Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Dongattack posted:

I think it might have, ahem, aired a day late or something? At least the um tv-station... where i watch it didn't air it yesterday, but err it was there this morning!

I liked the episode, it was pretty emotional, but i find myself wishing for more supernatural and more advancement to the "lucifer is the actual devil" plot and less drama/cop stuff.

The show used to air a day earlier than the US in Canada, which was why it appeared in... alternate media sources... before the US air date. As of this week's episode, the Canadian channel that was airing it has moved the show to Monday night, same as the US.

It's really annoying to me as well, because it's already my most overstuffed television day, and now I have 4 shows to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The season feels like it's treading a ton of water w/r/t Lucifer's angst. Feels like a lot of redundant/repeated lines and the "cursing my Dad at every opportunity" shtick has become quite tired after 2 seasons. I hope they turn it around.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I find it weird how they've seemingly completely dropped the Lucifer/Chloe stuff. Like, at the end of last season before he got knocked on the head weren't they just a step removed from starting something serious? Since he tried to show her his face there's not even a hint of anything between them, and now they're setting up the Chloe/Cardboard Policeman romance plot.

I'm not totally in love with the whole romance subplot, but dropping it so casually feels like it kind of short-circuited both of their character development.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Just going back to Lucifer as BTK, his also an immortal superbeing whose kind of beyond human mortality. Half of his thing is the fact he doesn’t understand why is Father the co-creator if the universe punishes people for being the way he created them.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Maybe episodes 2-5 were those 4 filler episodes they were talking about having made?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Next week's episode looks fun. Chloe & Co. getting wasted in Vegas with their pal, The Devil.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Dongattack posted:

Maybe episodes 2-5 were those 4 filler episodes they were talking about having made?

Only the Maze episode.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Ugh. Unless there is a massive quality increase over the next few episodes, I could see this getting cancelled. It’s not quite as bad as the first few episodes of the first season, but it’s getting there.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Pesmerga posted:

Ugh. Unless there is a massive quality increase over the next few episodes, I could see this getting cancelled. It’s not quite as bad as the first few episodes of the first season, but it’s getting there.

No, the first few episodes were better than this. I am worried.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
This episode is out of order. Not sure when it should have aired, I don't pay that close attention.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

wormil posted:

This episode is out of order. Not sure when it should have aired, I don't pay that close attention.

No, according to the production codes the episode we saw this week was in order. The next two episodes however are from the ones they had filmed at the end of last season.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

The Lord Bude posted:

No, according to the production codes the episode we saw this week was in order. The next two episodes however are from the ones they had filmed at the end of last season.

There was the throwaway line about the new LT in the hospital but that could have been shot later. But it doesn't fit into this spot on the timeline. I'm starting to wonder if a few of the episodes weren't re-shot, or maybe scenes from different episodes mixed around, that would explain why Chloe's appearance is different scene to scene. In one scene she's wearing pink lipstick and pretty girl face, in the next her eyes are dark again and lips are a natural color, cheekbones more prominent. Her clothing style switches up. She and Lucifer seem to have completely lost interest in one another. I'm a dude, and if I'm noticing it, it's pretty obvious. I could be wrong and the show has some clever underplot that is yet to be revealed, like Mum is possessing Chloe on the sly, but I doubt it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

wormil posted:

There was the throwaway line about the new LT in the hospital but that could have been shot later. But it doesn't fit into this spot on the timeline. I'm starting to wonder if a few of the episodes weren't re-shot, or maybe scenes from different episodes mixed around, that would explain why Chloe's appearance is different scene to scene. In one scene she's wearing pink lipstick and pretty girl face, in the next her eyes are dark again and lips are a natural color, cheekbones more prominent. Her clothing style switches up. She and Lucifer seem to have completely lost interest in one another. I'm a dude, and if I'm noticing it, it's pretty obvious. I could be wrong and the show has some clever underplot that is yet to be revealed, like Mum is possessing Chloe on the sly, but I doubt it.

Lucifer is still defying God but denying his feelings for Chloe but his guilt at "not being there" belies his true feelings.

Chloe has been patient with Lucifer and his weird play-acting being the devil for two years. He finally says he's going to drop a truth bomb, then disappears, then sits her down all serious and doubles down on the stuff she can't stand. She's over this poo poo. I don't blame her.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Aleph Null posted:

She's over this poo poo. I don't blame her.

Yeah, feelings are like that, you just turn them on and off.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Over this poo poo kind of sums up how I feel about the show right now. The drop in quality between the end of the second season and this has been immense.

Levels of Maze and Trixie are also down. Which makes it worse.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

wormil posted:

Yeah, feelings are like that, you just turn them on and off.

Are you not a human being? Have you never just been so over someone's poo poo that you just shut them out and try your best to move on? If she didn't have to work with him, she wouldn't even be doing that. The Bad Lieutenant pretty much forced her to.
And, while you can't "turn them on and off" you can suppress and ignore feelings until they explode out from some minor thing that is only tangentially related. It'll come. Right now, she's hoping if she buries it enough, it will die, but because God ordained it or whatever, it won't.

Their entire relationship is profoundly unhealthy because they are both in denial and honestly, don't really want to be in a relationship with each other.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Aleph Null posted:

Are you not a human being?

Look at Dan, that's realistic storytelling. There is no indication storywise, nor anything in Chloe's expressions that she is trying to get over Lucifer. In this episode they were dead to each other and that is an inconsistency in the storytelling and this show is typically better than that. I kept hoping there was some master plan with Chloe that would explain her strange behavior but I'm starting to think maybe it's the actress.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
OK, so am I crazy, or when Bad T. Guyington got shot in tonight's episode, did he utter "Fuckin' leg!!" under his breath?

I could not get closed captioning, because apparently they're not doing that again (they'd fixed it for a while ["they" being my cable carrier {yes, I know, cable... but dish sucks and I am not cutting the cord--if I did, where would I send my $250 every month?}, Spectrum], because of complaints, but apparently now that functionality is gone again), but I listened to is a bunch and it really sounded like an F-bomb.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I liked this episode, so it's definitely getting cancelled now, right? :ohdear:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I know this was one of the "slot anywhere" episodes filmed last season, but it would be interesting if they used it to jump-start Chloe and Lucifer's relationship again.

Also Ella, still not all that interesting, though she did show a poo poo-ton of skin.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

I did enjoy this one a bit more than some of the previous episodes thus far. It was sort of a mixed bag, given how they wanted the new Lieutenant to be a love interest for Chloe.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

OK, so am I crazy, or when Bad T. Guyington got shot in tonight's episode, did he utter "Fuckin' leg!!" under his breath?

I could not get closed captioning, because apparently they're not doing that again (they'd fixed it for a while ["they" being my cable carrier {yes, I know, cable... but dish sucks and I am not cutting the cord--if I did, where would I send my $250 every month?}, Spectrum], because of complaints, but apparently now that functionality is gone again), but I listened to is a bunch and it really sounded like an F-bomb.

Sounds a lot like it, but he basically grunts and says "my leg!"

That "UNGH" noise doesn't help much.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Yeah this episode continued to underscore the massive difference in quality between season 2 (which this was shot as part of) and season 3.

I hope they can fix whatever is going wrong, I love this show when it is firing on all cylinders but the diminished version is sad and uncomfortable. Stop retreading the dad thing every loving episode, get rid of wooden captain, let's have some real character development again.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is this just an x-filsian "everything sucks when not made in Canada" problem?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lopez in the dancers outfit was loving stunning good god.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lopez in the dancers outfit was loving stunning good god.

Yeah, like I said - Aimee Garcia showed a *lot* of skin in this episode.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

grack posted:

Also Ella, still not all that interesting, though she did show a poo poo-ton of skin.

I feel bad for her but she has zero charisma and no on screen chemistry with the cast.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

wormil posted:

I feel bad for her but she has zero charisma and no on screen chemistry with the cast.

She'd be awesome in a completely different show. I like her and her personality, but it is just as "off" as Lucifer's and he's the Devil.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Naw, Ella's great. Case in point:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Every show needs comic relief characters that are often enough more or less isolated, don't pity a actor actually getting paid work/it makes sense/don't over-think it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
This episode is wonderful. A great look at the outside view of people that interact with Lucifer.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Echophonic posted:

This episode is wonderful. A great look at the outside view of people that interact with Lucifer.

Yep. This poor guy's descent into madness is kind of hilarious to see.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
There's something about this show turning Lucifer getting shot into the setup of a joke that I always enjoy.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

That was a loving great episode with an AWESOME ending.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also shooting a hole in a Burberry suit is absolutely hell-worthy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The guy who played Reese looked like some of of off-brand Thomas Jane-meets-Christopher Lambert in Highlander. I feel like i’ve seen him in a dozen things over the years.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This episode was incredible. Good TV all around. It makes me so sad about how season 3 has been shaping up outside of the preshot episodes.

P.S. It's interesting how we have two shows out in the last couple years where Hell is looping through your worst memory over and over again.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Gonz posted:

The guy who played Reese looked like some of of off-brand Thomas Jane-meets-Christopher Lambert in Highlander. I feel like i’ve seen him in a dozen things over the years.

Probably more. Patrick Fabian's one of those TV actors that gets a bit role in basically everything.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
"And the best part? The doors aren't even locked, you can leave any time you want." Doors clearly locked with CHAINS and people desperately banging on them to get out in last shot :v:

Totally okay episode tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Dongattack posted:

"And the best part? The doors aren't even locked, you can leave any time you want." Doors clearly locked with CHAINS and people desperately banging on them to get out in last shot :v:

Totally okay episode tho.

I think that may have been more to screw with Reese than anything else.

• Locked thread