Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I thought it was "moving with bad Internet" still and not "broken laptop" again. But I mean, that could easily be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

If I remember right, LB is living in a very low income household, which is why they're constantly moving. I'd imagine his laptop options are pretty lovely so I'm not surprised they keep failing on him. They're probably free or cheap old junkers.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
This is true. Old laptops do tend to eventually commit suicide.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fhate posted:

This is true. Old laptops do tend to eventually commit suicide.

Or it gets obnoxiously hard to keep them operational. My sister had a laptop with a broken keyboard, for example. I had to lend her one of my old USB-ones so she could plug it into her laptop so she could keep using that thing.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
Lazerbot and his brother changed the DeviantArt page's name to https://lltailsgetstrolledll.deviantart.com/
Yes, those are L's

Embergram also posted this update

Embergram posted:

As you know, we were talking a little downtime due to my baby girl's birth. Everything went well and we've been busy keeping her face from crying so much that we couldn't sleep for poo poo lol But it's been going pretty well so i will announce that we will be getting back to business and continue Tails Gets Trolled Polished, expect to see a page soon. <3 Sorry for the wait and thanks for the congrats. On a side note, we are aware that we haven't updated the script like we've mentioned in the last post. We will be updating it soon hopefully.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Lltails gets Trolledll

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Never knew Lazerbot was Welsh

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
In the meantime I read through all of Hitmen for Destiny and I'm really questioning why I still have this thread bookmarked. HfD was everything I wanted from an MS Paint comic.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

llPlease support our Patreonll

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

david_a posted:

In the meantime I read through all of Hitmen for Destiny and I'm really questioning why I still have this thread bookmarked. HfD was everything I wanted from an MS Paint comic.

I haven't read Hitmen for Destiny in years but I remember it being a hella wild ride, and being insanely awesome. Should definitely reread it sometime. I also remember The Accidental Space Spy being absolutely top-tier.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Everything the Hitmen for Destiny guy has done is amazing.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Hitmen for Destiny is a good version of "everything is chaotic" 'random' comic.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's because he very clearly actually bothers to think everything through. Like "what would the implications really be for having portals like from the game Portal, and then writing a fight/chase scene using them?", or the elaborate farces he plans out that take like 60 comics to resolve where everyone is pretending to be everyone else and the need to maintain the original lie means eventually nothing makes sense anymore. Your typical webcomic-maker would get bored halfway through something that complicated and just either give up and stop making the comic, or would just suddenly resolve everything out of nowhere because they wanted to move on, but he actually plans everything out and then follows through.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

An important distinction between Thorsby and Lazerbot is that the things that make Thorsby good are completely on purpose - there's no outsider art element or "so bad it's good" stuff beyond his questionable art skill.

I'm not certain if this was linked recently (I don't think it was?), but we have a thread for his most recent series (and his other stuff) that's worth checking out if you like what you've seen so far. Trixie Slaughteraxe for President is definitely leagues better than recent TGT.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
New page after 3 weeks of nothing

Also

lazerbot posted:

Due to our current situation, this page will not be finished until a later date.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Wasn't Shadow's original line "only fat people and retarded fat people repeat insults"? That was so much better.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

It's the other way around, but yeah. Can't believe I didn't notice that the first time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zinkraptor posted:

An important distinction between Thorsby and Lazerbot is that the things that make Thorsby good are completely on purpose - there's no outsider art element or "so bad it's good" stuff beyond his questionable art skill.

This is true but I always find it easier to sell Thorsby as an "outsider artist" to people because it seems like its the only thing that will get people to look past the art. Its ridiculous.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is the lead troll supposed to be Brian Michael Bendis, btw?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

HBar posted:

It's the other way around, but yeah. Can't believe I didn't notice that the first time.

Hnnnnnnng, this was so good way back then.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
New page

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
New page

Woah its Eggman

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

This is true but I always find it easier to sell Thorsby as an "outsider artist" to people because it seems like its the only thing that will get people to look past the art. Its ridiculous.

One of these days someone should suggest to Thorsby to team up with a better artist and relegate himself to writing plus maybe making some storyboards if he really likes drawing.

Puke Fukem posted:

New page

Woah its Eggman

Clearly, Shadow got traumatized by Robotnik in the past so much he sees his face everywhere now

This makes Robotnik the ultimate troll

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Eggman?...

...OK, interesting...

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I have a feeling this has everything to do with the Amy getting raped by Eggman chapter.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What has LB been up to on Facebook? Let us see:

quote:

You know what i want to see? A movie that focuses on the racism towards white people. I mean i haven't seen it yet. So lets see it happen.

quote:

I think everyone knows what the fusion is on DBZ
But i always wondered.. is it gay to look at your own penis in the fusion? Because technically it's also another mans penis?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The movie he's looking for is Falling Down.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I have a feeling this has everything to do with the Amy getting raped by Eggman chapter.

Ugh. You might be right.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

The MSJ posted:

What has LB been up to on Facebook? Let us see:

Reminder that people thought he was an intentional genius at one point, and not just someone who made something so bad that it wrapped around into being good.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Chump Farts posted:

Reminder that people thought he was an intentional genius at one point, and not just someone who made something so bad that it wrapped around into being good.

Speak for yourself, that's some dril level questions right there.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Chump Farts posted:

To be fair there was/is the third option where he made a bad comic that got popular, and started trolling its "fanbase" because they clearly annoyed him.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

ToastyPotato posted:

To be fair there was/is the third option where he made a bad comic that got popular, and started trolling its "fanbase" because they clearly annoyed him.

The "Lazerbot as Andy Kaufman" hypothesis. I would have given that a bit more credit before Trump revealed what proportion of the American public actually believes that "racism against whites" is a major societal problem.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Mandatory Assembly posted:

The "Lazerbot as Andy Kaufman" hypothesis. I would have given that a bit more credit before Trump revealed what proportion of the American public actually believes that "racism against whites" is a major societal problem.

I don't think you need to be particularly brilliant to be a troll. He lashed out against some fans because he often completely misunderstood what people were saying (as in he literally did not know the meaning of the words people were using at some points.) I don't think a Kaufman comparison works at all. He made a bad comic that became ironically popular and then got mad at people when he couldn't understand what they were saying about him and his comic, to the point where he inserted some of that into the series.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't think you need to be particularly brilliant to be a troll. He lashed out against some fans because he often completely misunderstood what people were saying (as in he literally did not know the meaning of the words people were using at some points.) I don't think a Kaufman comparison works at all. He made a bad comic that became ironically popular and then got mad at people when he couldn't understand what they were saying about him and his comic, to the point where he inserted some of that into the series.

Jew Lowtax is still the best character.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Chump Farts posted:

In all fairness, the original stuff was so bad in the beginning that it looked like it has to be done that terribly on purpose. When LB made it clear that no he wasn't doing it intentionally and that he was actually just that brokebrained, it was still funny for a bit because of how bizarre it was

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 2, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
His reaction to the phrase "magnum opus" sealed it for me :allears:

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
Whole buncha new stuff wowee

A new page

Some Halloween specials

A poll for your favorite main character
https://lltailsgetstrolledll.deviantart.com/journal/poll/6970738/

And finally, Lazerbot made something with Photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Chump Farts posted:

Yeah, but people said that about squirrelking and they were right.

I know that they weren't right in lazy-b's case, but I can understand the theory considering poo poo like this:

Puke Fukem posted:

And finally, Lazerbot made something with Photoshop