Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Is this the same ED Forum I got banned for posting one PGabz video with no prior warnings? Must be another.

Le Taxee:

Experimental Skin fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Serious question guys:

If I buy the Intel SSD do I get Star Citizen or only the ship and I still have to buy Star Citizen?

Do I also get Squad 42 because I hear it has Gillian Anderson in it and I loved her in X Files and I think this is how games really need to be where it’s not how much gameplay you have but how many movie stars you have.

I think 1 movie star should equal at least 5 - 10 different mediocre game systems. Like since they have Luke Skywalker they have gravity, sword melee, capital ship boarding, rebel snow bases, and at least planetary landing.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

Haha! I knew it had to exist somewhere. I’ve personally never seen one like this though.

Heh, I have >_>

I spent a good part of the 90's traveling in the US, lots of concerts/festivals/gatherings, hot springs and camping and sunshine... and fixing our broken down van to keep on keepin on. At some point during this escapade, we were in Birmingham Alabama for a few months, rebuilding the Chevy 350 in our step-van (milk truck/UPS van looking thing w/sliding doors and you can stand up in it) we lived/traveled in, which sucked because we just put that loving engine in there after throwing a piston off our crankshaft leaving New Orleans a few months earlier after Mardi Gras, which was a month long saga in itself staying with the Hemp Museum folks (southern chapter of NORML) when they were on South Carrolton St. In Birmingham we also had cool people to stay with where we could do the work (off-street this time!) and there were other cool folks around town we started hanging out and partying with.

One of my new friends knew some good mushroom fields about an hour out of town, and we had already been eating them for a few days so it sounded p rad to go pick some like the natives. Honestly it was a gang of fun, though sketchy cause dude w/the car has to drop you off and do 5-10 mile laps back/forth until your are done. Parking the car there is a bust -cops know exactly what's up and so do the farmers and trespassing is the minimum you'll get and most likely will be much worse. Anyhow, after some amazing high as gently caress cow interactions (they totally know what's up and protect them -for themselves!) we had a nice stash to bring back (bout 20yrs apiece worth if we got caught lol) and went back to the road and luckily our buddy drove by before any farmers or cops did. I call this hippie roulette.

About halfway back I really had to poo poo, like pronto... we were eating raw rear end mushrooms in the field with ranch dressing after just rinsing them off w/our cantines (they grow in cow poo poo) and our filthy hands plus mushies can gently caress w/your gut anyhow and god drat I had to blow a loving seal. I was getting legit worried about losing it in the car which would be a lovely trip, worse than sweating with my sphincter under manual override and at deficon 2. Just in the nick of time we come across a diner in the middle of nowhere and pull in. I blast out of the car to go to the bathroom and go through the front door and man it was a scene like a bad movie about The South but in slow motion/frame by frame psychedelic time dilation. The family that owned/ran the place all crowded at one booth (one leaning on a mop chewing gum) were straight hillbillies and didn't like the look of the freak dude that just burst through their front door desperate for bathroom with a crazed look in his eye so were all staring at me in shock and revulsion and the gum chewer stopped chewing and time stood loving still. The few customers there were staring at me frozen in place cause I really did look like a freak to them plus was high af and mostly concentrating on notshtting.

They all point in unison and I make my way to the bathroom and get in there and it looks just like the loving picture -two normal sit down toilets side by side with no wall between them and would be in full view of anyone standing by the door if it opened. What made it even weirder though was there was a lock on the door too so now my psilocybin addled brain is trying to work out the permutations and implications of this new development. I gave up trying to figure it out and decided not to lock the door and no sooner than I started to explode, one of my buddies comes in with the giggles, gripping his sides with tears and everything telling me about how much poo poo the diner folks were all talking about me by the time he walked in then he stayed in there busting my (rather exposed) balls for most of my throne time. Honestly that part was less awkward than another driveby past the diner folks in my condition, the walk of shame back out was worse than my way in somehow. We laughed our loving asses off so hard after we were out of there and had a safe and hilarious ride back to town and the rest of the trip was magical.

Welp that's my dual shitter story and I still have no idea wtf the lock was for... like once there's two of you in there, then it's awkward if someone comes in?

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 2, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

The Titanic posted:

Serious question guys:

If I buy the Intel SSD do I get Star Citizen or only the ship and I still have to buy Star Citizen?

Do I also get Squad 42 because I hear it has Gillian Anderson in it and I loved her in X Files and I think this is how games really need to be where it’s not how much gameplay you have but how many movie stars you have.

I think 1 movie star should equal at least 5 - 10 different mediocre game systems. Like since they have Luke Skywalker they have gravity, sword melee, capital ship boarding, rebel snow bases, and at least planetary landing.

Fighting fearsome beasts in deathmatches, meeting your own father from time to time and kissing your sister, too...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Titanic posted:

Serious question guys:

Fly at quantum speeds. Purchase an Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P and claim the blazing fast, exclusive in-game Sabre Raven ship and free Star Citizen game while supplies last. Step in, begin the journey, and inhabit a world more immersive than ever before.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Welp that's my dual shitter story and I still have no idea wtf the lock was for... like once there's two of you in there, then it's awkward if someone comes in?

1. It would definitely be more awkward if you lock the door after somebody else comes in. Bonus points for a seriously toned "I have expected you".

2. Helluva story in general.

E: nasa is currently running an open contest for solutions to EVA defecation as they still haven't come up with a better way themselves than "putting people in oversized diapers inside their million dollar spacesuits"

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 2, 2017

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know that thing that we don't have that and is years and years away from happening? Well, I strongly believe that there have to be regulations and limitations regarding it.

quote:

I would definitelly like to hear what you have to say and if you think something like that could happen or not.

Yeah th'at's the problem with base-building. Nailed it.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

trucutru posted:

You know that thing that we don't have that and is years and years away from happening? Well, I strongly believe that there have to be regulations and limitations regarding it.

What is wrong with these people.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I want a Space HOA that I can take to Space Court.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Goosfraba posted:

What is wrong with these people.

How are they possibly ever be able to balance the game for all the Han Solos?

But, the actual big fear is that maybe, just maybe, some of the guys who spent 50 thousand dollars in combat ships may want to, you know, use them. And now they can attack your space-house! gently caress that!

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t24XAntNCY&t=189s

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

trucutru posted:

How are they possibly ever be able to balance the game for all the Han Solos?

You either make every player feel like they are the Han Solo of the galaxy or... you don't balance anything since your game doesn't have a working economy to begin with.

Who cares, just give em useless game money.

trucutru posted:

But, the actual big fear is that maybe, just maybe, some of the guys who spent 50 thousand dollars in combat ships may want to, you know, use them. And now they can attack your space-house! gently caress that!

They've never played a video game, ever.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

trucutru posted:

He's got the Goon Fear already. People co-operating.. to achieve stuff... in an MMO?! Not fair! :reddit:

On the other hand if the game ever did release base building is going to suck right of the bat because there would immediately be rush of credit card warriors with pay to win fleets grabbing all the best spots for bases while all the suckers who naively expected to lay out $60 and get a fun game find out they're going to be unloading cargo in their play time.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb78LUFOeKI

lmao remember when a dumb game about goats made a space game before star citizen got 8 people on their servers

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Ramadu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb78LUFOeKI

lmao remember when a dumb game about goats made a space game before star citizen got 8 people on their servers

quote:

Key features

-Visit space today or get old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for
-Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!
-Endless space full of planets to visit. but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother
-There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one
-Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
-Learn how to be a real bridge commander like that spock dude from mars or whatever
-The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with exclusive content. I know PR. Hire me Valve!
-No crew member will be left unromanced
seems like better deal than star citizen.
when will its crowfunding complete?

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Dark Off posted:

seems like better deal than star citizen.
when will its crowfunding complete?

Would you believe me if I told you its available today? Prob not because no one is as good at making games as Lord Commando Chris "PAAAAAAARPPP" Robertszzzzz!!!11 Dumb goonie.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So if I blow a hole in another player’s moon base while he’s in it with no helmet on does he like die from lack of oxygen or what

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Taintrunner posted:

So if I blow a hole in another player’s moon base while he’s in it with no helmet on does he like die from lack of oxygen or what

Yes. Every feature you want will be in the game. Now pledge $200.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Enchanted Hat posted:

Now pledge $200.

Yeah, if you wanna be a scrub. :jerkbag:

$1000 is basically the floor for being a non-peon. If you hope to someday be cool, that starts at $5000.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I request a ban for this individual. Comment development was no joke.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Taintrunner posted:

You can buy blast proof walls for 100$. Checkmate goonie.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sandweed posted:

You can buy blast proof walls for 100$. Checkmate goonie.

You can buy blast proof piercing weapon mods for 200$ upwards. Checkmate you poor plebs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Codezombie posted:

Now with added Fidelatay

I bet you can make your own clothes in a fully simulated tailor shop. And repair the rails when they get their paint chipped. This is so exciting.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

The inside of the crate was the SSD? That was the big lead-up and reveal? What the gently caress is wrong with these people!?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Goosfraba posted:

I want to be a forklift operator IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEE!!!!

The only good forklift in space is the homing, explosive forklift weapon you can unlock via cheat code in the original Escape Velocity.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Thoatse posted:

Welp that's my dual shitter story

That was loving amazing

The parallel universe comedy version of Terence McKenna in the amazon

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Sillybones posted:

I bet you can make your own clothes in a fully simulated tailor shop. And repair the rails when they get their paint chipped. This is so exciting.

Yes...! send me $10 to make it happen*

It'll even have deck mopping simulation support, ask yourself does Love Pledge have realtime deck mopping support?

(*cans of space paint sold separately )

Codezombie fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 2, 2017

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Codezombie posted:

Yes...! send me $10 to make it happen*

It'll even have deck mopping simulation support, ask yourself does Love Pledge have realtime deck mopping support?

(*cans of space paint sold separately )

It'll be DLC that unlocks after you finish.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

Pledges, please.

:golfclap:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Taintrunner posted:

Yes he gets blown to space wearing only his underwear with an expression of relief and ecstasy as he dies from asphyxiation.
This is already in the game --and a popular gif in the thread.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Now I know why I was born this way.

Because with the alternative I would have been killed in probably a very comical fashion.

Here lies The Titanic, died busting for a leak

*hmmm, not quite*

Here lies The Titanic, had a couple of lookouts, made accidental contact, died of internal injuries

*almost*

The Titanic, she lies where she fell, because no-one on this earth is getting her off that floor

I'm going with that.

So are there any more cons or major funding drives left for CIG this year, or is it onto another drought season until next year?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/186834596?t=14m08s

:yarg: :yarg: :gary:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

This is loltastic. Panic swapping of jpegs for other jpegs since jpegs are limited and the latest jpeg incarnation fulfills all sperg dreams in a singular jpeg. The Pioneer is the jpegularity.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Ubik_Lives posted:

So are there any more cons or major funding drives left for CIG this year, or is it onto another drought season until next year?

You know the Star Wars Christmas Special, the legendarily bad television event that has never been shown again, and included such painful, IP-ruining experiences that George Lucas took decades to devise something worse?*

CIG does one of those every. single. year.

Seriously, the CIG holiday livestream is usually the annual high point for awkward, ill-thought-out stupidity. If we have any hope of CIG doing something entertaining with what's left of 2017, that is our last best chance.

* On an interesting trivia note, it was also the first appearance of Boba Fett, albeit in animated form.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 2, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Are they for real? I'm not even banned. I have been temp banned there 3 times for going off-topic. Just like everyone else who has. The third time, I opted not to return after the 30 day ban expired because it's just going to end up being the same thing whereby they show up, poo poo up the place, we overreact, and everyone gets temp banned en masse.

It's amazing how they make poo poo up seemingly on-the-fly.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/186834596?t=25m32s

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Jokes on you, I saw this on my tablet in night mode! :smuggo:

Abuminable posted:

This is loltastic. Panic swapping of jpegs for other jpegs since jpegs are limited and the latest jpeg incarnation fulfills all sperg dreams in a singular jpeg. The Pioneer is the jpegularity.

CIG: Don't worry guys! There's still plenty of Pioneers for sale for cash! Guys? Guys? Hello?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

I think for me the joke is more that it's considered such a huge issue by /r/ds. We get reports any time OSC posts in the refunds subreddit about how it's blatantly a Derek alt and we should ban him, and my answer is always "So what?" because Derek was never banned from /refunds for an infraction, so in terms of the refunds sub he's not "evading" anything. Moreover, subreddit moderators don't have any real way of doing alt-checks other than submitting a message to the admin team and hoping maybe they respond. It's an admin-level problem and I know for a fact OSC has been reported to them multiple times for being a Derek alt, so if they haven't done anything yet :shrug:

They treat it like it's a heinous crime to have an alt account and that's funny to me because half of them shitpost on refunds with alt accounts, like that Evil_Merlin dude.

They even mass reported him when he first showed up this past Summer, and managed to get his account temp banned. He apparently contacted Reddit admin, and they reverted it. They've been salty since.

Anyone who isn't in their circle jerk quarantine hug box, and who isn't a known Goon, is apparently Derek Smart. That poo poo never gets old.

What's even more hilarious is that he keeps owning them left and right. That's what makes them even more salty because he's doing it right inside their quarantine zone - without breaking the rules.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!