Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm so sorry that tomorrow is the day they switch to Christmas music.

When I worked retail it was my job to change the holiday mix before we closed on Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I was at the mall yesterday and next to one of the entrances there was a live chorus singing Christmas carols. I thought that was a rather perverse thing to be doing on October 30th.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
The christmas music was more tolerable last year, since they switched away from shortish seasonal playlists to a radio-like format. It's still bad but at least there's more variety and not the same billion versions of silver bells as many times a day. gently caress silver bells. Hopefully it's the same this year.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
All I know is I have to listen to a lovely cover of Last Christmas like thirty times a day every day until loving January.

Goddamn janitor whistling Christmas music. Motherfucker been doing it since JULY.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bad Christmas Songs:
  • Last Christmas
  • Simply Having (A Wonderful Christmas Time)
  • I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
  • Christmas Shoes Song

The only good Christmas songs are the Tom Petty ones.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Beastie posted:

Bad Christmas Songs:
  • Last Christmas

oh ye gods these are probably the two worst songs ever written and every single person who has ever performed either one needs to be captured and brought to face justice for their crimes.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

All I know is I have to listen to a lovely cover of Last Christmas like thirty times a day every day until loving January.

Goddamn janitor whistling Christmas music. Motherfucker been doing it since JULY.

One of my garden guys does this year around. Hes actually got a hell of a voice which is a nice change from most peoples screeching attempts.

Theres only 1 song during christmas that i hate. Dont know the singer but she forces 3 or 4 full length songs into the timeframe of 1 normal song (3 minutes? ) and i want to punch every speaker when its on. When she gets to jingle bells, shes singing as absolutely fast as she can.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

oh ye gods these are probably the two worst songs ever written and every single person who has ever performed either one needs to be captured and brought to face justice for their crimes.

Ok. I forgot about those 2. They are awful too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Beastie posted:

Bad Christmas Songs:
  • Christmas Shoes Song

Counter point: I heard a summary of it before I heard the song itself, and as it dawned on me what song I was hearing the first time I heard it, it made me laugh out loud. It's so bad and forcefully corny that I almost can't hate it. Doesn't mean I'll listen to it on purpose, but the once a year I end up hearing it ends up being not so bad.

The other 3 are basically correct, but I can stand the Hippopotamus song a couple of times before wanting to smash something.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Beastie posted:

Bad Christmas Songs:
  • Last Christmas
  • Christmas Shoes Song

What about the twisted sister christmas album? Someone would sneak that into their store's music.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

grimcreaper posted:

One of my garden guys does this year around. Hes actually got a hell of a voice which is a nice change from most peoples screeching attempts.

Mine sounds off key and lovely so it is like having a rusty cheese grater dragged across your ear-taint. He is the most annoying manchild in the world.

There are some pretty good orchestral music songs that are well put together and don't really intrude too much if you don't focus on them. That's nice. Too bad 80% of our songs are trash tier Christmas songs with some past-their-prime singer warbling that poo poo out like the national anthem at the Super Bowl

I would rather listen to rabid dogs barking out Jingle Bells for the next two months than hear someone singing All I Want For Christmas as hard as they loving can.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Zeth posted:

What about the twisted sister christmas album? Someone would sneak that into their store's music.

The pro move is to sneak The Night Santa Went Crazy onto a toy store's playlist

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I just made the people in my section listen to some Christmas music and everyone got really super stressed lololol.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I just made the people in my section listen to some Christmas music and everyone got really super stressed lololol.

You are a monster.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Shugojin posted:

The only unbelievable part of this is the guy apparently calmly accepting that sales tax exists

I think he was embarrassed about it so he was calm and then left.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Beastie posted:

Bad Christmas Songs:
  • Last Christmas
  • Christmas Shoes Song

Ahem

Trans-Siberian Orchestra :megadeath:

I miss savatage :(

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Beastie posted:

[*]Simply Having (A Wonderful Christmas Time)

I hate you so much right now.

On music, we've been having for the first time a Halloween flavour. The budget was atrocious and it seems the only extra ones on high rotation was Horror Movie by the Skyhooks and the theme from the Adams Family.

Eric the Mauve posted:

If only the Beatles weren't dying in order of talent.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 31, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zenithe posted:

I hate you so much right now.

On music, we've been having for the first time a Halloween flavour. The budget was atrocious and it seems the only extra ones on high rotation was Horror Movie by the Skyhooks and the theme from the Adams Family.

No monster mash? :(

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Tunicate posted:

loving tell me about it.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Tunicate posted:

The only Halloween song ee had play today was The Munsters theme.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
I'm off today so I get to avoid telling people that we're out of zombie frappucinos, on the other hand the holiday soft launch begins tomorrow which means soft jazz christmas music and....eggnog lattes

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also the worst Christmas song is that Alvin and the Chipmunks thing they play

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Shugojin posted:

Also the worst Christmas song is that Alvin and the Chipmunks thing they play

weeeee can harrrrrrrrrr dlee staaaaand the wayyyyt

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

weeeee can harrrrrrrrrr dlee staaaaand the wayyyyt

t:mad:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

South Park had some lovely renditions you should sneak into your store's playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUSr-rH2PuY&t=510s

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eric the Mauve posted:

You say that when Christmas Shoes exists? That song is the worst Christmas song to ever exist.

Back when I worked in a grocery store, we had Christmas by The Who on our playlist, at least one year. That was pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPmijD6jqHs&hd=1

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Manuel Calavera posted:

Back when I worked in a grocery store, we had Christmas by The Who on our playlist, at least one year. That was pretty great.

Last year we were still blaring Christmas in the Sun, by Rolf Harris, convicted sex offender.

Also the song is garbage trash like almost all Christmas music.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Father Christmas by The Kinks is on our yearly Christmas playlist but that's about the only upside. Luckily our store doesn't start Christmas music until after Thanksgiving because the owner actually works in our store and also hates it.

e: Oh yeah also for everybody that bitches about Christmas going up so soon we also get people bitching that we don't have our artificial tree displays up halfway through October so everybody can just go gently caress themselves.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 1, 2017

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

grimcreaper posted:

The only Halloween song ee had play today was The Munsters theme.

We've had the ghostbusters theme playing occasionally for the past couple of weeks, which is awesome.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Tunicate posted:

A few years ago monster mash was on our regular daily rotation year round.

I actually like christmas carols at work for the most part, although I prefer more traditional carols. (I'm quite partial to Sir Christopher Lee's Heavy metal version of The Little Drummer Boy though.) The only one that genuinely annoys me is Feliz Navidad. Luckily I don't hear it much anymore but a few years ago it must have been in vogue because I swear they played the loving thing every 20 mins.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 1, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

My company released a poo poo disco arrangement of their jingle, but it meant two glorious weeks of Earth Wind and Fire, Jackson Five and the Village People.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

The Lord Bude posted:

Sir Christopher Lee's Heavy metal version of The Little Drummer Boy

Count loving Dooku does heavy metal music? :aaaaa:

I'm going to start the Christmas music at work the day after Thanksgiving. I may or may not have already started at home. iHeartChristmas all the way :colbert:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Lord Bude posted:

A few years ago monster mash was on our regular daily rotation year round.

I'd love it if someone managed to sneak the Monster gently caress onto a retail music tape. It sounds close enough that people might not even notice it if it was on in the background.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Fil5000 posted:

I'd love it if someone managed to sneak the Monster gently caress onto a retail music tape. It sounds close enough that people might not even notice it if it was on in the background.

He says "gently caress" loudly and angrily several times, each louder and angrier than the last. I think somebody would notice by the end.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

D34THROW posted:

Count loving Dooku does heavy metal music? :aaaaa:

I'm going to start the Christmas music at work the day after Thanksgiving. I may or may not have already started at home. iHeartChristmas all the way :colbert:

He started out in 2005, initially collaborating with Rhapsody of Fire; but in the years following he released several Heavy Metal christmas EPs and 2 full length heavy metal Albums; Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross in 2010 and Charlemagne: The Omens of Death in 2013. This is one of the music videos from the albums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY

I highly recommend people watch it.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 1, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yo so it's not that loving hard to count things right

Like if you are looking at a pack of cigarettes and one of the same type but with $.50 off on the packaging, it is natural to count these as different items, right?

Right?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I wouldn't necessarily assume a different UPC, no.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Yeah, if there's just a coupon on it, I wouldn't necessarily assume it's a different UPC. But the cigarette deals we used to get at my old place would come with sleeves with new barcodes on them that would cover about half of the packaging, including the original barcode.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hm. That's actually really helpful.

It causes problems with an automated inventory system. Then again, I suppose it wouldn't be obvious if you weren't involved in all of the item level including UPC tracking, etc. I'm learning!

We are going to be writing a new procedure for this whole thing when the software and equipment changes so we can include that sort of thing.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

Yo so it's not that loving hard to count things right

Like if you are looking at a pack of cigarettes and one of the same type but with $.50 off on the packaging, it is natural to count these as different items, right?

Right?

If I had a dollar for every frickin' time I had to send back cases of liquor that new salespeople have shipped in despite me repeatedly informing them that the given product was not needed, wanted, and in fact we've been sitting on the same loving case for nearly a year I would have about fifty or sixty bucks spread out over five salespeople in the last year alone.

for the love of gently caress count things and pay attention to order sheets