Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Sanova, Seki-Kun, and Sakamoto -- who would win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

DrSunshine posted:

We, the reader.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Nanige-san would stop the fight before it even started :colbert:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gloomy Rube posted:

Nanige-san would stop the fight before it even started :colbert:

Ren would have set up the conflict in the first place.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New Hakumei to Mikochi.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Nekomata

Those ghost cats trying so hard to help. :kimchi:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
An interesting manga, The Duke of Death and his Black Maid

A noble boy was cursed by a witch with the touch of death, any living thing he touches dies. An outcast from his family, he now lives alone in an old mansion in the woods with his maid, Alice. A maid who loves to tease the duke ever so.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That could be a fun one. I'm certainly interested since they seem to get the confessions out there pretty quick. Now to see where it goes.

While I was checking that out, another one caught my eye: A Witch's Printing Office. (Batoto link)

quote:

Mika Kamiya is a young woman who is a "magic printer" - that is, she helps to create grimoirs and other mystic books which witches and wizards can use. However, she cannot use any magic herself. Desperate to find a spell which can send her back to her home world, Mika decides to create a COMpletely magIcal marKET, where magicians can trade and show off their creations.
The art looks great and the premise seems like it could be fun.

There's only been the one chapter translated, and I couldn't find anything out about the author from a quick Google search, so maybe it doesn't belong in this thread? It seems like it could fit, though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Onean posted:

That could be a fun one. I'm certainly interested since they seem to get the confessions out there pretty quick. Now to see where it goes.

While I was checking that out, another one caught my eye: A Witch's Printing Office. (Batoto link)

The art looks great and the premise seems like it could be fun.

There's only been the one chapter translated, and I couldn't find anything out about the author from a quick Google search, so maybe it doesn't belong in this thread? It seems like it could fit, though.

There's actually a thread that's better fitting for this one and it's the "Real Life Meets Fantasy" thread. Not that I don't appreciate this link! What fantastic art.

I've found a neat thing. The Knight of Flower Dakini. In a surreal, post-apocalyptic world of cartoon talking animals that has been devastated by alien invaders called the Sky Golems, a wandering artist who has lost his inspiration meets a strange wordless being who might be the salvation of the world.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 29, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
You're right! That's a slow enough thread I had completely forgotten about it. :doh:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

New sleepy princess

Finally, the daring rescue scene.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think I've ever seen a japanese furry artist, as far as I can remember(outside of recently when those Osamu Tezuka sketches were unearthed), only like...humans with catgirl ears/tails in anime, or the chimeras in FMA. This popped up on KM the other day and it's interesting. Looks like the artist only just started it, a second chapter just came out, haven't checked it out yet.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Knight-of-Flower-Dakini/Ch-001--Fireworks?id=388663

Certainly has a different look to western furries. I'm not sure where to draw the line for "furries", really, to me it was always "if they're human-shaped with an animal head but human hair on their head, that's a furry, or if they look like a mascot costume"

and this is very cute.

it does not stay that way

The golems made me think of Zeruel from Evangelion crossed with an airplane or helicopter. Weird-lookin' things. The art has this detailed, yet rough sketch quality that I think is endearing. Not sure if the series will be any good or not though, what with there only being two chapters so far. Might be worth keeping an eye on though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I literally just posted this!

Anyway, yes- the art is really cool and unique. It's what drew me in, that sort of rough style!! According to the author notes at the end, they seem to be busy with illustrations for a light novel or something, so the new chapter will be delayed, but I don't know how far ahead the chapters are versus the translations.

v- Okay, fair enough. - v

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 29, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you should probably bold series titles so they're not as easily missed, I totally didn't see that you linked it.

edit: holy smokes that second chapter

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 29, 2017

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

The author also did Pandemonium: Wizard Village, which was reced in one of the "convince someone to read a manga with one image" threads.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Well if you guys are just now noticing that then I guess it's worth mentioning the author's previous work Pandemonium. Same world, and only 12 chapters if you want to gauge how good Knight of the Flower Dakini may or may not become.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Holy poo poo, it's Ryuushika-Ryuushika after more than a year!

In this episode, it's hip to be a square. :cool:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Ryuushika-Ryuushika

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

A good avatar. :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

DrSunshine posted:

Holy poo poo, it's Ryuushika-Ryuushika after more than a year!

In this episode, it's hip to be a square. :cool:
Wow, that got pensive fast

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Wow, that got pensive fast

I like it! Ryuushika, bringing up and pondering all the big issues in her own special, strange way (of imagining her head as a square).

Looks like we forgot to check the Wandering of Girls' Group No. 7 because there was a new chapter in August and one just today! God it's such a strange manga. Sometimes it's funny, but a lot of the time I just read it for the bizarre weirdness.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think this series works here, though could probably also get a mention in the SOL/Romance thread:

Senryu Girl, about a girl who can only communicate by writing 5-7-5 syllable poems and the friendship/schoollife she has with her delinquent friend. It's pretty amusing and even kind of :3: so far.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That looks adorable :3:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I think this series works here, though could probably also get a mention in the SOL/Romance thread:

Senryu Girl, about a girl who can only communicate by writing 5-7-5 syllable poems and the friendship/schoollife she has with her delinquent friend. It's pretty amusing and even kind of :3: so far.

oh my god so cute
there's manga for everything
mogami river

---

this killed me

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I still think this is my favorite poem gag thus far:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
This must be fun to translate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Her head is gigantic

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Her head is gigantic

It needs to be to be able to write senryus so fast

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't know anything whatsoever about this, but that title made laugh. :3:

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/927608319027576833

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Kumo's definitely a great adaptation of a pretty good WN/LN series, and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly, but as a heads up it's Isekai, not a daily life thing. The art is wonderfully comedic, though. She's a very expressive spider!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Quickly I need cute light hearted romances like this and Jitsu Wa.

Preferably where they don't delay an actual relationship until the end of the manga.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
There's one called slow motion about two kids that love the 80s. It seems to have a certain degree of progress.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's also super duper cute.

Also there's 14-sai, horimiya, and others I'm probably forgetting.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Artificer posted:

Preferably where they don't delay an actual relationship until the end of the manga.

The cute light hearted romance of this really reminds me of My Love Story -- one of the best "fluffy romances", in my opinion. I love all the 5-7-5 gags.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

The cute light hearted romance of this really reminds me of My Love Story -- one of the best "fluffy romances", in my opinion. I love all the 5-7-5 gags.

Oh man I've read and loved that one. Thanks for the recommendations, peeps. I'll check them out. Any others?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Artificer posted:

Have you read bonnouji?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fellis posted:

Have you read bonnouji?

This is the answer, if you haven't.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh boy I'm excited!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Probably a good time to say to look through the OP of the manga romance thread for suggestions and start posting impressions there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gmq posted:

It needs to be to be able to write senryus so fast

No I mean because she got hit in the face by a basketball and it's way smaller than her head