Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Thinking about travelling to the Western Wastes.

not booking poo poo till its announced for reals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

Urijah Faber: Bottom line, tj was not a team player. The guy wouldn't even flush when he'd drop a justin bucholtz in the danny garcia at ultimate fitness, he was too competitive. I think duane was behind that.

lmao

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
We have a new housemate and we've been getting him into the UFC. As part of that, we've rewatched all of Cody's fights. At first, I noticed his toughness and power, but the thing that has really developed is how accurate he is. In the middle of a wild exchange with Almeida, he found his chin exactly.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Bisping has absolutely nothing for anyone in the top 5.

FTFY. I know the last year or so has been misleading, so let's remember that Bisping managed to fight in the UFC for just shy of 10 years before doing anything of note. And the things he did do have asterixes on them.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i think whittaker bisping could be a good fight. bisping will have the size advantage and i could see it being a close decision.

He'll have a height advantage, but Whittaker is thick in the torso. He's a loving solid and really strong fighter.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 1, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah Whittaker is strong as hell. He was killing himself to cut to welter, and now he's super comfortable at 185.

He would herd Bisping into a high kick-right hook combo after loving with his timing and distance and put him down. Bisping's wrestling has nothing for Knuckles.

November is loving action packed. Hit me up with some thread titles and I'll get the new one up tonight after the gym.

Edit: gently caress, there's basically an event every weekend until the end of the year.

Memento fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 1, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
well bisping knocked out rockhold who is in the top 3

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
making GBS threads on Bisping is getting old. He's tough as gently caress, has a varied striking game, and maybe possibly has the chance of not getting wrestled to absolute death by GSP. He's actually been getting better as he aged.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

UFC November - Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skip My Posts posted:

well bisping knocked out rockhold who is in the top 3

Doesn’t count, Rockhold didn’t know Bisping could do that to him and so didn’t try.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC Nov The Return of the King in the North

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC November - I meant no disrespect to the LGBT community

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

UFC November - Zoom out, enhance! GSP’s Hog Station

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bisping sucks, caught rockhold slipping, & then has cherry picked insane nonsense fights for himself that say nothing about the division or his place in it. He has one eye and his only outstanding skill is not getting as tired as some other guys get.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Also he's going to beat GSP or at least no contest him after GSP's drug results come in.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah its kind of funny that gsp and bisping both cherry picked each other

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m really glad I get to see GSP fight again even if the entire thing including possibly outcomes is all pretty dumb.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
robert whittaker looks like he will beat up mike bisping

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

Haha, Bisping: "Georges looks like he was impregnated by aliens."

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah its kind of funny that gsp and bisping both cherry picked each other

Chael Sonnen once said something along the lines of "I want the easiest fights that pay the most money." I can't fault that strategy, but I'd say Bisping against Henderson and GSP are pretty much textbook examples of it.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 1, 2017

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CRISPYBABY posted:

Chael Sonnen once said something along the lines of "I want the easiest fights that pay the most money." I can't fault that strategy, but I'd say Bisping against Henderson and GSP are pretty much textbook examples of it.

Honestly though, with his long history with the UFC, he probably deserves a couple paydays before he has to face the monsters of MW again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bisping's meteoric rise began with usada testing. either that or anderson got old, rockhold's standup is so simplistic it could be exploited by david branch, and hendo got even older while bisping stayed exactly the same. whichever.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahaha holy poo poo anderson is fighting kelvin? i wonder what happens when kelvin fights someone who needs space and respect bordering on reverence to be most effective

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rockhold is a bad match up for just about any one because his kicking game is so solid and hes an excellent grappler. He legitimately sucks as a boxer though and even before Bisping could be real lazy in defense and with his footwork.

Bisping and whittaker is an interesting match up because unlike whittakers last four fights Bisping wont take him down and won't try to fight him on the outside. He'll want to be in the pocket where he can slip and push the pace.

I'm not worried about Whittakers chin but Bisping could definitely eek out a 3 rounds out of 5 win if Bobby cant find his chin and hurt him. Gsp v whittaker depending on what gsp has left might actually be the better match up for him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Yeah Whittaker is strong as hell. He was killing himself to cut to welter, and now he's super comfortable at 185.

He would herd Bisping into a high kick-right hook combo after loving with his timing and distance and put him down. Bisping's wrestling has nothing for Knuckles.

November is loving action packed. Hit me up with some thread titles and I'll get the new one up tonight after the gym.

Edit: gently caress, there's basically an event every weekend until the end of the year.

bisping is a good striker and came back from getting dropped and then soundly knocked out by silva to win the fight against silva .. i actually think whittaker has the mountain to climb here

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Sometimes I feel like this thread has a weird penchant for ardently arguing why [guy who is a champion] is Actually Not All That Good and Would Totally Get Owned by [guy who is not a champion]

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Mostly just when the champ is Michael Bisping and his defenses in a stacked division have come against two guys whose primes were seven years ago.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CRISPYBABY posted:

Mostly just when the champ is Michael Bisping and his defenses in a stacked division have come against two guys whose primes were seven years ago.

and when he ducked the actual number 1 contender so hard he turned into a goose

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Noctone posted:

Sometimes I feel like this thread has a weird penchant for ardently arguing why [guy who is a champion] is Actually Not All That Good and Would Totally Get Owned by [guy who is not a champion]

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner, sometimes I feel like my only friend is the city I live in (the city of angels)

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
take me all the way kev

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bisping is a way better technical striker than anyone whittaker has made look stupid except maybe for uriah hall who has his own set of problems. i said it when the fight might happen but if they fought i see it going to a close split decision.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Noctone posted:

I think the opposite when we have champion bias for Joanna going into the Rose fight etc.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba70-4ljdkK/?hl=en&taken-by=jonnybones

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mewse posted:

I think the opposite when we have champion bias for Joanna going into the Rose fight etc.

if joannas losing soon its probably not to rose . andrade is her only challenger in my opinion , she can win their rematch with some technical improvement or even 1 good punch. shes much stronger than jj and didnt tire under her pace until i think round 4 so shes physically capable of it at least

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Jon Jones trains for his toughest challenge yet, the "you stole my bong bro" guy on the nation's toughest driveway

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba5I1PnAp86/

tihs ones better yard pad work

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Jon Jones trains for his toughest challenge yet, the "you stole my bong bro" guy on the nation's toughest driveway

lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yes Jon Jones has hit the T.O. driveway-workout point of his career, it should get even better from here then.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BlindSite posted:

if Bobby cant find his chin and hurt him.

Have you ever watched Bisping fight?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
UFC November: Ahm Nawt Empressed with Jons a Performance Enhanshers

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[in the patented Jon Jones fake apology voice] I just want to apologise to my fans, that's not who I am. I have plenty of my own bongs but I got caught up in the moment, I'm sorry he wasn't good enough to stop me from stealing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[in the patented Jon Jones fake apology voice] I just want to apologise to my fans, that's not who I am. I have plenty of my own bongs but I got caught up in the moment, I'm sorry he wasn't good enough to stop me from stealing it.

Lol

• Locked thread