Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

banned from Starbucks posted:

ive never watched TCW, does having a wolf say your name mean youre going to die or something?

Not especially but we've all been expecting/fearing Ezra and especially Kanan to meet an untimely end for quite a while to explain why they're not around during the OT period. Though some, like myself, hope they're just "Elsewhere" doing Jedi things and can't help the rebellion for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
I’m figuring they can let Ezra at least survive. Filoni can easily make Yoda’s statement “No, there is another,” refer to Ezra rather than Leia.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I wouldnt be surprised if they just stole a bit out of KotOR and had Ezra or Kanaan disappear into the Outer Rim looking for Force mysteries with an astromech like Revan did

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dume dead, son

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I like Kanaan, but they really haven't done much with him since he met the Bendu. He's been more or less, just there most of the time. He taught Sabine some light saber tricks that she never ends up using and just gives up the sword anyway.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kanaan had been almost as absent as zeb and Rex lately, plus I mean we knew he was gonna die since the very beginning

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

420 Gank Mid posted:

I wouldnt be surprised if they just stole a bit out of KotOR and had Ezra or Kanaan disappear into the Outer Rim looking for Force mysteries with an astromech like Revan did

And then Ezra returns after learning new dark side powers and starts the First Order

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

ive never watched TCW, does having a wolf say your name mean youre going to die or something?

Not so much a wolf doing it but my prediction for his death has been "he announces himself as Caleb Dume and promptly dies heroically under his own name" since I read his comic.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sieje posted:

I’m figuring they can let Ezra at least survive. Filoni can easily make Yoda’s statement “No, there is another,” refer to Ezra rather than Leia.

I like this show but that would be even dumber than "random bearded rebel on endor is now rex because i say so"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I like this show but that would be even dumber than "random bearded rebel on endor is now rex because i say so"
It would be very odd to pull a switch when they just published a story 3 weeks ago called There Is Another where Yoda is very interested in training Leia.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope both Force users bite it at the hands of Vader but not getting my hopes up.

I guess they could pull some Corran Horn/Kyle Katarn bullshit and say they were around and active but just happened to miss each other and then have them join the academy after the war is won.

You could also look at it from the point of view that being a Jedi was never necessarily a prerequisite to take down the Sith, or at least not the main one. Jedi helps, but you also have to be the Chosen One. So just because you're a Jedi doesn't automatically mean you have a snowball's chance in hell of taking on the Empire and winning, thus why Yoda, Obi-wan, Kanan, Ezra, Ashoka, and everybody else so far have been laying low while the Empire has existed for 20 years. So it doesn't really hurt the narrative that Kanan and Ezra are running around any more than it hurts that Obi-wan and Yoda are. You can even point to the fact that Ezra is there with Obi-wan on Tattooine and Obi-wan knows he's force sensitive but tells him to get lost in spite of it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Now that my friends is the Living Force incarnate. We've seen Ezra get pretty strong in the Force already, he's taking out Stormtroopers with a Force Push now instead of just knocking them down. Now we see his connection to his home world through the Force take center stage. The wolf model was a great design, so I'm hoping they do more with this Lothal thing.

Also the Defender Elite having a visible shockwave when it goes supersonic is a fantastic little visual detail. I love that so much; Star Wars has always been about the snub fighters to me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anyone done a comparison against rebel assault 2 yet to see how it lines up with the new episodes

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

These past two episodes got me noting all the ways recently in which this show manages to be visually stunning compared to how it started out.

This week I really appreciated the Ghost bathed in a red tint from the Yavin gas giant after dropping out of hyperspace at the very start, and the later the way it was lit from the top while docking with the smuggler/pirate ship.

That being said I never did fully warm to the art style for the characters in this one, but it doesn't detract from being some drat good star wars cartoons. I got my initially skeptical but eventually enamoured partner into it too!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Loth-cats > Porgs

Also I like how Ezra is holding off all the troopers fire with his sabre and force jumping around, but not sticking his landings and not directing every bolt back to the shooter, because he's still only ever had basic training compared to the proper temple Jedi of old.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 1, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Here's a simple theory: Because a Skywalker helped create the Empire, and allowed the Emperor to make the Sith ascendant, a Skywalker has to undo it, if for no reason other than only one of Anakin's children has the possibility of dragging him away from the Dark Side.

So, Luke is their great hope, but there is another; Leia. Yoda, being the only known Jedi master who survived, is, in effect, the Jedi Order. He's training Luke, therefore Luke carries on that order. There could be thousands and thousands of force users with various levels of Jedi training, let alone all sorts of other orders, but because Yoda never said 'Confer upon you the title of Jedi Knight, I do' they're not Jedi. Kanan got his official investiture a while ago, so he'll die; Ezra will either get his own investiture, and die, or won't, and then if he survives, fine, whatever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I got a kick out of Ezra/the wanted posters making a joke about how the character models have changed over time.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like the new S4 models, although there's something about the mouths that unnerve me

Ezra's also put on a little muscle, which is a nice touch

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sabine is also thicker through the core, as you'd expect two very physically fit and very active people their age to grow. Sabine's facial features are a touch sharper and more defined too. It's what I meant when I said they'd aged the two of them so well eg Ezra was 2 inches shorter than her in season 1, and by season 3 he was 2 inches taller.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Sabine's new hair is killer. Probably her nicest look yet.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I think her armor's latest paint job is my favorite too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh one thing I don't like about Sabine's arc is that as the series has gone on her color palette has gotten darker and muted and much less interesting. I liked how bright and fun her colors were in s1 and 2

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

site posted:

Tbh one thing I don't like about Sabine's arc is that as the series has gone on her color palette has gotten darker and muted and much less interesting. I liked how bright and fun her colors were in s1 and 2

She's growing up.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I like Sabine’s general dynamic with the team now and I feel like she fits into the overall narrative a lot better than season 1. I just wish the ending to her darksaber saga hadn’t been so lame.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought Death Troopers were straight up zombies and that's why you couldn't understand a word they said in Rogue One. Like the Combine soldiers in Half-Life 2.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-major-and-most-messed-up-revelations-from-the-off-1790711310

quote:

Rogue One prides itself on being a darker take on the galaxy far, far away—a more realitistic, gritty world where the line between brave rebel hero and bloody terrorist are blurred. That darker ethos also carries on into some of the amazingly metal background information in the visual guide, leading to some truly messed-up bits of scenery setting. Two favorites of mine? The first is that the Death Troopers earned their sinister name from a rumored project in Krennic’s Advanced Weapons Research division, supposedly designed about reviving necrotic flesh to fight for the Empire(space zombies!).

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Their name comes from that rumored project but they aren't actually zombies. They do get "surgical enhancements" though, so they're probably cyborgs or something else that's at least a little bit freaky.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The fact we saw one stopping at a bar likely means they are Cyborgs at most.

Combined with the fact they are granted to Tarkin Initiative members not just Krennic.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Loved how Sabine shot like fifty lasers at Thrawn and the Governor, yet managed to miss completely.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Loved how Sabine shot like fifty lasers at Thrawn and the Governor, yet managed to miss completely.

She didn't hit the Stormtroopers either, just exploded the stacks of crates around them. Not really a weapon array designed to do that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be fair there. The lasers are supposed to hit much larger targets then people.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, to hit a bunch of stormtroopers with consecutive fighter laser blasts and not miss a shot you'd have to be Poe Dameron or something. :v:

Also I'm pretty sure Sabine flinched and jinked slightly when Thrawn started shooting the defender with his blaster, so it wasn't a totally pointless action.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I hope they throw in a few of the more notable Rebels from Rogue One who died at the Battle of Scarif like General Merrick (Ben Daniels).

Or is there a new comic that expands on those characters?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is that the moustache guy? He ruled.

Whatever happened to the iron squadron kids and their ship? Did they die on Satos ship? I hope they get another episode or comic or something i want a new yt2400 pack for xwing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Finally caught up and I'm really digging this season. I thought all the Rogue One ties would "date" the show and feel clumsy, but the Saw episodes were pretty great. Glad we're (presumably) done with the Mandalore stuff, given how idiotic those characters are.

Crew: "Take off your armor, it's literally the only thing the weapon is targeting"
Mandos: "But...its old."

*Sabine creates a super weapon that recreates the Raiders ending with Stormtroopers*
Mandos: "THIS WEAPON IS WITHOUT HONOR" *smashes weapon*

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Finally caught up and I'm really digging this season. I thought all the Rogue One ties would "date" the show and feel clumsy, but the Saw episodes were pretty great. Glad we're (presumably) done with the Mandalore stuff, given how idiotic those characters are.

Crew: "Take off your armor, it's literally the only thing the weapon is targeting"
Mandos: "But...its old."

*Sabine creates a super weapon that recreates the Raiders ending with Stormtroopers*
Mandos: "THIS WEAPON IS WITHOUT HONOR" *smashes weapon*

Yeah, can't wait for them to get wiped out by the Empire/ First Order (Disney's inevitably gonna make that a thing). And it'd be the only time I'd cheer for Kylo Ren.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
New episodes are up pretty interesting implications with apparently the episodes happening concurrent with the events of Rogue One. At least I assume they are. Have to believe that evac order is referring to Jedha. Seems like it might be tricky to get everything to line up timeline wise though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They keep ringing those bells for Kanan :ohdear:

I really like how Rebels (and Rogue One to an extent) has brought back the mysticism of the force, it's a really good counterpart to how narrow, stringent, and battle oriented all the Jedi were in The Clone Wars

e: Just watching part 2 now, Sabine the headshot queen, and loving the heavyweight match between Zeb and the big Trandoshan foreman

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 6, 2017

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Just wrapping up Episode 6 in time for 7.

Man, someone watched some Studio Ghibli when they were working on this season.

I agree that I think Kanan is not long for this vibration. Which is fine. It's interesting how they have dispensed with the personal bad guys. Thrawn really only views them as prize insects and they have no reason to really hate him above anyone else. It's very much the Empire versus this scrappy band.

My guess as to the ending is that after the sacrifice of Kanan. Ezra will step into the shadows. We will time jump to the end of the rebellion. Hera, Zeb and gang will all find their little places in their lives that we have seen and Ezra will find himself doing an Obi Wan on Lothall. Maybe acting as it's guardian. Maybe waiting for the Jedi to rise again.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

e: Just watching part 2 now, Sabine the headshot queen, and loving the heavyweight match between Zeb and the big Trandoshan foreman

That fight was 100% an Indiana Jones homage. It's in the moves, the staging (gantries above cheering slaves) and most of all, the music. Love it when they do stuff like that.

Pops Mgee posted:

New episodes are up pretty interesting implications with apparently the episodes happening concurrent with the events of Rogue One. At least I assume they are. Have to believe that evac order is referring to Jedha. Seems like it might be tricky to get everything to line up timeline wise though.

I believe we're still quite a ways out from Rogue One. The evac order was probably referring to Lothal.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cross-Section posted:

I believe we're still quite a ways out from Rogue One. The evac order was probably referring to Lothal.

Yeah, Hera still needs to get promoted to General first. Guessing she's gonna do some epic poo poo on Lothal to get that promotion.

• Locked thread