Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

onoflalks posted:

Bruges is a shithole.

Actually its a fairytale place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Khablam posted:

Actually its a fairytale place

BRUGES? The Bahamas, maybe. Why loving Bruges?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bruges is one of the best places ever.

Ever.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I got lost in my race car in Bruges and the cobbles almost vibrated my teeth out and then I ate some stew I hope you enjoyed this story about Bruges.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

onoflalks posted:

BRUGES? The Bahamas, maybe. Why loving Bruges?

How can all those canals and bridges and cobbled streets and those churches, all that beautiful loving fairytale stuff, how can that not be somebody's loving thing?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

How can all those canals and bridges and cobbled streets and those churches, all that beautiful loving fairytale stuff, how can that not be somebody's loving thing?

It's all about the overpriced beer and the little pots of cheese and mustard you get with them.

And the stew. Get the stew at the Halve Maan brewery. gently caress.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Silly Ross, the gift of the gab is worth far more in business than a MENSA membership. Never mind the disputed value of IQ testing in psychological academia :allears:

Elizabeth really annoyed me tonight with the whole ‘pleeeeeeaaaaaase’ six or seven times in a row over 50p. The trader should’ve turned around and said ‘actually I’m refusing you service altogether now since you can’t be trusted to stick to an agreement’ and let them squirm.

The no phones thing makes sense to a degree but with each series it becomes more glaringly obvious.

Tour guides next week, always good :)

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Tour guides next week, always good :)

It looks like they're mixing the teams up. And the preview of next week made it look like he's firing Elizabeth but I guess that's deliberate!

Ross is kicking off in newspapers today saying the task was unfair because the other team wasn't penalised enough for being late. I dunno if I agree.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Karen's "Joanna what's wrong" was brutal

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010
Hero of this episode was the baker/scarf seller who got fed up of their shite and told them to stop pushing for an extra two quid.

Also, Bushra nailed Elizabeth completely with her description of her as a cartoon character. People who act as if life is a soap opera and they the staring role really get on my tits.

This season has been an improvement over the last couple of years. It feels like they've gone from picking an entire cast that was just too useless to care about to sprinkling a handful of relatively level headed people in, allowing us to share in their despair at having to deal with the other numpties.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Taear posted:

It looks like they're mixing the teams up. And the preview of next week made it look like he's firing Elizabeth but I guess that's deliberate!

Ross is kicking off in newspapers today saying the task was unfair because the other team wasn't penalised enough for being late. I dunno if I agree.

Being late but having all the items surely deserves less punishment than being punctual but missing three items. I’d rather my pizza was half an hour late and intact than on time and half missing.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Being late but having all the items surely deserves less punishment than being punctual but missing three items. I’d rather my pizza was half an hour late and intact than on time and half missing.

Yea. I think what's actually annoyed him is that in his head (and maybe the whole boy's team's heads) the idea was that being late would be a HUGE deal and it wasn't so they got buggered.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Elizabeth reminds me of a big, bellowing wildebeest being set upon by the others who are a bunch of chittering hyenas.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
In last week's You're Fired the firee, who had been really angry with Elizabeth at the end of the episode, seemed to feel a bit bad about it after watching the episode, and realised Elizabeth wasn't the bad guy on her team. I don't think Elizabeth will win (I think she'll be gone within two failed tasks) but I think she's one of the better ones, even if she goes a bit panto sometimes.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Finally catching up on this, I don't think I've seen someone give in during negotiations just because they're exasperated with the team quite so obviously as that hankie seller.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Finally catching up on this, I don't think I've seen someone give in during negotiations just because they're exasperated with the team quite so obviously as that Amstrad seller.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I just got around to watching that latest one yesterday. The show has really become a hilarious, tacky joke built around Sugar's crazy ego. loving yellow pages in 2017 :laugh: Has however made me want to go to a Jewish bakery and have at it like a fat lass skipping weight watchers

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Finally catching up on this, I don't think I've seen someone give in during negotiations just because they're exasperated with the team quite so obviously as that Amstrad seller.

Every negotiation in that episode was really cringe.
Elizabeth's begging was hard to watch in a bad way. I can only hope she's as awkward as all gently caress on the tour and gets the boot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

crispix posted:

I just got around to watching that latest one yesterday. The show has really become a hilarious, tacky joke built around Sugar's crazy ego. loving yellow pages in 2017 :laugh: Has however made me want to go to a Jewish bakery and have at it like a fat lass skipping weight watchers

It's got me properly craving rugelach. And challah. And oh gently caress all these carbs are going to kill me.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Using physical maps instead of google maps is frustrating. I'm in vietnam, and wi-fi is EVERYWHERE. There is literally no purpose to banning usage of technology other than to deliberately set them up to fail. Not even loving up in a funny way, just a tedious and annoying way.

As for the lateness thing; I have to agree with Ross and his staplering on this. Being late carried the same penalty regardless of how late they were. One minute late or one hour late were no different in severity. This is stupid as the the other team only managed to secure all 10 items thanks to that extra 45 minutes they had.

Might as well have gone - gently caress it - $100 fine for being late, let's get that Amstrad.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Also from their conversations they had no idea what the late fine was going to be.

It's great to run a business when you don't know the terms of the contract.

It's great to play a game when you don't know the scoring system.

It's great to have a job interview when you don't know what you're being judged on.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Also from their conversations they had no idea what the late fine was going to be.

It's great to have a job interview when you don't know what you're being judged on.

I understand why they don't get told what the fine for each item is going to be - because then they have a price point to match. That's fine, sorta.
The same penalty for being late regardless of how late you are? Yea that's silly. I hadn't actually considered it that way, I was just thinking "They're late" and that's it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Looking forward to a special appearance by Priti Patel on "You're Fired" tonight

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wouldn’t sell half my business for 250k tbf it makes no sense to just have an arbitrary valuation.

Hope Elisabeth fucks off. Can’t wait for someone to ask who speaks Belgian lol.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

In a previous series, Shugs got hyper irate about a team being late to pick up an item, and the late penalty was definitely worse than the item fee.
This all to say its worth not thinking about it too much and enjoying the chaos.

Speaking of, lets go!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Apprentice task or kidnapping, you decide!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Andrew is def a mirror wanker

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"We're in historic Bruge, where shall we tour?"
"What about the modern bit!"

Genius Liz

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
A coherent day out made up of memorisable chunks, eh

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Manic X posted:

Using physical maps instead of google maps is frustrating. I'm in vietnam, and wi-fi is EVERYWHERE. There is literally no purpose to banning usage of technology other than to deliberately set them up to fail. Not even loving up in a funny way, just a tedious and annoying way.
On this task, all their plans are not part of the narrative, but you can see a lot of Google maps around lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There will be a problem with the Segways and they'll have them going about on space hoppers

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

crispix posted:

A coherent day out made up of memorisable chunks, eh

Lol

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

crispix posted:

There will be a problem with the Segways and they'll have them going about on space hoppers

Or none, lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Khablam posted:

Or none, lol

Yeah they... they've fallen short of my ridiculous suggestion. The Segway tour is a walk to a Segway. I'd tell them to gently caress right off

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Elisabeth is not a natural tour guide, is she?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

"Hey let's get him to give us stock for free and also a percentage on sales"

This is gonna go well..

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

nomapple posted:

Elisabeth is not a natural tour guide, is she?

She's not a natural anything.
Everything she does looks like an alien trying to replicate something after watching it on Seinfeld.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Khablam posted:

She's not a natural anything.
Everything she does looks like an alien trying to replicate something after watching it on Seinfeld.

She is hell

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Something felt really off about that negotiation. (the €95 one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Old and new buildings
Fuckin ingenious
Also
There’s loads of people

• Locked thread