Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Still playing now and then on xbone but started working weird hours that killed any time with remaining goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh poo poo, uh. Some people leaked some Nazi Zombies screengrabs.

And a guy who is doing said screengrabs might have proven you can no longer make crawlers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’re also showing a lot of the UI / structure of it. They’re straight up embracing the RPG/Quest nature of the EE’s / map objectives and are now showing the main objective as a hud / quest element. IW kinda does this by showing up items you’ve collected but otherwise gives you no real indication of what you should be doing.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So far, it looks decent ish. Can only single pap but as one guy's vid points out it tends to give you a shitload of ammo.

Also it bears repeating in the right thread, we're either artifact hunting or finding the rest of Barbossa's Sword.

Also also, Klaus is a guy who gets eaten by the boss of the map. We're still wondering if we can save him somehow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well there’s an achievement for saving him so.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
COD:WWII's remake of COD4's CHINATOWN remake of COD2's CARENTAN map is back for B-O-O-T-S O-N T-H-E G-R-O-U-N-D P-L-E-A-S-E E-N-D M-E-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvJxuBgoIc

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Christ that is a mouthful.

Also the idea of a remake of a remake of a map. :thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Still no Highrise in a modern COD.

Shameful.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wazzit posted:

COD:WWII's remake of COD4's CHINATOWN remake of COD2's CARENTAN map is back for B-O-O-T-S O-N T-H-E G-R-O-U-N-D P-L-E-A-S-E E-N-D M-E-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvJxuBgoIc

I wonder if it was in one of the pre-CoD 2 games too...

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Still no Highrise in a modern COD.

Shameful.

Highrise is too complex for modern CoD.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Verticality? This is the era of Boots On The Ground™ now! Why, you would need at least a double jump, if not a grappling hook to reach those heights!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

hey kid! ima computer

stop all the downloadin!!!

https://twitter.com/GlenSchofield/status/925040410698715136

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Facetious posted:

I wonder if it was in one of the pre-CoD 2 games too...
A remake of a map that was in CoD4 that was a remake of a map that was in CoD2 that was a remake of a map that was in CoD Big Red One.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

hey kid! ima computer

stop all the downloadin!!!

https://twitter.com/GlenSchofield/status/925040410698715136

i heard a rumor that the nazis lose in this one, unlike a certain OTHER fps franchise

c/d?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

i heard a rumor that the nazis lose in this one, unlike a certain OTHER fps franchise

c/d?

That rumor might be incorrect

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Oh cool, they didn't learn that having crutch perks is bad gameplay design. I still can't believe you can only choose ONE perk.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Javes posted:

Oh cool, they didn't learn that having crutch perks is bad gameplay design. I still can't believe you can only choose ONE perk.

Is there a huge compiled leak list anywhere? I didn't want to disappoint big daddy schofield and look for a list. He wanted me to enjoy it as designed, as in I'm designed to find out November 3rd instead of October 30th.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

No, but see, by making several things lovely and then only giving you the ability to address one of them, it creates compelling gameplay because

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Wazzit posted:

Is there a huge compiled leak list anywhere? I didn't want to disappoint big daddy schofield and look for a list. He wanted me to enjoy it as designed, as in I'm designed to find out November 3rd instead of October 30th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/

But people are dumb and keep uploading to youtube and twitter where it's guaranteed to get taken down in minutes.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Well, at least it looks like there's a bunch of strong perks and not a single perk you have to run to feel as though you're on an even playing field.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/

But people are dumb and keep uploading to youtube and twitter where it's guaranteed to get taken down in minutes.

Sometimes people are smart and let you download footy.

I downloaded one guy's run through of most of The Final Reich's Quest. I'm convinced it was almost the end because of cutscenes and a big gently caress of monster. And the fact the log said Epilogue in Deutschlandese.

Said guy also found how to get some upgraded Tesla Guns, and another guy mentioned completing Barbossa's Sword with a base Tesla Gun. So more than likely all we gotta do is FIND JAY GOTTA FIND JAY revive Klaus with Barbossa's Sword somehow.

And then there's that interview that shits all over the idea that the ACTUAL Quest was detailed as Objectives from a campaign. They're absolutely or more than likely referring to reviving Klaus/finding something in the Epilogue entry since you don't just have objectives on screen lead to a puzzle boss and a cutscene where something huge happens. Like, face it, you made the hunt for the Quest easy as hell. Don't bullshit us.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Zombies :barf:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zombies (in IW) is good and cool. This sounds like a mix of Extinction and bad Zombies. Hard pass from me so far.

I have moons to collect still, Mario is life. I’ll stick with IW for my shootman needs.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Javes posted:

agreed

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

Agreed, but only because there's no win state, and it's horribly obtuse these days.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Agreed, but only because there's no win state, and it's horribly obtuse these days.

Would you believe it isn't that bad getting to the upgrade machine? Ride the sewer ways and push a button near its exit. Do that four times for an underwhelming Pack-a-Punch.

I would not worry about the Tesla Gun it sucks a mean bepis in how bad it is.

But yeah, there's a good reason this would have been a 6.5/10 for me.Had Condrey and Schofield shut their fuckin traps, the map is a light 7.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/status/925493568969629697

"We want to make COD Zombies the elitist poo poo."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So, I haven't played a CoD game since the last Blops, all these zombie spoilers might as well be Chinese to me and I'm not sure about near anything I've read about people's beta impressions. I feel like an old man despite just missing a few games here, if I like FPS funtimes but got kinda sick of the CoD jumpy slidey poo poo is this new BOOTS ON THE GROUND GRITTY REAL WW2 game for me?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Zombies (in IW) is good and cool. This sounds like a mix of Extinction and bad Zombies. Hard pass from me so far.

I have moons to collect still, Mario is life. I’ll stick with IW for my shootman needs.

I got :10bux: that says you're playing WWII with us before the end of November.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

bear is driving! posted:

I'm not him but I think I might hop on a week after launch because gently caress it I'll take painfully average instead of something good.

... unless Destiny 2 gets better or I get into it more.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bear is driving! posted:

Nah I really genuinely have 0% interest in BOTG.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah I really genuinely have 0% interest in BOTG.

What about NitG (Nazis in the Ground)? :commissar:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

What about NitG (Nazis in the Ground)? :commissar:

Macy's you are dangerously close to a slur here.

Why not NitD instead?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nazis in the... dead? What? What does the D even stand for?
Also, Fascists in the Ground was right there for the taking.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Dirt. Nazis in the Dirt.

Or Snow. Or insert terrain type here.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You need the word Ground, or it won't properly tie into the Aiden's Iconic Cap Boots on the Ground mockery we're aiming for.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I suppose. The fact it's dangerously close to a slur makes it better.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got this dumb game preloaded and ready to go. The free weapon unlock is an interesting preorder bonus. I didn’t have time to get to the level cap in the beta, are the higher level weapons any good?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nah all guns are bad much like every aspect of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah all guns are bad much like every aspect of this game.

Pretty sure you meant to post this in the infinite warfare thread.

• Locked thread