Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the Verizon Megathread on Something Awful.

Update: I have to ability now to either send you a referral code, or directly call people who need help making whatever purchase with Verizon. Please post or PM , let me know what you need, and I can help you get it figured out.

You are not required to take a referral code or have me call you, I will absolutely help regardless, but I do have commission goals , so referral links and such do help me and are always appreciated ‘

Why Verizon over the others:

-Verizon's slogan is always something around better network. Verizon owns the most towers, has them on lower frequencies (better coverage), and has the farthest spread across the country.
-The whole point is that whether you are in New York City NY, or in Fargo ND, Verizon has towers and has higher tower capacity than the others.
-Verizon shoots to have more capacity at both big events (think sporting)
-Verizon is the last network standing or to go down during a natural disaster. For example, during Hurricane Sandy Verizon was the only network functioning for periods of time.
-As of now, customer service wise its really easy to get a Verizon service rep on the phone

So basically, why Verizon comes down to always having coverage, coverage, coverage.

For reference: old thread link:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3412884

Plan update May 2023: I haven’t updated the OP in quite a bit, but here’s a helpful link on the new plans:

Dancing Peasant posted:

Shamelessly stolen from the Verizon subreddit:

Plans: Verizon has unlimited plans and plans with data caps: I am listing current plans. Questions on older plans please post them.

Unlimited: Fancy chart to be posted soon

We are now on Verizon Mix and Match 3.0 !

Base Unlimited plan is Start Unlimited : you get a $10 discount if you do autopay with a checking account (not a credit card). Prices below include autopay discount, it goes up $10 PER LINE if you don’t do autopay (so obviously I highly recommend it).

1 line: $70 a month
2 lines: $60 * 2 = $120 a month
3 lines: $45 * 3 = $135
4 lines: $35 * 4 = $140
5 lines: $30 + 5 = $150
6 or more: add $30 per line, max is 10 lines

Play More and Do More are the premium data plans, they are $10 more per line. Both get premium data, 15GB hotspot. Play More gives you the Disney+ bundle, Do More gets you 50% off the data line of a tablet , hotspot or watch line.

Work discounts: work discounts have been replaced with the Auto Pay discount. There are 4 exceptions, and they stack with the autopay discount:

-Military: both active and retired
VZW.com/military

-First Responder: Police, Fire Fighter and EMS.
VZW.com/firstresponders

Teacher: Anyone with a teaching certificate
VZW.com/teachers

Nurse: Nurses only, at this time Doctors do not qualify
VZW.com/nurses

To qualify: besides employment , the person has to be listed as either account owner (main person) or account manager.

Example: Joe has 4 lines, including his dad Howard, who is retired military. As long as Joe lists Howard as an account manager , he can then submit for the discount.

Discount:
$10 off one line
$20 off 2 or more

Student discount: most people are not aware, but there is a student discount. Here are the terms

-Must be account owner or account manager (like the others)
-most public and private colleges qualify
-Max of 2 lines (emphasis here)
-$10 off 1 , $20 off 2 lines
-expired in 4 years
-VZW.com/students

5GB and 10GB plans: to be updated.

I'm a scrub who has a basic phone: Basic phones can get a $30 a month single phone plan, unlimited call, text and 500MB of data. No sharing, no smartphones allowed. Note if you have 4 lines on one of the unlimited lines, you can do this as line 5 or more on unlimited as well.

PREPAID to be updated

Prepaid just means an account not attached to your credit:
-You pay every 30 days. if you don't pay, the account goes on hold for one month, then expires (number goes away)
-All plans do get Congestion managed
-SD Video
-3G hotspot speeds on unlimited
-No Device Payment. must bring own phone or buy outright
-No insurance options
-I will warn you now, customer care is not great, and definitely not US based.

Extra Stuff:

I Manhandle and Break All my Phones, How does Insurance Work?

Verizon Offers 3 main insurance:
-Wireless Phone Protection: Insurance on phone, no Extended Warranty: $7 monthly
-Total Equipment Protection (TEC): Insurance plus Extended Warranty: $11 monthly
-Total Mobile Protection (TMP): Insurance plus Extended Warranty Plus Tech Support: $15 monthly

Deductibles:
-Extended Warranty: No Damage. $0
-Cracked screen: Certain markets get screen repairs for $30
-Lost/Stolen/anything else: $99, $149 or $199 depending on damage

Claims go through phoneclaim.com

I have to get to ___, what number do I call?

Here is a current list of useful numbers I have:

Customer Care: 800-922-0204 ; hit 0 to get to live rep
Verizon International: 800-711-8300
Verizon Port: 866-881-7165 ; also try vzw.com/port
Verizon Activate: 877-807-4646 ; call this to activate a phone you ordered
Verizon Fraud: 888-483-7200
Verizon Assumption of Liability: 888-832-4540

Verizon Retention / Loyalty / Cancelation: if you have issues care cannot resolve, call here.
Verizon Loyalty: 800-392-0717

Fios: I don't do anything directly with Fios, so I don’t have too much here

Rewards you’re paying your bill, please get the most of the free stuff:

Verizon Up: login to your app , hit Verizon Up. Two main options:
-Gift card: Verizon offers a $3-5 gift card , choice of like , 10 different companies. Personally, this is what I do every month. Free money
-Device Dollars: you can get $5 to later use towards purchase of a phone. You can have a max of $50 at a time. Not bad, I personally recommend the gift card because you can more immediately use what you are getting

Disney+ Bundle: the Play more and Get More plans (the current ones, not old ones) now include free Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ . All other unlimited plans you can get 6 months free.

-Discovery+ : unlimited plans get 6 months free of you are on a base unlimited plan, 12 months free of you are on a premium plan. You can then either start paying or cancel.

Apple Music: Get more unlimited includes free single Apple Music (not family), all other plans will give you 6 months free.

Privacy settings:
-Verizon actually makes it pretty easy: go to the VZ app, hit settings, and hit “manage privacy settings.”

FAQs:

[b]Q. Golly Gee Duckman, you really put work into this. How can we thank you?

A. I get paid for referrals. Certainly do not feel obligated, but if you are buying through Verizon's website, PM me, and i can send you a link with my code that gives me credit.

Q. I have ____ plan and want to know what to do?

A. Post here or PM me. Post Plan name, plan base price, and price per line. If anyone is in an older contract, that is really good to know.

Q. How do I transfer a number from my name to someone else's name on Verizon?

A. In Verizon speak, this is called an Assumption of Liability. To combine, merge, uncombined, whatever, call 888-832-4540. Both parties have to agree, and as always it requires credit check.

Q. What's the best way to get phone/price/plan

A. Ask me

Q. I am having ___ issue. where do I go to fix it?

A. Depending on what it is, either over the phone or a company store. I strongly recommend avoid "Authorize Retailers," which are franchise stores. If it says "Verizon by ___" on their sign, they're a dealer. They tend charge more, not know as much, and sometimes just lie to get a sale.

In general, its a very big company. So the key to remember is that usually any issue has to get solved by where it came from. If a store messed up or misquoted, Care will send you back to that store. If Care messed up, the store isn't going to an issue a credit for them. In my experience most bill credits will go through care unless its due to store fault.

Q. What is Verizon Up?

A. New rewards program. every $300ish you pay on your bill, you get a point. points redeem for stuff. Bear in mind, you have to opt in for targeted advertising to get Verizon Up.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reserved

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Can I easily return an iPhone X if i cannot flip it locally for a sizable profit?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

Can I easily return an iPhone X if i cannot flip it locally for a sizable profit?

Yes. If unwrapped no restock fee, if still wrapped no restock fee. So in this case it sounds like you’re going to leave wrapped, so you’re fine. 14 days to return, I’m sure any company store will gladly take it since inventory will be super low.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."
Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

Q. Why did you post this thread? Most goons have ended up switching jobs after posting a phone thread.

A. :negative: Hopefully not this time

*sigh* Hopefully, a nice AT&T goon comes along and refreshes that thread too...

Nice work on this thread.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
So I tried to activate my Pixel 2 (bought directly from Google Store) the official way through the VZW website tonight instead of just swapping the SIM card from my iPhone 8+ back and forth, and the only option for insurance was to decline protection. If I just swap SIMs, everything works fine and it just shows up as "Non-VZW Pixel" or something like that, but Total Equipment Care stays on the line that way.

I guess my question is, will Verizon/Asurion (I know it's Asurion actually providing the coverage) cover my Pixel 2 in the case I just swap SIMs but keep TEC on the line or will they deny it and say I circumvented the system by just swapping SIM cards? I wouldn't be upset if I ever had to get it replaced by a Verizon Pixel 2 model if need be. I just don't want to think I'm covered when I'm not, and I definitely don't want to pay the $9.00/mo for TEC if it won't actually help me if something were to happen. Do you know if that insurance is covering the line/user or the phone itself? Thanks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Our Network is congested so we can't give you full HD streaming anymore..."

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/10/25/16546798/verizon-unlimited-data-full-video-quality-fee

"...not unless you pay us :10bux: more per month." :smuggo:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

comper posted:

So I tried to activate my Pixel 2 (bought directly from Google Store) the official way through the VZW website tonight instead of just swapping the SIM card from my iPhone 8+ back and forth, and the only option for insurance was to decline protection. If I just swap SIMs, everything works fine and it just shows up as "Non-VZW Pixel" or something like that, but Total Equipment Care stays on the line that way.

I guess my question is, will Verizon/Asurion (I know it's Asurion actually providing the coverage) cover my Pixel 2 in the case I just swap SIMs but keep TEC on the line or will they deny it and say I circumvented the system by just swapping SIM cards? I wouldn't be upset if I ever had to get it replaced by a Verizon Pixel 2 model if need be. I just don't want to think I'm covered when I'm not, and I definitely don't want to pay the $9.00/mo for TEC if it won't actually help me if something were to happen. Do you know if that insurance is covering the line/user or the phone itself? Thanks.

No, TEC does not cover non Verizon bought phones. The google pixel from Google is different than say, buying a Pixel at Best Buy. It’s more akin to buying an unlocked iPhone, so Verizon and asurion won’t cover it. I would remove the insurance, no sense in paying for it if it doesn’t apply.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

Duckman2008 posted:

No, TEC does not cover non Verizon bought phones. The google pixel from Google is different than say, buying a Pixel at Best Buy. It’s more akin to buying an unlocked iPhone, so Verizon and asurion won’t cover it. I would remove the insurance, no sense in paying for it if it doesn’t apply.

Thanks I really appreciate the information.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
My dads note 4 broke. Replace it with an iPhone 7? He’s not a power user or anything. Just phone, text, email.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hdip posted:

My dads note 4 broke. Replace it with an iPhone 7? He’s not a power user or anything. Just phone, text, email.

Just PMed you. Only reason to get the Note 8 is if he must have a stylus. Otherwise, Droid Z2 force is on sale, iPhone 7 or 7+, or Pixel XL 1, would also be fine.

Just don’t get a Pixel 2 XL. I’m really hoping that doesn’t become a whole fiasco.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Duckman2008 posted:

Just don’t get a Pixel 2 XL. I’m really hoping that doesn’t become a whole fiasco.

Other than him not needing a flagship phone, why not? The 2 XL is a fantastic phone.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Other than him not needing a flagship phone, why not? The 2 XL is a fantastic phone.

The screen isn't as good as the price would suggest, plus they did this weird thing where they covered the metal back in plastic so it feel cheap although it's premium material.

Expectedly, this means this is the worst phone that was ever created.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Screen looks blue and their are reports of sealer issues. I’ve already seen 3 returns.

So a little bit of an exaggeration, but I would be cautious about saying the Pixel 2XL is a great phone buy yet.

Reminder that it’s made by LG.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FCKGW posted:

The screen isn't as good as the price would suggest, plus they did this weird thing where they covered the metal back in plastic so it feel cheap although it's premium material.

Expectedly, this means this is the worst phone that was ever created.

I dunno, I've been using it non stop since Monday and I have no complaints. I also came from an LG G5 so....

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Duckman2008 posted:

Screen looks blue and their are reports of sealer issues. I’ve already seen 3 returns.

So a little bit of an exaggeration, but I would be cautious about saying the Pixel 2XL is a great phone buy yet.

Reminder that it’s made by LG.

LG: Life's Good! ...for about six months.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
The Pixil (1 not 2) is listed at 22.91/24 months right now. Thats seems steep since they were like 10/mo for a while?

How is the actual call quality on them? I'm weird and still use phones for calls. :iiam:

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Can you mix the plan type for unlimited plans on an account? Can my account have one Beyond Unlimited line and two regular unlimited lines?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Hey Duckman I hope you can shed some light on this in regards to iPhone X orders.

So myself and other people who have ordered on Verizon's site for the iPhone X mostly opted to keep our original plan. Much more so if we're hanging on to the grandfathered unlimited data plans. After receiving confirmation emails people have noticed this:

https://imgur.com/a/AttLU (not my image)

More specifically near the bottom lines that reads

quote:

2GB Data Bundle with Personal Email

Now obviously people are trying to keep their unlimited. Is this some kind of mistake? Do I have to go and cancel my order and end up waiting a month? In ordering the phone there was only a "keep original plan" for our Nationwide xxx minutes plan and no "keep old data plan" option but it showed a list with 2GB through maybe 12GB of personal data under device protection. I hope this isn't the case.

Help me man!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LordOfThePants posted:

Can you mix the plan type for unlimited plans on an account? Can my account have one Beyond Unlimited line and two regular unlimited lines?

Sadly no.

averox posted:

Hey Duckman I hope you can shed some light on this in regards to iPhone X orders.

So myself and other people who have ordered on Verizon's site for the iPhone X mostly opted to keep our original plan. Much more so if we're hanging on to the grandfathered unlimited data plans. After receiving confirmation emails people have noticed this:

https://imgur.com/a/AttLU (not my image)

More specifically near the bottom lines that reads

Now obviously people are trying to keep their unlimited. Is this some kind of mistake? Do I have to go and cancel my order and end up waiting a month? In ordering the phone there was only a "keep original plan" for our Nationwide xxx minutes plan and no "keep old data plan" option but it showed a list with 2GB through maybe 12GB of personal data under device protection. I hope this isn't the case.

Help me man!

Ugh that’s a weird one. You are supposed to be able to get phone on payment plan and keep that old old unlimited plan. I would advise being proactive, I would call customer care and confirm you aren’t losing your plan.

I haven’t seen anything saying that old unlimited can’t upgrade, but those plans are so rare I also don’t see them often anymore.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Sadly no.

Ugh that’s a weird one. You are supposed to be able to get phone on payment plan and keep that old old unlimited plan. I would advise being proactive, I would call customer care and confirm you aren’t losing your plan.

I haven’t seen anything saying that old unlimited can’t upgrade, but those plans are so rare I also don’t see them often anymore.

Already cancelled my order. Someone on the customer service line just said to call in when I get my phone and they should straighten it out. Not sure if I trust them to not gently caress things up so I'll just wait for loving ever to get the phone from Apple. Waiting is one thing. Losing my old old UDP and trying to get it back is an uphill battle that I'll likely not win.

And I was buying it outright too so I don't even know why it's asking me about changing my plan.

Thanks for the help though Duckman

averox fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 27, 2017

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

averox posted:

Already cancelled my order. Someone on the customer service line just said to call in when I get my phone and they should straighten it out. Not sure if I trust them to not gently caress things up so I'll just wait for loving ever to get the phone from Apple. Waiting is one thing. Losing my old old UDP and trying to get it back is an uphill battle that I'll likely not win.

And I was buying it outright too so I don't even know why it's asking me about changing my plan.

Thanks for the help though Duckman

Yeah that makes no sense, but def get it from Apple then just in case.

FYI ship times from Verizon are in early December for all but 64GB white (which is 11/15). That’s from this morning, def subject to change.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Quick question. I have an iPad with Verizon through work. I also was just given a Lenovo Yoga laptop that has a spot for a sim card. Are the plans such that a tablet sim card would work in a PC? I know for some carriers you cannot use a mobile phone sim with a tablet and vice versa and wasn't sure if that was true in this situation.

Thanks!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

Quick question. I have an iPad with Verizon through work. I also was just given a Lenovo Yoga laptop that has a spot for a sim card. Are the plans such that a tablet sim card would work in a PC? I know for some carriers you cannot use a mobile phone sim with a tablet and vice versa and wasn't sure if that was true in this situation.

Thanks!

Not sure, it used to be $10 more, I get that so seldom I don’t know. It’s more a question of just making sure your company is ok with it, because it’ll provision and show as a laptop In The system for sure.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Duckman2008 posted:

Not sure, it used to be $10 more, I get that so seldom I don’t know. It’s more a question of just making sure your company is ok with it, because it’ll provision and show as a laptop In The system for sure.

Ah that is what I was looking for. If I throw it in the laptop it'll trigger some change, then I'm not going to do it. If it was easily swappable as if I put it into a different iPad then I would.

Thanks!

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
I have 2 X's coming Friday, but am unsure what to do insurance wise. Applecare would run $400. I heard that Verizon changed the insurance plans. Are they worth it at all? I definitely need coverage as I have an almost 3 year old that loves to grab phones, and a wife that constantly leaves hers within reach.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rye Bread posted:

I have 2 X's coming Friday, but am unsure what to do insurance wise. Applecare would run $400. I heard that Verizon changed the insurance plans. Are they worth it at all? I definitely need coverage as I have an almost 3 year old that loves to grab phones, and a wife that constantly leaves hers within reach.

If you want insurance, Do the $9 TEC and cancel when you don’t want it. $199 deductible but covers lost or stolen as well.

Apple Care isn’t bad, and it’s cheaper for screen repairs, but it’s an expensive phone to lose.

It’s removable at anytime, so I guess 6-12 months?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The Verizon insurance sucks. I don’t know why anyone would get it.

Expensive.

Easy to track lost phones with find my iPhone.

Easy phone to secure from thieves.

Can’t just go to the Apple store for same day fixes and diagnosis.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

sellouts posted:

The Verizon insurance sucks. I don’t know why anyone would get it.

Expensive.

Easy to track lost phones with find my iPhone.

Easy phone to secure from thieves.

Can’t just go to the Apple store for same day fixes and diagnosis.

It's good for the exact situations where you cannot retrieve the phone and I'm not sure how much you deal with recovering stolen phones but it's a pretty common thing for them to get stolen and most of the time you aren't getting that phone back regardless of the security and tracking features.

You get next day replacements.

I'm not all for promoting it, I get it for free through my company so that's why I use it, but it's definitely not the worst thing if you're prone to forgetting your phone places. Other than that, yeah just grab AppleCare+ or Google protect or whatever your manufacturer offers if you're just afraid of damage.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah I can’t say having a phone stolen or go missing is something that has happened since the iCloud stuff was rolled out in either organization I’ve worked for, which is anecdotal but across over 100 people.

I mean, cool I guess, but not seeing the value proposition for anyone except the guy who posts the thread and works for the company offering it.

Also, the number of accidental damage or general problems that required a trip to the Apple store are very, very frequent.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

Yeah I can’t say having a phone stolen or go missing is something that has happened since the iCloud stuff was rolled out in either organization I’ve worked for, which is anecdotal but across over 100 people.

I mean, cool I guess, but not seeing the value proposition for anyone except the guy who posts the thread and works for the company offering it.

Also, the number of accidental damage or general problems that required a trip to the Apple store are very, very frequent.

Hi, I said it was cool if it worked for him. It’s a $1,000+ device, so not bad for 6 months. That being said, for the record, I don’t personally get insurance.

Also, go gently caress yourself. Don’t post here when you next drop and break your phone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Btw, iPhone X inventory will be there for stores. Stores around me are getting 20-40 give or take. It a lot, but I was expecting close to 0, so I’ll take it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sellouts posted:

That's cool, I had one stolen after the iCloud lock and it didn't get recovered, so there's a counter anecdote. It's not like they're worthless - they can still be harvested for parts.

(This is not to be for or against Verizon insurance. That's up to the individual. My renter's insurance covers lost/stolen phones so Verizon's isn't necessary to me.)

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Hi, I said it was cool if it worked for him. It’s a $1,000+ device, so not bad for 6 months. That being said, for the record, I don’t personally get insurance.

Also, go gently caress yourself. Don’t post here when you next drop and break your phone.

Cool attitude. Glad someone who disagrees with you, has completely justifiable reasons for it (and has no skin in the game, fwiw) can just go gently caress themselves.

And I’m not sure why I would post? I will just make an appointment and get it fixed, likely same day, for a much smaller deductible.

Much love for Verizon though, great service.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Lol. You made the weird post saying he has ulterior motives as a retail employee dude. Also real bad advice about relying on Find my iPhone to recover a stolen device.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, Verizon totally isn’t going to push their own third party insurance contracts, which bill monthly, and are sources of profit for the company.

http://m.sfgate.com/business/article/Asurion-cell-phone-insurer-reaping-profit-3246308.php

Compared to AppleCare, which doesn’t offer much if any of a kickback given the price is equal to buying from Apple directly.

All good. Sorry, OP, for implying that your motivations may not be 100% pure and unbiased.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sellouts posted:

Yeah, Verizon totally isn’t going to push their own third party insurance contracts, which bill monthly, and are sources of profit for the company.

http://m.sfgate.com/business/article/Asurion-cell-phone-insurer-reaping-profit-3246308.php

Compared to AppleCare, which doesn’t offer much if any of a kickback given the price is equal to buying from Apple directly.

All good. Sorry, OP, for implying that your motivations may not be 100% pure and unbiased.

I debated a few responses, but I’ll just leave it as I post here to help people where I can, and i don’t think really anything in my last few years of posting have shown I’m trying to shill for any of the carriers.

Edit: there are two good things about these stupid forums:
1. Keeps a somewhat realistic view for me on how regular people view carriers. So for the record, I’m sure I’m biased, but i try to keep it in check.
2. Here I can tell assholes to go gently caress themselves. Can’t do that at work.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 2, 2017

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

sellouts posted:

AppleCare also isn't going to do poo poo for you if the phone is lost or stolen, which if we're sharing anecdotes, seems to happen to my friends on a regular basis judging from the "does anyone have a phone I can borrow" posts I see on FB.

If you care about that, then getting Wireless Phone Protection might not be a terrible thing. If you don't, don't buy it. And don't poo poo on the person who offered a Verizon option to the person who said he already knew about AppleCare in the drat Verizon thread.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

He said AppleCare would run him 400, not that he had brought up and knew all aspects about it. He didn’t mention how it is usually an overwhelmingly better choice that people don’t understand how to purchase because their cell phone providers don’t make it very obvious or easy. Nor should they, by the way, they’re a business and there are financial and non financial benefits for selling it compared to a non-Verizon plan. I get that. But TEC has one use case (you lose a phone and find my iPhone fails you and you don’t have renters insurance or another method of coverage). The rest pretty clearly sided with Apple.

And yeah, I’ll call out anyone in a thread that fails to point out the benefits of other services. Sorry that is offensive to you. Try VZ customer service chat instead?

You should also try not having children as friends on Facebook. “Can I borrow a phone”.... really? And of course all of those are people that lost the phone and didn’t drop/spill/run it over or whatever people that post about borrowing phones need to do that would be more cheaply and quickly fixed by having AppleCare vs TEC coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:
I’m the idiot for being half awake trying to yell at someone on the internet. RIP post

cuedotcom fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 2, 2017