Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Dude doing the baseline test from Blade Runner on Tyrell is pretty cool
As soon as I saw the cocaine, my first instinct wa--

DaveKap posted:

Also, if you didn't shout "iocane powder!" the first time Wallace Shawn busts out his cocaine, I don't know how you live.
Oh, thank God it wasn't just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
This show might go off the rails some times but every episode has a neat moment that I don't feel too bad with my time investment.

Cypress Hill was one of those.

Mostly its the title screens though. Dear god give that DP an Emmy already.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like that in an episode that filled in the gaps during the hack and beyond, we still haven't heard the phone conversation. Both in the FBI scene and in the flashback it cut off before we heard what Tyrell and Elliot talked about next. It's a nice little carrot dangle for future episodes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

As soon as I saw the cocaine, my first instinct wa--
Oh, thank God it wasn't just me.

It wasn't just the two of you. Good thing he didn't spend time building up an immunity to it.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I like that in an episode that filled in the gaps during the hack and beyond, we still haven't heard the phone conversation. Both in the FBI scene and in the flashback it cut off before we heard what Tyrell and Elliot talked about next. It's a nice little carrot dangle for future episodes.

You mean the one from when Eliot is in jail? We heard it during the second season, didn't we?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

empty baggie posted:

You mean the one from when Eliot is in jail? We heard it during the second season, didn't we?

Unless I'm just forgetting we just hear "bonsoir elliot"

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

GutBomb posted:

Unless I'm just forgetting we just hear "bonsoir elliot"

pretty sure that conversation continued in the next episode

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Kinda feels like S3 had taken a bad turn. Why is everybody so emotional suddenly? People constantly talking about their feelings isn't a substitute for an intriguing story. It seems like the entire story will be Elliot fighting against evil Mr. Robot personality and whatever he created in S1 and 2 and than he and the FBI will bust the bad guys pat each other on the backs.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I also have to admit that while the show is still Good because the actors and scenes and production are all good, season 3 hasn't really gripped me like the other two. We're three episodes in now and...what has happened, exactly? More to the point, the actual point of conflict here is really vague and hard to pin down. Some people want Phase 2 to happen, other people don't? Because Congos or whatever?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Sam Esmail can take as long as he wants setting the stage and tone. I'll watch every minute of it.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Sekenr posted:

Kinda feels like S3 had taken a bad turn. Why is everybody so emotional suddenly? People constantly talking about their feelings isn't a substitute for an intriguing story. It seems like the entire story will be Elliot fighting against evil Mr. Robot personality and whatever he created in S1 and 2 and than he and the FBI will bust the bad guys pat each other on the backs.

talking about emotions were already a major part of the story in S1 and S2 tho

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

beep boop why emotions i am nerd big bang boop

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Sekenr posted:

huh

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Tyrelliot is the new plot now, deal with it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yesssss new thread title lol

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather have people actually talking to eachother than Elliot having like three scenes each with his sister and Angela in all of S2, which was one of my biggest peeves.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

BrianWilly posted:

I also have to admit that while the show is still Good because the actors and scenes and production are all good, season 3 hasn't really gripped me like the other two. We're three episodes in now and...what has happened, exactly? More to the point, the actual point of conflict here is really vague and hard to pin down. Some people want Phase 2 to happen, other people don't? Because Congos or whatever?

Well, for one thing Elliot spent the first three episodes beating every hacker in the world at hacking. With 178 minutes to spare!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I kinda agree that S3 seems less interesting and less engaging then the first 2, although I still cant quite put my finger on why exactly

Episode 3 was a blast, though

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

First episode of this season did nothing for me but it's started dragging me in again.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

apatheticman posted:

This show might go off the rails some times but every episode has a neat moment that I don't feel too bad with my time investment.

Cypress Hill was one of those.

Mostly its the title screens though. Dear god give that DP an Emmy already.
Yeah, this is why I still watch the show despite having some extreme misgivings about certain directions it goes both in production and execution. There is always something you can point at in each episode that is really, really entertaining.

Samizdata posted:

It wasn't just the two of you. Good thing he didn't spend time building up an immunity to it.
...considering how much he needed, there is a bit of an immunity there.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 1, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

VodeAndreas posted:

First episode of this season did nothing for me but it's started dragging me in again.

Yeah, I didn't like the Lynch-esque stuff last season (Ex: Angela's adventure), first ep seemed a bit off but the next two seem to be ramping up well. I'm optimistic.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I'll give this season 3 more episodes, but if it doesn't grab me by then I'm done

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
How long was Elliot in prison for? I know his sentence was eight months, but I vaguely recall him being let out early.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Maelstache posted:

Whiterose put loving Trump in power! Of course! I admire the balls of this show to make that an actual part of the series mythology,

They did basically nothing with it and even if it was the other way around it would have no impact on the show.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

They did basically nothing with it and even if it was the other way around it would have no impact on the show.

Given the themes of anti-corporatism, Hillary “My posse’s on Wall Street” Clinton would have possibly slotted in better than Trump.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Given the themes of anti-corporatism, Hillary “My posse’s on Wall Street” Clinton would have possibly slotted in better than Trump.

It was a demonstration of power. Whiterose can even get the dumbest, worst choice imaginable elected if she wants.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Also if Whiterose's plan is to decohering reality in some way, putting Trump in charge is a good way to get people onboard with this plan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krazyface posted:

How long was Elliot in prison for? I know his sentence was eight months, but I vaguely recall him being let out early.

I want to say that the whole thing was just six weeks.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

It was may through july

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

If you're curious about what the date is in Mr. Robot land, someone crazier than us thankfully mapped it all out (not including Season 3 information yet, though.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bSbP5qI1BNPrz0gyqhZ3dU1u2Xn3rSvJHSBgxMOJeXM/edit#gid=0
He was arrested after the 5/9 hack and released in early August.
And if you were curious like me, yes, Trump was making speeches back then. His bid was announced in June of 2015.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody should screencap that shot of Darlene torrenting because I think I saw something interesting there.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Somebody should screencap that shot of Darlene torrenting because I think I saw something interesting there.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
So Darlene is into girls?

Not terribly surprised TBH

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
RE: Darlene's torrenting

That was the first thing I noticed as well, haha.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, yup.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dom officially queer. :getin:

Also Darlene, I guess.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

T-man posted:

Dom officially queer. :getin:

Alexa was her first love. :colbert:

Angela is cold af.

cochise fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 2, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
meanwhile, tyrell now thinks he's a god...

i'm sure that will end well

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Alternate dimension confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Next week looks fuckin nuts

• Locked thread