Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The guns are actually all NERF guns in what can only be called a very controversial synergy deal between the two companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

the loot boxes are NOT firmly planted on the ground

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/925725027051495426

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao how far they are up their asses about their stupid zombie mode is loving hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DrNutt posted:

Lmao how far they are up their asses about their stupid zombie mode is loving hilarious.

it's so weird to see people talk about that mode as a serious thing. Like this

widespread posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/status/925493568969629697

"We want to make COD Zombies the elitist poo poo."

A) means nothing to me because I don't know what half those words mean, and B) makes me go 'isn't this just a dumb side mode why are you talking about it so seriously'

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

it's so weird to see people talk about that mode as a serious thing. Like this

A) means nothing to me because I don't know what half those words mean, and B) makes me go 'isn't this just a dumb side mode why are you talking about it so seriously'

the P.Morder isn't even an EE, you DICK

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

the loot boxes are NOT firmly planted on the ground

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/925725027051495426

:lol: this is pathetic.

Haha poo poo this happens on that big HQ lobby so basically you get to see whenever anyone is opening boxes which in turn makes you want to get some boxes yourself. This is almost offensively predatory.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 1, 2017

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
If that loot box can pancake somebody it would redeem a whole lot

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: this is hilarious

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'm impressed with the innovations we're seeing from the player psychology division at Activision. Great stuff. Love too have my spinal cord tickled with variable releases of dopamine. And now other players can participate with me on the beaches of Normandy!

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I won't lie, I love the loot box animation. It's so inappropriate that it's loving hilarious

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
This is why Audie Murphy was so OP.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
holy poo poo that loot box. this. this is why my grand pappy stormed the beach at Normandy.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

When I've bought loot boxes in other games it was a deeply shameful experience I would never buy them if other people could see my shame lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mazz posted:

If that loot box can pancake somebody it would redeem a whole lot

really if they want to instantly make the loot boxes not a gross thing, just make this a possibility. Weaponized loot drops.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Fellatio del Toro posted:

When I've bought loot boxes in other games it was a deeply shameful experience I would never buy them if other people could see my shame lol

Oh gently caress me I never thought of that :negative:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Hollenhammer posted:

the P.Morder isn't even an EE, you DICK

You could prob translate that to German and it would make more sense.

Javes posted:

I'm impressed with the innovations we're seeing from the player psychology division at Activision. Great stuff. Love too have my spinal cord tickled with variable releases of dopamine. And now other players can participate with me on the beaches of Normandy!

Nah dude, you gotta get that batch feed man. Let the high hit hard and ride it out. Also consider morphine to numb your senses so you have better aim.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

One does not simply EE into P. Morder

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/925759065187172353

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Best value.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

descends from the heavens

"Now that's a supply drop"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm gonna take a second to :godwin: here, and just say, "I'm surprised they didn't just make the loot boxes a cattle car on a train track to a remote German forest," :hitler:

So, so tired of this bullshit.

It'd certainly be more accurate.

"Look, Herr Kotick! This one has many gold teeth! Und rare watches! Best Value!"

:fuckoff:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

See that would require more effort to code one specific area as the supply drop area and have like a shitload of trains piled up in said area and on fire

If only there's a kinda camp we can concentrate this cash grab stuff into.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm gonna take a second to :godwin: here, and just say, "I'm surprised they didn't just make the loot boxes a cattle car on a train track to a remote German forest," :hitler:

So, so tired of this bullshit.

It'd certainly be more accurate.

"Look, Herr Kotick! This one has many gold teeth! Und rare watches! Best Value!"

:fuckoff:

god if they just went full crazy with it it'd at least be funny. Some half assed still kinda stupid and out of place thing like this is just bad but if they went full 'YOU PICK THE BONES OF THE WAR DEAD, YOU LOOT THE FILLINGS OF DEATHCAMP VICTIMS...you got a hat' it'd be hilarious.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Hans, line zem up, Make zem take ze left door for common drops, und ze door on ze right for ze 'rares'."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

:allears: This is hosed up but nothing would get my shekels out faster than ripping a corpse's rib cage out for a slightly different grip for my MP40.

"poo poo, ve are out of weapons for ze war effort. Let's see if zese schweinhunds have a gun in them."

"Oh, look at zhat. It's an MP40 with better rifling. Und better fire rate. Und no recoil too, how odd."

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's the "Are we the baddies?" skit, but with the heads of EA, 2K, and Activision.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Either that or that one Payday 2 comic with "I wonder how human flesh tastes", but replace flesh with micro transactions.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hosed up they don’t teach this in history class.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my God

quote:

The magazine says that players can actually open their Supply Drops directly in Headquarters with your friends watching you open and see what loot you get. GameInformer says opening the drops this way increases your “social score” in Headquarters. The more you participate in different social events in Call of Duty: WWII MP, the higher chance of earning better loot in Supply Drops.

Even more so, the magazine says that if you open something cool in a drop, everyone around you watching will also be rewarded with some sort of a prize. It is not clear yet what that prize is.

This is insane hahahahahahahahahhaah. I wonder if there’s going to be a supply drop / social score leaderboard.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
call of duty is a chuck e. cheese on the beaches of normandy now

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

:captainpop:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh my God

This is insane hahahahahahahahahhaah. I wonder if there’s going to be a supply drop / social score leaderboard.

Always said they know how to target their audience better than anyone else in the industry.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
As somebody who has never played zombies beyond round 4 of Nacht der Untoten but loves the music, will Kevin Sherwood be involved in this game so I can still not buy it and just listen to his stuff on YT?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh my God

Jesus fuckme Christ this is fuckin' gettin to stupid territory, and I like it.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

call of duty is a chuck e. cheese on the beaches of normandy now

"Hans gassed the ball pit again!"

Asehujiko posted:

As somebody who has never played zombies beyond round 4 of Nacht der Untoten but loves the music, will Kevin Sherwood be involved in this game so I can still not buy it and just listen to his stuff on YT?

Kevin Sherwood is Treyarch, my dude. This is Sledgehammer.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Showed my friend this, he's foreign and his first response was WTF are loot boxes, and then, I quote:

Isn’t this game about killing a nazi with your fists and taking his knife and then with that knife killing a nazi and taking his hand gun and then killing a nazi with that hand gun and taking his Schmeisser???

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Go link your friend Wolfenstein 2. Also what the gently caress is a Schmeisser

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

widespread posted:

Go link your friend Wolfenstein 2. Also what the gently caress is a Schmeisser
An MP-41 I believe.

E: looked it up and it's actually just any MP-40 family gun but I've always heard it applied to the MP-41.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

An MP-41 I believe.

Thought it was the MP40 but okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

My boots will likely not be on the ground until Sunday/Monday.

• Locked thread