Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I want 3D Mario Maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought it was a fire emblem level

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

I want DLC that makes the Dark Souls level into a full kingdom.

Yeah, that kingdom was just wasted being a boss only level. They nailed the look of it so well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's a post-game 2D section in that Kingdom that looks fantastic. Its not their usual aesthetic at all but Nintendo can make some really nice crumbling ruins.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Poppin in this thread to see if anyone has a lead on a good, protective carrying case so i got take this in my messenger bag to work and stuff. I really want it to be more like a pouch so i can reach into my bag and just pull the switch out without having to unzip the whole drat thing. bonus points if its cheap and on amazon and not that $80 one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Traxis posted:

I want 3D Mario Maker

Seems like the next logical step, really. Shareable 3D Mario levels? Sign me the gently caress up.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Traxis posted:

I want 3D Mario Maker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNZk4ggJkcc

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

This is just like my slice of life animes. Want.

I really love that you don't control the main girl, you control a ghost that is sharing her body. That is a really great way to seperate the character's story from the player's actions, and I can't think of a game that's done that before

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really love that you don't control the main girl, you control a ghost that is sharing her body. That is a really great way to seperate the character's story from the player's actions, and I can't think of a game that's done that before

I dunno, I think the dialogue could use some work.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'd love some Mario DLC of the classic power up costumes. Fire Mario, SMW Cape Mario and SM3 Tanuki Mario would rule.

Also Mario could definitely use a good incognito-style tan trench coat, wide brim hat, and sunglasses outfit for New Donk City.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 31, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GreatGreen posted:

I'd love some Mario DLC of the classic power up costumes. Fire Mario, SMW Cape Mario and SM3 Tanuki Mario would rule.

Also Mario could definitely use a good incognito style tan trench coat, hat, and sunglasses outfit for New Donk City.

There's a reference to the Tanuki Suit in a later Kingdom.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Stan Taylor posted:

Poppin in this thread to see if anyone has a lead on a good, protective carrying case so i got take this in my messenger bag to work and stuff. I really want it to be more like a pouch so i can reach into my bag and just pull the switch out without having to unzip the whole drat thing. bonus points if its cheap and on amazon and not that $80 one.

I ordered this one, should be arriving Thursday. I only needed something simple, but loads of ones on Amazon all have people complaining of a bad chemical odor. I’m guessing lots of ‘brands’ all selling the same thing essentially, whereas this one at least looked different and had at least one person say it doesn’t stink up the place.

Hard Travel Case for Nintendo Switch Case with Screen Protector by CO2CREA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFSQ1QK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bqo-zbJEXCGAB

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a reference to the Tanuki Suit in a later Kingdom.

Yeah I grinned like an idiot when I first saw the Jizo statues in Bower's Kingdom.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never thought there would be a Mario game where the ending is comparable to the ending of Halo 1

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

I never thought there would be a Mario game where the ending is comparable to the ending of Halo 1

That's exactly what I was thinking when I rolled through the ending. This game came at me with the nostalgia from weird directions

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Regy Rusty posted:

I did it, I got all the moons in Odyssey

What a great game
How many jars of piss do you have next to you?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat good job dude

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

irlZaphod posted:

How many jars of piss do you have next to you?

None, that’s the beauty of the Switch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Now that I've beaten Wolfenstein I can get back to doing important work

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Macaluso posted:

nice

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nice

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I love when you skip the “Odyssey taking off for another world” animation and the loading screen is a cute little 8-bit Odyssey moving across the screen.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Macaluso posted:

You aren't allowed to pick up any more moons, I'm sorry.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

homeless snail posted:

You aren't allowed to pick up any more moons, I'm sorry.

Correction, you are only allowed to get 351 more. No more, no less

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Correction, you are only allowed to get 351 more. No more, no less

Wait 351 plus 69 is.....

Nice

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Finished the story of Mario. I'm glad things not only continue to get better to the end, but also considerably more WTF as well.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Jump combos in Mario are so much fun. After beating the game I've been running around all the kingdoms doing jumps I couldn't at the time. Even for no reward, it's fun to see what you can jump up.

Don't know how to embed tweets..

Cliffhanger Mario in the desert - https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/925330740060884992
Racing in Cascade kingdom - https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/925365393681612800

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bowser's wedding hair is very nice and Peach is a lucky girl

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Nice

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finished the main story of Mario. Ended up with 260ish moons after all was said and done. The post game seems pretty insane, I've already found quite a few challenges that have given me serious issues. Fantastic experience, though, one of the best games I've played in a really long time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Um.

The New Donk City music festival. Are you kidding me with this? :psyduck:

Imagine a real life face doing this: :buddy:

Also this is my favorite picture so far:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just bought this Anker USB hub on Amazon and it doesn't charge my Pro controller using the controller's included cable. Recognizes the Switch just fine, though (as well as everything else I've plugged into it, in both ports.) Anyone else run into this with the Pro controller?

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 1, 2017

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I have a split-level house, so I sat on my stairs and played SMO while handing out candy.
Truly next-gen.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Haven't even played mario yet, been to busy getting badges in ARMS

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fly with me posted:

I have a split-level house, so I sat on my stairs and played SMO while handing out candy.
Truly next-gen.

Ever since I moved I don't get any trick-or-treaters. I miss handing out candy :(

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

El Burbo posted:

Theres one in cap kingdom that requires a motion shake frog jump. It took me forever to get it because I didn’t even think to shake the thing since I never use the motion controls.
I kind of recall finding a button combo for that extra high jump. Since half the buttons do the same thing i’ll guess it’s Y+B.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Internet Kraken posted:

Ever since I moved I don't get any trick-or-treaters. I miss handing out candy :(

Just put a sign in your yard that says FREE CANDY.
Then it can be Halloween every day!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought it was a fire emblem level

I don't know why people keep referring to that level as Dark Souls or Fire Emblem or anything but

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

Upthread I posted that I would prefer they do a quick sequel rather than DLC. Now I just want them to make more of this delightful game and I don't care how.

After seeing the kingdom where the "moons" are shaped differently than moons, I would pay another $60 if they remade super mario 64 as dlc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What's the deal with (postgame) being able to buy moons 10 at a time from the shops? Do those count towards your total? Do they subtract from the missing moons in the level?

• Locked thread