones until it is a punchline of a joke.

Although I did enjoy the part where the comic relief character gets torn limb from limb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Watching the Arachnia riff and something that really bugs me is that they're all in a plane crash and nobody uses their cellphones until it is a punchline of a joke.

Although I did enjoy the part where the comic relief character gets torn limb from limb.

Yeah, I assumed they didnt have phones and then they just do an they have service and power and what the hell arachnia.

The set up for killing the old crazy farm guy was the absolute laziest thing I may have ever seen in a film like this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the "Dr Who" movies are on Amazon and is there an explanation as to why they exist in the first place?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

So the "Dr Who" movies are on Amazon and is there an explanation as to why they exist in the first place?

The Daleks were loving gigantic popular across the world.

That's why they got lavishly recreated and given big budget props and faithfully adapted

That punk Doctor is just lucky to have been associated with them

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
I didn't know Rifftrax had a Twitch account. https://www.twitch.tv/rifftrax

Seems to be streaming Rifftrax 24/7. I don't know if it's the whole library or just select titles.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Rifftrax is having a Life Day Star Wars-relared riffs promotion. They also have a higher-quality print of the Holiday Special available on streaming -- if you've already bought that one in the past (I did earlier this year), your copy's been automatically upgraded.

Seeing this in the higher def is :stonk: and I speak as someone who vividly remembers watching it when it went out originally (I was 12, yikes, and watched the whole thing whilst on the phone with my nephew, who was about 9 at the time; we were pretty excited about any scene featuring Han Solo, as I recall).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Daleks were really loving popular and VCRs didn't exist.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Also the show was black and white and made on BBC production values, the movies were COLOUR and WIDESCREEN

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Wow, Boredom at Work is one of the darkest shorts I've ever seen, and that includes Circus on Ice

Also, are there two farm seasonal shorts or four?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you still believe in physical media, then you might be excited that RiffTrax are releasing three new DVDs: the live version of Samurai Cop, the Summer Shorts Beach Party, and a collection of Mary Jo and Bridget shorts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo have a new short "Let's Talk Turkey." Not explicitly a Thanksgiving short but more about how you should eat turkey every single day for the rest of your life.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder what, if any, of the Netflix series they're going to air tomorrow

I kind of hope it's going to be one of the more lowkey ones like Beast of Hollow Mountain

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I would assume none since they're actively trying to make money off it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I would assume none since they're actively trying to make money off it?

They might see it as free advertising

We'll see

Regardless I expect an announcement tomorrow. The timing is too perfect not to

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Burkion posted:

I wonder what, if any, of the Netflix series they're going to air tomorrow

I kind of hope it's going to be one of the more lowkey ones like Beast of Hollow Mountain

Hopefully none.

Also, if you guys haven't seen it yet, RiffTrax is on Drip, Kickstarter's Patreon-ish service.

$3 a month for the next 20 days or so geta you Founder Backer status, getting all kinds of goodies. Go support DripTrax!

https://d.rip/rifftrax

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Now that I'm thinking about it again, has there been any news on whether the Netflix MST3K is getting more than one season? Feels like it's been a little while since it dropped.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

Hopefully none.

Also, if you guys haven't seen it yet, RiffTrax is on Drip, Kickstarter's Patreon-ish service.

$3 a month for the next 20 days or so geta you Founder Backer status, getting all kinds of goodies. Go support DripTrax!

https://d.rip/rifftrax

I'm interested but, like, what do you get for signing up?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Now that I'm thinking about it again, has there been any news on whether the Netflix MST3K is getting more than one season? Feels like it's been a little while since it dropped.

not yet but people are expecting news tomorrow at the mst3k turkey day marathon

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This is the RiffTrax thread, not the MST3K thread.

e: 10-DVD Disembaudio lunchbox

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 23, 2017

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

They had me at "His permanent mood is pine-tar incident George Brett."

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-hothead-the-forgetter

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

I'm interested but, like, what do you get for signing up?

From the email:

RiffTrax posted:

We are pleased as Punch to announce that we’re part of the beta for Kickstarter’s new venture, Drip! On our Drip, we’re planning to offer first looks at upcoming riffs, behind-the-scenes goodies, exclusive digital downloads and more. Jump in on our exclusive, limited founding period and help shape the future of "DripTrax."

And from the actual Drip:

RiffTrax posted:

Become a Founding Friend for just $3 a month during our 30-day founding period, and be part of RiffTrax history for eternity.

Includes exclusive benefits and digital downloads - just for you!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Also, I compiled a list of all the available RiffTrax titles on Amazon Prime. There's a total of 42 titles.

http://www.pbandawesome.com/2017/11/current-list-of-rifftrax-titles-free-on.html

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Rewatching Balloon Land since it's the best possible day to watch that 'movie'..and I notice the lady dressed as Mother Goose at the start is the drunk narrator from the Parade section.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

20% off most of the site with code FRIDAY and $5 gift card if you spend more than $20

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
David Giancola is jumping into the Rifftrax Twitch Channel tomorrow at 5 PM ET to watch Icebreaker with everyone.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edward Mass posted:

This is the RiffTrax thread, not the MST3K thread.

it's almost like RiffTrax is bootleg MST3K that literally only doesn't have the MST3K name because Joel owns it and Mike doesn't.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For some reason, I had to use Microsoft Edge to subscribe to the drip because Chrome wouldn't finish signing in. Has that happened to anyone else?

Edit: MST3K thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784246

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 24, 2017

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Rirse posted:

Rewatching Balloon Land since it's the best possible day to watch that 'movie'..and I notice the lady dressed as Mother Goose at the start is the drunk narrator from the Parade section.

Yay yay!

That might be a good way to spend tomorrow morning. Balloon Land. What the hell, movie.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I like Fun in Balloon Land cos of recognising all the Philly landmarks.

That and the increasingly drunken narrator lady.

That said, the 'hurrr hurrrr hurrr' scene of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny is the first time in years that I've laughed so helplessly that I couldn't breath (book-ended by 25+ years ago when I saw Manos for the first time, and Tom Servo is wittering on about his five year plan).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's almost like RiffTrax is bootleg MST3K that literally only doesn't have the MST3K name because Joel owns it and Mike doesn't.

Rude.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why they used her as a narrator and why they'd use that performance.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

I don't get why they used her as a narrator and why they'd use that performance.

Having grown up with local Philadelphia programming and home grown entertainers (Sally Starr, Larry Ferrari, Gene London -- with whom I sometimes exchange emails :3: -- Wee Willie Webber, creepy creepy Captain Noah, and Dr Shock, amongst others), it doesn't surprise me in the least. Some mad bastards amongst that lot.

http://www.tvparty.com/lostphilly1.html

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I want to watch The Room, but what they have is the Live Just the Jokes.

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-room-rifftrax-live-edition

How does that work, since I can't get a video of the Live version? Is there anywhere to stream it online? Amazon just had the DVD.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

BDawg posted:

I want to watch The Room, but what they have is the Live Just the Jokes.

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-room-rifftrax-live-edition

How does that work, since I can't get a video of the Live version? Is there anywhere to stream it online? Amazon just had the DVD.

Good news for you -- it's a studio recording of the Live show script. No audience. I just bought it as my test experiment with the app.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, they're not allowed to release the actual Live show.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Anyone aware of a place to rent/buy a digital copy of the movie so I don’t need a DVD?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i'm not trying to dog on either, but it's silly as gently caress to try and bar MST3K discussion from a thread about a thing that literally, no exaggeration, only exists because of MST3K :shrug:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm not trying to dog on either, but it's silly as gently caress to try and bar MST3K discussion from a thread about a thing that literally, no exaggeration, only exists because of MST3K :shrug:

I don't think anyone actually cares?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still holding out hope for a riff of Little Red Riding Hood and Tom Thumb verse the Monsters

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there any reason to not just merge the threads? I can't imagine that there's a lot of people who only like one of MST3k or Rifftrax, but not the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there any reason to not just merge the threads? I can't imagine that there's a lot of people who only like one of MST3k or Rifftrax, but not the other.

A fair number of people here dislike season 11 while most of the people in the MST3K thread liked it and that might spark some stupid debates.

Plus they are fundamentally different productions, even if they are uniquely related. If we had more active Riffing shows, I could see merging them together but we only have the two.

Unless you count Rooster Teeth's Theater Mode series which you shouldn't