Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

he mispelled freeza too
they used a pretty common spelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Brother Entropy posted:

it'd rule if she was playable though

Her strategy would consist of browbeating the opponent into a stupor, then Goku/Vegeta/Trunks fly in and punch them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

So for Ginyu's body swap, are they saying that the swapped Ginyu will have a version of the moveset that the original character had? I am still very confused, and I am still not sure what the swapped opponent moveset is supposed to be like (Do they gain Ginyu moves/Ginyu force? Sounds like a surprising amount of work for one character.)

I hope they provide a deeper explanation of his mechanics soon.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 31, 2017

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Countblanc posted:

that sounds cool

also apparently the PSN site confirms Bulma as a playable character, though it's also possible it's just some random intern typing up names from the show (he also misspells "buu" lol) https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/dragon-ball-fighter-z-ps4/

Looks like it was some intern mistake, probably conflating playable characters with those showing up in the story mode. The name's been removed now.

https://twitter.com/Rhymestyle/status/925184581241774080

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Unlucky7 posted:

So for Ginyu's body swap, are they saying that the swapped Ginyu will have a version of the moveset that the original character had? I am still very confused, and I am still not sure what the swapped opponent moveset is supposed to be like (Do they gain Ginyu moves/Ginyu force? Sounds like a surprising amount of work for one character.)

I'm assuming they lose ginyu force assists.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My daughter is hype for fighter z

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah I think that was just a weird translation. She said "The moveset changes...you become frieza." I think she was just saying that you have to be able to use the moveset of whichever character you swap into, because you're that character now. It'd be realllllllly weird otherwise, since a lot of characters have physical aspects to their fighting that can't translate to Ginyu.

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.
If Ginyu kept his movelist in opponents body and vice versa, every single character would have to have animations for Ginyus moves, and Ginyu would have to have every single characters moves animated. If Ginyu can body swap again, then literally every character would need animations for every move in the game for cases where Ginyu does multiple body swaps. I cant picture either of those things to be the case.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

MURPHAGATOR! posted:

If Ginyu kept his movelist in opponents body and vice versa, every single character would have to have animations for Ginyus moves, and Ginyu would have to have every single characters moves animated. If Ginyu can body swap again, then literally every character would need animations for every move in the game for cases where Ginyu does multiple body swaps. I cant picture either of those things to be the case.

most likely scenario is just a straight swap or your special button still summons the ginyu force if you swap, but the other character's special button who you swapped with does nothing or something funny instead

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japanese single-player trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXv1A0cb7-0

New footage of the new characters (Yamcha, Tien, Nappa, Ginyu) plus the dragon ball system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37hwuey0ks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6yBzj3m-c

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/925729445377327106

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hmmm do i want to heal my HP or BECOME IMMORTAL

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

If you become immortal you are instantly undone by the hubris in your wish and get sucked into the Dead Zone.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hmm 3 of those options sound like they only apply to bads that let their opponents get hits on them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope if you pick Immortal you get a ten minute unskippable lecture about misusing the Dragon Balls and haven't you even WATCHED the show to see how that's a bad wish?

That or if you pick anything BUT immortal you get the same lecture calling you a loving idiot.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ginyu seems to have a pretty big moveset, not only does he have multiple different attacks for his force based on air/ground but also there's at least one team attack with Jeice + Burter. Though that's probably his whole move set, it does make him seem pretty unique.
It did look like swapped Ginyu can't use the Force assists at all, guessing that's the only effect of it. Body Change is super duper slow and blockable, so you'll probably need the right assists/setup to even land it on purpose.

Hope you can turn off the dragon ball mechanic because holy moley is that slooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ginyu looks like he has a ton of moves, yeah. Nappa looks INSUFFERABLE, it's a puppet character with that stupid ground explosion that gives me Hime PTSD.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nappa looks a look cooler and more fun than I was expecting, gonna definitely be checking him out.

From Shonengamez:

quote:

when Ginyu uses body change the opponent can’t change back and the opponent cannot use his team to help fight (since the team wouldn’t help the enemy). The team comes out in rotation and depending on what inputs you press they will perform some unique attacks.

So, order cycling. That's gonna be interesting to say the least.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

DLC Inc posted:

Probably a massive defence buff. '

Immortal' doesn't mean 'undefeatable'. Or even 'unkillable'. It just means you can't die of aging. And that can be a trap. It comes up in Greek Mythology; a guy got to be immortal, but forgot to ask for an ageless unchanging body. So he got older and more withered, but couldn't die.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 1, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Someone said it's probably just regen a la Sparking Blast. In fact the leading theory seems to be either a full HP recovery, free Sparking Blast (or something like it), teammate revive or HP regen.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The right "Ultimate Power" option is an extra Sparking Blast. The bottom "Immortality" option appears to have something to do with blue life, so maybe either full team blue-life regeneration or all damage you take turns into blue life, or something to that effect.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ah, but which one do I pick to enable danger time?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh and apparently customizable assists might be a thing now. Someone spotted Piccolo using an energy blast assist instead of his normal crossup elbow.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yessss let me us piccolos air grab as an assist arcsys

its more likely that you get a mvc style pick an assist though

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

My Japanese is extremely rusty, but there's this screen toward the end of the stream announcing some crossover items between FighterZ and Xenoverse. FighterZ is getting a Supreme Kai of Time lobby character and Z stamp while Xenoverse gets Android 21 "parts."

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nappa looks a look cooler and more fun than I was expecting, gonna definitely be checking him out.

From Shonengamez:

So, order cycling. That's gonna be interesting to say the least.

Captain Ginyu is literally Captain Olimar from Smash Bros, right down to having color-specific pikmin teammates.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
ginyu isn't missing half his team because of a handheld version

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Doggles posted:

My Japanese is extremely rusty, but there's this screen toward the end of the stream announcing some crossover items between FighterZ and Xenoverse. FighterZ is getting a Supreme Kai of Time lobby character and Z stamp while Xenoverse gets Android 21 "parts."

That means costume parts not literally arms and legs btw

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh and apparently customizable assists might be a thing now. Someone spotted Piccolo using an energy blast assist instead of his normal crossup elbow.

maybe they just changed his assist?

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

anime was right posted:

Back when the beta launched the last hour or so on PS4 let me do the vs CPU matches where it picked your own team for you, and at one point I had a team with Krillin on it and instead of doing his senzu bean assist he was coming out and shooting that tracking beam into the sky sort've like a hidden missiles assist. Made me think that different assists have been in since the start and they just haven't revealed anything on it yet.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ending your air combo in the corner with the(an?) attack that knocks down now causes a wall bounce that looks nearly immediately techable. Looks like this makes it just about impossible to get assist extensions on combos, at the very least. Looks like it makes it impossible to get the sliding hardknockdown thing in the corner. It also looks like it might be harder to get that knockdown in general, cell has an attack that I think used to do it, but it doesn't look like it does now.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 1, 2017

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

NecroMonster posted:

ending your air combo in the corner with the(an?) attack that knocks down now causes a wall bounce that looks nearly immediately techable. Looks like this makes it just about impossible to get assist extensions on combos, at the very least. Looks like it makes it impossible to get the sliding hardknockdown thing in the corner. It also looks like it might be harder to get that knockdown in general, cell has an attack that I think used to do it, but it doesn't look like it does now.

Is this only in the corner? Doesn't Trunks have a few moves that cause that ground slide too?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The techable wall bounce appears to only happen if you use a move that would cause the ground slide while in the corner. The attack of Cells that no longer seems to cause a ground slide isn't causing one anywhere.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 1, 2017

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Ghosthotel posted:

Back when the beta launched the last hour or so on PS4 let me do the vs CPU matches where it picked your own team for you, and at one point I had a team with Krillin on it and instead of doing his senzu bean assist he was coming out and shooting that tracking beam into the sky sort've like a hidden missiles assist. Made me think that different assists have been in since the start and they just haven't revealed anything on it yet.

Krillin just does that after he runs out of beans to throw

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

anime was right posted:

Entirely possible, but I would be pretty surprised if they did since his elbow rush assist seemed very uniquely useful. Of course if he got the slow homing fireball as an assist ........

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Entirely possible, but I would be pretty surprised if they did since his elbow rush assist seemed very uniquely useful. Of course if he got the slow homing fireball as an assist ........

i think thats what he got

i wonder if they gave someone else a similar vacuum assist in its place, like ginyu or nappa (or another unshown character)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it looks like the three main playable characters, ie. the ones you're taking direct control of in the three story arcs, are Goku Freeza and 18

I'm guessing they'll always have to be in your team while you're possessing them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The way they're showing 21 makes me think they're trying to redo Towa better. They didn't really do very much to make Towa all that interesting, and she and Mira just kind of existed in Xenoverse. 21 seems to be a lot more fun. That last trailer showed her powering up, so I'm really hopeful she's playable.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
This whole thread had me rolling

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/925926234684641281

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

I kinda want Yamcha to be top tier because his intro is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's one thing to play as God Goku, but giving Yamcha the power of the dive kick is just a power fantasy, ridiculous